Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions?

Options
  • 22-12-2010 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going unregistered for this one, for reasons that will become clear, and if you see this posted you know that the mods have decided to give it a go. (Thanks Mods!)

Do you have any confessions, dirty secrets or thoughts? Things you'd love to confess but feel you can't? Well do go right ahead, and I'll get the party started:

Even with the ambivalent press coverage and all the rest of it, I would *love* to be alone with Julian Assange. Absolutely love it. I would do durty, durty things to him.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Even with the ambivalent press coverage and all the rest of it, I would *love* to be alone with Julian Assange. Absolutely love it. I would do durty, durty things to him.
    Wellll. That's a bit mad, but sure tis the season so play on. :) OK folks run wild, but within the boundaries of the forum, good taste* and legality.

*I've zero good taste so if I figure it's beyond the pale, chances are it probably is.... :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

JULIAN ASSANGE????????:confused:

Makes my skin crawl, I think of him as the Lizard Man :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Stheno wrote: »
    JULIAN ASSANGE????????:confused:

Makes my skin crawl, I think of him as the Lizard Man :o
    I once worked with a beautiful young woman, just out of her teens. She was mad into that horrible old fella, Rob Stewart, and would talk about him in the most revolting way - just goes to show there is no accounting for taste.

Confessions...Suppose it can be anything, not just blokes? I sent love letters to blokes I liked when I was a teenager. Thought it made me deep, I guest. I spoke to one of them years later about it, he'd never figured out where they came from, and I never told him because now he was all ugly. Shallow as a saucer, that's me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭seenitall

I'm with you on this, OP, and I have an inkling we're not part of some silent minority either! ;) He has the mysterious bad boy look going, that's for sure!

As for anything else... no thanks. Internet is never as anonymous as you would hope, is it? :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

seenitall wrote: »
    As for anything else... no thanks. Internet is never as anonymous as you would hope, is it? :D
    Don't forget, tLL has (moderated) unregistered posting.

• Advertisement

Don't forget, tLL has (moderated) unregistered posting.

Really? What a pity I must now go to bed to sleep. Yup, sleepy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I'm going unregistered for this one, for reasons that will become clear, and if you see this posted you know that the mods have decided to give it a go. (Thanks Mods!)

Do you have any confessions, dirty secrets or thoughts? Things you'd love to confess but feel you can't? Well do go right ahead, and I'll get the party started:

how old are you... 60..?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh yes I would! And I'm not 60 (not quite, anyway):rolleyes:

for a serious confession, and I've posted it before on the weird attractions thread...Boris Johnson. Oh god help me!:eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oh yes I would! And I'm not 60 (not quite, anyway):rolleyes:

for a serious confession, and I've posted it before on the weird attractions thread...Boris Johnson. Oh god help me!:eek:

I think the Assange lovers must have a type, blond, blue eyed, and reptilian.

Johnson just leaves me cold, I just think of all of the blubber wobbling about his chins and that's it.

That said I've never ever ever liked blondes :)

I'm trying to think of a weird confession but haven't one, ruled them all out due to various faults :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Theres a fellow boardsie that i've gotten to know over the past while and although I don't know know what he looks like I can't help but get excited at seeing him online and he makes me laugh a lot. i know this isn't likely to turn out well though. but i still can't help it!!!

thats my confession

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have sensational dreams of an 'adult' nature about a male (single!) boardsie who I have no intention of telling :p He does not resemble Julian Assange!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭seenitall

Well well well... still on the first page but already on the juicy stuff regarding lusting after fellow boardsies! Wahey! :D

(I wonder how boards would fare if it became/incorporated a dating site... seems a lot of activity is a foregone conclusion...)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Theres a fellow boardsie that i've gotten to know over the past while and although I don't know know what he looks like I can't help but get excited at seeing him online and he makes me laugh a lot. i know this isn't likely to turn out well though. but i still can't help it!!!

thats my confession

Awh! That's sweet! :) It could turn out well though, I met my boyfriend on Boards. We started talking to each other when this forum had an off-topic chat thread actually! Then every time I logged on, if I didn't have a PM from him, I was a teeny bit sad! :o Worked out in the end :D

Novella wrote: »
    Awh! That's sweet! :) It could turn out well though, I met my boyfriend on Boards. We started talking to each other when this forum had an off-topic chat thread actually! Then every time I logged on, if I didn't have a PM from him, I was a teeny bit sad! :o Worked out in the end :D

oh really? awww thats so cute. this guy started PMing me, and it continued for a while. half got the idea that he might like me too but probably not. i'll probably decide after meeting him at the beers that i dont like him physically so it'll probably fade away... wow that sounds soooo shallow :(

in a way i hope i dont like him so much after meeting him. at least i can stop getting a little flutter when i see his posts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i can't confess......this is the internet :p
    and hubby is on this site too LOL

i can't confess......this is the internet :p
    and hubby is on this site too LOL
    Wibbs says we can post unregistered in this forum. He'd know about that, he's awful smart.

I sometimes day dream about what my life would be like if I wasn't in a relationship anymore, and I miss the excitement of getting to know someone that you are physically attracted to when you are single, the whole uncertainty.

