Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Know You Are A Football Manager Addict When.............

Options
  • 22-12-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

1.You are in bed at night going through tactics in your head!

Add to the list people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

zimovain wrote: »

Add to the list people!

Thats the only symptom I have ever had, in bed at night, at work when no one would be talking to me, wondering should I try him up front, should I sell him off. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

When a club signs an obscure player you'd already heard of in FM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When you judge up and coming young players by their progress in FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When you scream Aguero during sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When you're on the verge of tears when Barcelona sign your one and only wonder kid in January. :(

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »
    When you're on the verge of tears when Barcelona sign your one and only wonder kid in January. :(

Or when you lose a cup final, you're in a bad mood for the rest of the day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

when ye say to yourself "ah sure I'll play just the one game" and end up looking out your window and its getting bright out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

When you have a group of friends around and you can't say anything else other than "Yep" and "Um Hum" cause your at the business end of the season and can't stop playing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Or when you lose a cup final, you're in a bad mood for the rest of the day :mad:

Im like a demon when I lose a final, im so sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Add to the list people!

Haha,defo the above all the time:D and when you see Spartak Nalchik-V-Gent in the Europa League and wanna watch it and your naming off all their players plus their exiting upcoming prospects and discussing the current financial situation of both clubs to your friends-Scary stuff..........:eek:

It all started in high school for me when someone offered me my first hit of "Championship Manager 3".Its been a attribute/player/tactics contemplating blur ever since

My names dannyo666 and im an addict.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

when you see a thread like this and think its not too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When you think you'd do a better job than the current manager managing your team in real life..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

When you have Football Manager 08 and you're currently in season 2029/2030 and Gareth Bale is the only real life player left in the game and he's 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When you play almost one whole season in one day. :( I need to get out more.

You give imaginery press conferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

When you dislike a manager in real life because he dislikes you in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

When you have a sneaky game on xmas day!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

When you have 5 sneaky games on xmas day!

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

When you see a team disintegrating in real life and then feel compelled to start a new saved game and win the league /avoid relegation with them in fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

When you wear a suit for a cup final !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

When your bored and conduct press conferences in your head where you are the manager and the interviewer.

When you tell your mates about Irish players who you think are decent prospects even though you don't know what they look like, never mind seen them play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 davidc9546

...........When you promise to go to a real life game of the team you're managin just to see you're "stars" of the game :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

When you get that tingle of excitement in your stomach after spending 2 weeks straight gettin Sligo into the Champions League knock-out and hearing the crowd roar!!! Swear on my life I nearly cried with joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

When your at a match in real life and you wish you could bring on one of your star players in FM, despite them being them fake/made up regen players.

and

When you can have a full on conversation with your mates in the pub about the game :pac:

The feeling you get when a youth team player you've had since he was 16 gains his first international cap !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

franglan wrote: »
    When your bored and conduct press conferences in your head where you are the manager and the interviewer.

And to take it further you conduct imaginary appearances on tv shows like question of sport and celebrity game shows as manager of your club!!

You think of tactics, formations etc during sex !!

(There's too many to say)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

You begin to believe regen players are real :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

You start as the team you support after a bad loss in real life just to prove eveyone wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

talla10 wrote: »
    And to take it further you conduct imaginary appearances on tv shows like question of sport and celebrity game shows as manager of your club!!

And to take it further again, when you think about what you would do if the BBC offered you a special guest role on the couch on match of the day. Would you take it or say no as your a pure football man who needs to concentrate on his team and not get involved in the circus of tv.

Advertisement