Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What movies did you watch today?

Options
  • 25-12-2010 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭

Most of my family couldn't come over today due to dangerous driving conditions in my area so I had a long day in front of the telly with wine and food.

I watched 'Its A Wonderful Life' and 'Scrooged'. 'Die Hard' is on now and I've just realised the wine is hitting me because I originally wrote 'Diet Hard' there. My brain is trying to tell me to stop eating I think :D

What are you favourite Christmas movies and what did you watch today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

I just watched The Quiet Man, really enjoyed it. Mamma Mia! is on in the background now, a really bad film, but perfect for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Naked nuns with guns

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Just watched enchanted and shrek! Yes.....I'm a child at heart.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Dazed and Confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

None. They were all shíte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

bonerm wrote: »
    Dazed and Confused

Yes, but what films did you watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I'm after the two documentaries on RTE on this years championship in the GAA.
    Fell asleep earlier when Happy Feet was on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Some Like It Hot - my first time watching it and thought it was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

distinct shortage of Gremlins this year. will probs watch Staten Island on the prem hd laterward

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Watched the Magnificent Seven, then some Top Gear.

• Advertisement

Heads up actually. The Departed about to start on RTE2. Very good watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Most of my family couldn't come over today due to dangerous driving conditions in my area so I had a long day in front of the telly with wine and food.

I watched 'Its A Wonderful Life' and 'Scrooged'. 'Die Hard' is on now and I've just realised the wine is hitting me because I originally wrote 'Diet Hard' there. My brain is trying to tell me to stop eating I think :D

What are you favourite Christmas movies and what did you watch today?
    Shrek 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Some Like It Hot - my first time watching it and thought it was brilliant!

I thought it was overrated. Some Like It Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

SeaFields wrote: »
    Heads up actually. The Departed about to start on RTE2. Very good watch.

yeah i have Wahlberg-ophobia.

only joking :D seems someone finally found him his niche

In our house, we only watch bits of this and bits of that, because people will not shut the fuck up. After today's effort, I'm sure that Shrek was in It's A Wonderful Life, along with Pierce Brosnan, even though the movie was made 60 odd years ago.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

coconut5 wrote: »
    I just watched The Quiet Man, really enjoyed it. Mamma Mia! is on in the background now, a really bad film, but perfect for Christmas.
    Same here,but not my choice...my Dads. Hes watched Mama Mia about 20 times. Its either hes gay or has a crush on Meryl Streep. Im goin for gay :D

Seriously though, he has it on DVD yet hes still sittin in his chair wavin his hands like a sap,its so funny.Im waitin for him to fall asleep to get the remote.

Had a great day though :D

anniehoo wrote: »
    Same here,but not my choice...my Dads. Hes watched Mama Mia about 20 times. Its either hes gay or has a crush on Meryl Streep. Im goin for gay :D

Seriously though, he has it on DVD yet hes still sittin in his chair wavin his hands like a sap,its so funny.Im waitin for him to fall asleep to get the remote.

You'll probably find out that you were adopted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Crap tv so i broke out the Arrested Development abd 24 dvds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

anniehoo wrote: »

Ah, that's so cute. My dad loves ABBA too, so I wouldn't worry. :D

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Crap tv so i broke out the Arrested Development abd 24 dvds :)

I'm going to watch the Departed. After that I got the ten greatest heavyweight fight on dvd boxset as a present today. Might watch an Ali fight. Now thats a drinking dvd if i ever had one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I'm going to have a gawk at Inception here now. Every dilweed i've spoken to has said its great...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bmarley

such crap tv, had to pay to watch the karate kid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes (wife got me all series). Not a movie but still excellent viewing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Tomorrow - When the war began.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

coconut5 wrote: »
    Ah, that's so cute. My dad loves ABBA too, so I wouldn't worry. :D
    That was quick,snorin his head off now. Flicked over to the The Departed...looks good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Although Batman Begins is on TCM - excellent show and perfect for the huge LCD and surround sound speakers I bought not just one week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Great movie, its been a while since i saw it. I remember thinking the ending was a bit off. Cant remember why to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'm going to have a gawk at Inception here now. Every dilweed i've spoken to has said its great...

It's (
    He dies in the end
    )

I went for

Elf
    The Human Centipede
    and soon to watch blood diamond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

No movies for me. I listened to an opera instead - Wagner's Tannhäuser on Radio 3. And now I'm listening to some podcasts I've downloaded from Radio Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Watched bits of several movies - Avatar, Four Christmases, Love Actually, and for some reason, The Final Destination. That last one was really not something I wanted to be watching just after my Xmas dinner!

Advertisement