Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport

Options
  • 23-12-2010 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

My daughter is flying out to join me in South Africa.
    Will the plane leave today [23rd]?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

you might get some heat for opening up one thread in specific , but its Christams,

it had a good day to day and seem to be much more in control so id say chances are high 80+

best to keep an eye on departures to see if they are on top of their schedule, think long haul is prioritised too,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I'm flying from Dublin today and all looks well, the website says they expect everything to run as normal today so I wouldn't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Looking good at the moment.
    04.45: Dublin Airport Fully Operational

Dublin Airport is fully operational this morning Thursday, 23rd December, 2010. There were a number of snow showers overnight however our snow and ice crews have worked throughout the night to ensure the runway, taxiway and apron areas are available for flight operations this morning while temperatures dropped to -6 degrees.Our snow and ice crews are on standby should weather conditions deteriorate further.
    http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/10-12-23/04_45_Dublin_Airport_Fully_Operational_This_Morning.aspx

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Dublin airport now closed until at least 1.30 :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah its bad - no communication from EI yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

It would be useful if this thread could remain open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Stuck in Rygge, Norway, Dublin Airport closed till 13:30.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

God tur hjem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Dublin airport fully operational as of 13:00

Id recommend setting up a twitter account and following dublin airport as they update it very regularly during the day

Good news. Hopefully they can get that backlog sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Looking out the window, I guess it will be closed again if this shower keeps up.

RasTa wrote: »
    Looking out the window, I guess it will be closed again if this shower keeps up.
    Just thinking the same, its pelting down in Clontarf

Dublin Airport website is running very slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Don't think it's any harm to have this thread open - there are so many people trying to get home for Christmas it would be good for people to update with any info they might have.

I'm supposed to be collecting my girlfriend tonight around 9pm but I can't see that happening. According to Aer Lingus the flight is still as scheduled but with the backlog from this morning plus the further falls now (well there is a big flurry on the Southside at the moment) it's not looking good.

I hope this is not true
    http://twitter.com/NewsDublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

jos28 wrote: »
    I hope this is not true

The Airport is still open and very much active.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

jos28 wrote: »
    I hope this is not true

That's actually a story about this morning's closure. Still, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did close again, it's still coming down strong in D6.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I've been pretty tense the last few days worrying about if I'm going to get home or not, I'm flying out of Heathrow tomorrow evening, things at Heathrow are getting back to normal, but I didn't realise I now have to worry about the weather in Dublin.
    I hope the weather eases up later today and tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

"16.00: Dublin Airport Resumes Flight OperationsDecember 23 2010Flight operations resumed at Dublin Airport just after 13.00, Thursday 23rd December, 2010.There are delays to the flight schedule as a result and passengers are advised to contact their airline or airline's website BEFORE coming to the airport.Our snow and ice crew are on standby should weather conditions deteriorate further.You can follow us on http://twitter.com/dublinairport 16.00: Thursday 23rd December, 2010"

An optmistic update by all counts. Looks like serious delays but to date only Aer Arann flights have been cancelled....

Planes have landed and taken off in the past 10 minutes, best source for flight info is directly with your chosen airline, it took the airport websites a good hour to to catch up with flight info I was monitoring last night so worth checking the status there too.

She will most likely arrive but there will undoubtedly be considerable delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

sister was due to fly out of stanstead at half 6 this evening now she has a 4 hour delay,that without an further closers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I believe Aer Lingus have cancelled all outgoing flights for the rest of the day and are trying to get as many inbound planes into Ireland as they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

All outbound Aerlingus flights cancelled for the day since 16:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Why cancel only outbound flights? what i mean is alot of the planes have to go outbound to come back inbound?

For example my brother is stuck in vienna, as the flight going out is cancelled he is now screwed.

Is this not a company who claim to be the national airline and who promised to get as many people home as possible? why not fly as many planes in and out while the airport is open. Even if there were delays at least people would get home even if it is the middle of the night.

They are the only airline doing this and as a frequent aer lingus flyer i find it absurd and a big let down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Vudgie wrote: »
    I believe Aer Lingus have cancelled all outgoing flights for the rest of the day and are trying to get as many inbound planes into Ireland as they can.

They have cancelled a hell of a lot inbound as well. Its why I will never travel with Aer Lingus anymore.

angel01 wrote: »
    From RTE:

Aer Lingus has cancelled all flights due to leave Dublin Airport after 4pm today.

All EI flights that are scheduled to leave before 4pm will still be leaving afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Why cancel only outbound flights? what i mean is alot of the planes have to go outbound to come back inbound?

For example my brother is stuck in vienna, as the flight going out is cancelled he is now screwed.

Is this not a company who claim to be the national airline and who promised to get as many people home as possible? why not fly as many planes in and out while the airport is open. Even if there were delays at least people would get home even if it is the middle of the night.

They are the only airline doing this and as a frequent aer lingus flyer i find it absurd and a big let down
    Aer Lingus is really a joke, their plots and steward/hostess are all the same, rude impolite and selfish. They only think about themselves , their salary and their strikes. They doesn't care at all about passengers. If you saw the amount of people crying this morning because the flight from 7am didn't go at all and 12pm these passengers were still there. No information from Aer lingus. The DAA is also a big joke, they should provide more news and assistance to passengers but they donesn't. The country is a big joke compared to other European countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

kennyb3 wrote: »

The plane due to go to Vienna from Dublin is probably in Cork or Shannon. It could still get to Vienna empty. The planes will be using this Dublin cancellation period to reposition themselves i assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

irish1967 wrote: »
    The plane due to go to Vienna from Dublin is probably in Cork or Shannon. It could still get to Vienna empty. The planes will be using this Dublin cancellation period to reposition themselves i assume.
    Good point. My mother rang and thos plane was boarding at the time of the cancellation notice, so its in Dublin.However i ve said it to my bro anyway and will get him to hang around vienna (he lives in graz and would prob head back) until ei665 is cancelled.

Aer Lingus is really a joke, their plots and steward/hostess are all the same, rude impolite and selfish. They only think about themselves , their salary and their strikes.

Blame the company - not the people that make sure selfish people like you get home!

Flights are still leaving EI634 boarding in 5 mins

• Advertisement

Currently clearing snow from runway

Advertisement