The grass is always greener and all that jazz :)

oh really? awww thats so cute. this guy started PMing me, and it continued for a while. half got the idea that he might like me too but probably not. i'll probably decide after meeting him at the beers that i dont like him physically so it'll probably fade away... wow that sounds soooo shallow :(

in a way i hope i dont like him so much after meeting him. at least i can stop getting a little flutter when i see his posts :o

Yeah, this has happened to me. Kinda heart breaking a little coz we get on so well thru texts/emails/PMs. Just not there when I saw him. I hope we can stay friends though.

All the best. Hope it works out well for you. Just don't get your hopes up too much.

I cant believe it but i accidentally found him around the internet somewhere, pictures and all... and it's a resounding no.

*sigh*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I cant believe it but i accidentally found him around the internet somewhere, pictures and all... and it's a resounding no.

*sigh*

As in you didn't find him attractive? Bummer :(

I do have a crush on a boardsie alright. I don't stalk him around the place, but I probably do thank his posts more freely than I would with others :).

• Advertisement

no definitely dont fancy him.

i'm not stalking him, i'm in some of the same forums as him and he started talking to me first.

it's strange though. wonder should i consider dating someone i'm not so attracted to. does that make any sense? probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

no definitely dont fancy him.

i'm not stalking him, i'm in some of the same forums as him and he started talking to me first.

it's strange though. wonder should i consider dating someone i'm not so attracted to. does that make any sense? probably not.

I don't think you can really tell whether or not you're attracted to someone 'til you meet them. Sometimes people don't look the same in photographs, or they're not photogenic or sometimes the fact that you get on so well with someone and the way they make you feel completely over-rules how the look or the fact they're not your usual type.

Should you consider dating him? Well, imo it's too early to be thinking about that. If you want to, you should just meet him and see how you feel then.

Novella wrote: »
    I don't think you can really tell whether or not you're attracted to someone 'til you meet them. Sometimes people don't look the same in photographs, or they're not photogenic or sometimes the fact that you get on so well with someone and the way they make you feel completely over-rules how the look or the fact they're not your usual type.

Should you consider dating him? Well, imo it's too early to be thinking about that. If you want to, you should just meet him and see how you feel then.

I know what you mean and I totally agree that people can look very different in real life, but am.... not that different. but yeah i'll see how things go if/when we meet. maybe I only think I like him so much cause I'm not used to being single for this long

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Don't do this. It'll only end in tears. You'll only see them as a friend whereas they'll see it as more than that. And that's not particularly fair. :cool:

Larianne wrote: »
    Don't do this. It'll only end in tears. You'll only see them as a friend whereas they'll see it as more than that. And that's not particularly fair. :cool:

ya that's what I was thinking. I mean as much as you could love someones personality if you're not attracted to them enough it wont work out. I think people were generally just saying that i should give him a chance if i meet him, cause its hard to tell with photos exactly what someone looks like.

i'm trying to calm my expectations. at least I can now as I'm fairly certain i'm not attracted to him.

generally i have to confess that there are a few boardsies that by their posts it'd make me wonder... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

I fantasize about a fave lecturer of mine ALL THE TIME. I think it is just a power thing. He is just so delish. I am talking about just staring at him in class like a weirdo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Was going to post this in the "weird attractions" thread but it seems to be aimed at celebs, so here goes.
    I have a lecturer in her mid 40's, shes nothing special to look at, but I swear to god, the moment she starts talking about Legislation I can't help but think "rarrrr".(sexy rarrr, not "box the head a ya" rarrr)

This makes me a terrible person because if she was as thick as a plank, I wouldn't look twice at her, but because shes so intelligent, I confess, I would only love to get the shift and drop the paw.
    (I'm too old to be using those saying, ara what the hell)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

papagormo wrote: »
    Was going to post this in the "weird attractions" thread but it seems to be aimed at celebs, so here goes.
    I have a lecturer in her mid 40's, shes nothing special to look at, but I swear to god, the moment she starts talking about Legislation I can't help but think "rarrrr".(sexy rarrr, not "box the head a ya" rarrr)

This makes me a terrible person because if she was as thick as a plank, I wouldn't look twice at her, but because shes so intelligent, I confess, I would only love to get the shift and drop the paw.
    (I'm too old to be using those saying, ara what the hell)

Yes my word you are a terrible person actually liking a woman because of her brains! How dare you!:)

That is actually refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dazey wrote: »
    Yes my word you are a terrible person actually liking a woman because of her brains! How dare you!:)

That is actually refreshing

He he!
    And I'm not the only one either, I mentioned her to one of the lads and he agreed with me, theres just something about her. (well, her brains basically.)
    We have other lecturers and at the beginning of the term when they entered the classroom to 40 odd male faces looking back at them you could see that they were a wee bit intimated, where as every time this lecturer entered the room, she just effortlessly commands the class, when she talks, the room instantly goes silent.

Which is why "I would!":D:p

• Advertisement

I give private classes to a guy in his early 50s. I´m in my early 30s. He´s so charming and intelligent and looks great for a man of his age plus the whole power/status thing does it for me. Recently when I´ve been pleasuring myself, I think of him and now I can´t look at him in the eye in classes and I find myself flirting with him without even realising. I have fantasies that we shag in class right there on the desk...I don´t think I can teach him anymore :-/ It´s become a bit of a problem because I´m paranoid he suspects something...

Advertisement