Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres for Garda cars (snow conditions)

Options
  • 21-12-2010 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Curious to know how do the Garda cope with the roads during this bad weather that has hit Ireland, particularly the Traffic Corps.

Even though they do have Landcrusers and the likes they still have Mondeos on the roads which are front wheel drive.

Do the garda get equipped with winter tyres or even snow socks ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

mle1324 wrote: »
    Curious to know how do the Garda cope with the roads during this bad weather that has hit Ireland, particularly the Traffic Corps.

Even though they do have Landcrusers and the likes they still have Mondeos on the roads which are front wheel drive.

Do the garda get equipped with winter tyres or even snow socks ? :)

LOL :cool:

Get out and push sounds more appropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Seen a few Garda cars with those front wheel tyre socks today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

timmywex wrote: »
    LOL :cool:

Get out and push sounds more appropriate

LOL the good aul irish way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

mad m wrote: »
    Seen a few Garda cars with those front wheel tyre socks today...

Yup i seen a few around Lucan with them on.

2 Garda jeeps/cars stoped me to ask me how i was still driveing the last 2 nights with out snow socks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

All Traffic units have received Weiss Snow Socks for cars. Jeeps dont need them and dont get them.

The snow socks are for ice and snow only, if the road is clear they must be taken off. They really do work if anyone was thinking of getting them. About €80 for a pair and they are put only on the driving wheels.

I do laugh when people ask what we do when the roads are lethal......if you have had a material damage accident, in the middle of nowhere.....no injuries....and it was caused by ICE/SNOW.....how the hell do people think Gardaí are magically going to get there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I do laugh when people ask what we do when the roads are lethal......if you have had a material damage accident, in the middle of nowhere.....no injuries....and it was caused by ICE/SNOW.....how the hell do people think Gardaí are magically going to get there!!

+1

Simple solution is for people to slow down, especially taxi drivers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

All Traffic units have received Weiss Snow Socks for cars. Jeeps dont need them and dont get them.

The snow socks are for ice and snow only, if the road is clear they must be taken off. They really do work if anyone was thinking of getting them. About €80 for a pair and they are put only on the driving wheels.

The da got himself a pair and says that there great for hills, no trouble at all getting up them.
    eroo wrote: »
    +1

Agree there however I find that if you slow down when going up a road with an incline (like where I live) you have a very slim chance of getting up it at all, so sometimes going faster then you would on a level road (but not speeding) will benefit you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

eroo wrote: »
    +1

???

Advertisement