Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whiskey v's Beer.

Options
  • 26-12-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Well what can I say, the title says it all.
    I got a bottle of Bushmills 21 year old malt yesterday and have now made a large "dent" into it and the beer is sitting stagnating in the fridge.
    Uisce beatha indeed. :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I feckin can't stand whiskey. Its rotten. Beer all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Well what can I say, the title says it all.
    I got a bottle of Bushmills 21 year old malt yesterday and have now made a large "dent" into it and the beer is sitting stagnating in the fridge.
    Uisce beatha indeed. :D

La dee f*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I put ice in a Midleton yesterday and I was nearly kicked out of the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Not a Midleton Rare I hope :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

but you can't really swill whiskey before yer lying frothing at the mouth uttering madness, at risk of kidney incineration if not death. but then beer won't exactly quench yer thirst either.. i don't know. what curious refreshments. sure its all legal anyhow; knock yerself out. a small whiskey, maybe a wee beer.

where's the fcukin poll btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

Is that a Cork person?!!!

Star Bingo wrote: »
    but you can't really swill whiskey before yer lying frothing at the mouth uttering madness, at risk of kidney incineration if not death. but then beer won't exactly quench yer thirst either.. i don't know. what curious refreshments. sure its all legal anyhow; knock yerself out.

Whiskey it is then

bungler wrote: »
    Is that a Cork person?!!!

No they would definitely have been kicked out of the house if they were from Cork

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Whiskey for sure, I've stopped drinking beer for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Much like ebony and ivory whiskey and beer can live together in perfect harmony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

orourkeda wrote: »
    No they would definitely have been kicked out of the house if they were from Cork

Jesus you really do bitch on & on about cork people a lot don't you?

How do you make a poll??
    (things getting a bit blurry now :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Much like ebony and ivory whiskey and beer can live together in perfect harmony.

They can if you had the same mates as me one of the lads drinks Jim Beam and tops it up with Bulmers, Very classy chap

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Good whiskey, can't be beaten. I've a bottle of 18 year old Jameson I haven't visited in a while. Might make a change to that now... And if you'd tried to put ice in good whiskey around here it'd be taken off you and you'd get the cheap stuff back. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I hate beer.
    I like whiskey.

Not a Midleton Rare I hope :eek:

It was indeed :o

It was indeed :o
    :eek:

Unfortunately there is no "slow shaking head while tutting" smiley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 RockMan94

How about get a life V NONE!

I reached for the coke bottle for the craic aswell but that wasn't even seen as a joke. Think the aul man was mildly embarrased

Not a big fan of raw spirits. Though smabuca that's lit with some coffee beans is pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

RockMan94 wrote: »
    How about get a life V NONE!
    no no, this is about whiskey and beer

• Advertisement

I reached for the coke bottle for the craic aswell but that wasn't even seen as a joke. Think the aul man was mildly embarrased
    :D

That made me laugh. What kind of place do we live in when someone is slightly embarrassed because their "child" wants to water down their hard liquor. :D

(hic).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bitter (Real Ale) all the way imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Yesterday was a wine and beer day, today it's been a JD day. I just go with the flow because I don't really have a favorite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I highly recommend the Jameson site tour in Midleton if you're in Cork anytime soon

More info on a link here
    http://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/

A good day for all

Was there once, enjoyed it greatly. I didn't drink the whiskey at the end though, don't like the stuff

I highly recommend the Jameson site tour in Midleton if you're in Cork anytime soon

More info on a link here
    http://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/

A good day for all

Was there once, enjoyed it greatly. I didn't drink the whiskey at the end though, don't like the stuff

Well the bottle came with an invitation to do just that so I might take them up on it if I'm ever in the area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Can't I just have both ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

If I could only have one it would definitely be beer

Just before I fall off up to bed, I did a quick count and its official, and all people who expressed a preference for it, prefer whiskey. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Whiskey is disgusting, gimme a few beers anyday! 18yr old whiskey my ass, these alcos would not know the difference between 1 day and 50 yr old whiskey!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Whiskey is disgusting, gimme a few beers anyday! 18yr old whiskey my ass, these alcos would not know the difference between 1 day and 50 yr old whiskey!

The real Arthur Daly would never say that. :mad:

Advertisement