Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who eats cold pizza?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Bus77II

My thing is cold fried chicken. Especialy finding under the skin some of the spicy coating uncooked. mmmm..mmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gawd no. I will eat it the next day but only after its been back in the oven for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

Cold pizza would require not eating it when it's hot. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

The Breakfast of Champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Not a chance.

Cold pizza is like warm ice cream. It it's cold it's not pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MissMiami

I can't count the number of days when I'd gotten up at around 11 or 12 noon after a night out, feasted on some lovely cold pizza and lay on the couch watching a marathon of Jerry Springer, Maury, Ellen and Oprah (not Jeremy Kyle though)....ahhh heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

galwayrush wrote: »
    I hate cheese. I'll eat pizza without it , hot or cold.
    Then it's just bread with sauce, cant really call it pizza. Weirdo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 darrenb81

I eat cold pizza all the time and out of the fridge is the best :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Then it's just bread with sauce, cant really call it pizza. Weirdo :p

Common enough for people in Europe to eat it without cheese. The dough is what makes it a pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Microwave it ffs.
    And I fail to understand cold pasta either.

cold pasta!!!:eek:thats taking things a bit to far
    i prefer pizza hot but if push came to shove i would eat it cold too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just had a slice of cold pizza there now, it was nomilicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I purposefully order enough pizza with the few to having it cold for breakfast the next, amazing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

The only thing better than cold pizza is cold chinese...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

cold pasta!!!:eek:thats taking things a bit to far
    Never had pasta salad??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Cold pizza - oi loves it ree
    Cold curry - your a mutant
    Cold burgers - don't make me puke through my cyclops eye
    Cold sausage rolls - oi loves it ree
    Cold pork pies - oi loves it ree
    Cold pasta - computer says no

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yes as we always buy1get1free so yeah, always have some left for the morning mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I prefer most foods cold actually. You can taste the flavors a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I remember some kid in school who used to eat a cold burger in a sandwich for lunch :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

coco_lola wrote: »
    We had a debate about this today, some people think its disgusting to eat pizza after it's gone cold!

Knacker fundamentalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

I'll eat pizza cold, I won't enjoy it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

It's not disgusting, I just prefer it warm.

That said though, I'd rather eat it cold than microwaved. Only way to reheat is in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Would you eat a toasted sandwich cold?
    Yes of course, I love the toasted cheese taste, and when the bread is toasted it cools down and is like those swedish crisp roll things. But with cold pizza the base is more similar to bread than toasted bread.

I think it was in holland or germany I saw cold cooked pizza slices in delis & supermarkets.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    I remember some kid in school who used to eat a cold burger in a sandwich for lunch :confused:
    I would have no problem with cold burgers either. Again they are just sandwiches, burger king even call their burgers "sandwiches". People will eat a turkey sandwich without heating it, what is so different about the meats? if it was a chicken fillet burger is it suddenly OK to eat it cold, but not cows.

The other oddity is people having a hangup about not eating any animal other than pigs before noon, bloody oddballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I voted yes, cause I eat everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/692122.stm
    A Scottish chemistry lecturer believes she has discovered the scientific reason why cold, left-over pizza, tastes so good the morning after.

Dr Maureen Cooper, from Stirling University, says the answer lies in the properties of the tomato puree.

The traditional pizza base has fibres which trap water, preventing it from seeping through to the cooked dough and making it soggy.

Chips
    Cold chips don't go down as well
    Given that fat and water do not mix, the melted cheese topping then sits nicely above the puree.

Dr Cooper explained: "We all see the grease on plates which causes washing-up liquid to float on top.

"That is because oil and water do not mix. That same phenomenon can be applied to the cold pizza.

"Because the fat does not go through to the base, the pizza itself tastes so much better.

"That is not the same for chips, which are not recommended for eating cold.

National Science Week

"Unfortunately the chips don't taste nice because the fat congeals. It's the fat which goes solid when the food is no longer warm.

"However, oil at room temperature stays liquid, which feels much nicer on the tongue."

Curry
    Cold curry is another winner
    Dr Cooper made public her research during the recent National Science Week, which set out to make the subject more interesting to the general public.

The scientist also thinks she can explain why cold curry tastes much better the day after.

"Spices that are used to make a curry are those which promote digestion.

"So, in terms of aromatherapy, things like clove oil, ginger and garlic are all essential oils which help digestion. While the left-over curry sits, the oils and spices are continuing to tenderise the meat.

"By eating curries we are giving ourselves an aromatherapy session from the inside out."

tescos had a lasange sandwich
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2010/jun/16/tesco-lasagne-sandwich-lasandwich-why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Just stick the cold pizza slice in the toaster, much nicer than cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

TheZohan wrote: »
    Just stick the cold pizza slice in the toaster, much nicer than cold.

Does the topping not melt all over the place in the toaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Trí wrote: »
    Does the topping not melt all over the place in the toaster?
    You need to keep an eye on it alright, but you can get reusable sandwich bags and cook them in that in the toaster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

im eating it right now, dipping it in garlic sauce mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

No way that's disgusting!

Pizza is meant to be eaten hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I left the last slice of my pizza in the box last night with intentions of munching away on it this morning.
    Came downstairs this morning to discover it had been thrown in the bin by someone :mad:.

Advertisement