Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where have you spotted the camera vans!

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

LB6 wrote: »
    Oh thank God - was dreading the post in the next couple of weeks - asides from the bills :D

It was the red and yellow checkered one. Wedged tight between two cars. Wouldn't like to see him trying to get out of that space in a hurry :)

Nearly the exact same thing happened me two weeks ago and ive nothing in the post yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

source wrote: »
    Not 100% true, the AGS vans are plain white and do issue tickets.

Yes that is also correct but they are easily differentiated between each other. One has a snorkle and the other(Garda van and D reg) does not have a Snorkle and can at times have the Magnetic Garda logo on the side of the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Yes that is also correct but they are easily differentiated between each other. One has a snorkle and the other(Garda van and D reg) does not have a Snorkle and can at times have the Magnetic Garda logo on the side of the van.

One of the Garda vans has Garda written on the bonnet and a tiny Garda logo on the side (maybe magnetic one). It was outside Annacotty Ind Est about two months back.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    One of the Garda vans has Garda written on the bonnet and a tiny Garda logo on the side (maybe magnetic one). It was outside Annacotty Ind Est about two months back.

I was sitting in the back of a Garda one 2 weeks ago. Grand place to be except when a truck flies past rather close. Their flash is in the van, hence the lack of snorkle, they pull a black curtain so the flash doesnt blind back into the van.

Gas to see how many people just fly by and get caught speeding without probably ever noticing the van.

I was sitting in the back of a Garda one 2 weeks ago. Grand place to be except when a truck flies past rather close. Their flash is in the van, hence the lack of snorkle, they pull a black curtain so the flash doesnt blind back into the van.

Gas to see how many people just fly by and get caught speeding without probably ever noticing the van.

I'd say they caught a load the day outside Annacotty Ind Est. It's a 60kph limit and very few people stick to it. I asked a few people who came in did they see the camera van, they did not :rolleyes: It was still there when I headed out an hour or two later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Are there any white 05-TN Garda speed vans around?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

h3000 wrote: »
    I'd say they caught a load the day outside Annacotty Ind Est. It's a 60kph limit and very few people stick to it. I asked a few people who came in did they see the camera van, they did not :rolleyes: It was still there when I headed out an hour or two later.

Was this today???

baza1976 wrote: »
    Was this today???

Nope it was a good few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I didn't think that road was on the list of roads which is on the website for camera vans:confused:

I didn't think that road was on the list of roads which is on the website for camera vans:confused:

Apparently the Gardai on any given day can just tell the Camera Vans(Go Safe Vans & Gardai operated) where to operate from. Apparently it doesn't have to be on any list, just wherever the moods take the Garda Sergeant/Superintendant really.

If people cannot spot a van parked on the side of a road then there observations skills are not what they should be unless its being sneaky like Mulgrave Street and parking in a line of Parked cars. :D

Or Illegaly just like this one

550414c7.jpg

• Advertisement

It was definitely a Garda operated camera van not a Go Safe one. The Garda one can go wherever it likes.

Robocop an Co are also often down at the entrance road to Clyduff and at the farm gate after the industrial estate heading towards Murroe/Cappamore.

Apparently the Gardai on any given day can just tell the Camera Vans(Go Safe Vans & Gardai operated) where to operate from. Apparently it doesn't have to be on any list, just wherever the moods take the Garda Sergeant/Superintendant really.

One to keep in mind

Advertisement