Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving job after Additional Maternity Leave

Options
  • 18-12-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

I'd appreciate it if anyone can clarify this for me...

I'm on Additional Maternity Leave (AML) at the moment, and don't want to return to employment with my current Employer. To date, I have NOT received any Maternity Pay from my Employer.

When on Additional Maternity Leave, you legally have to give your Employer AT LEAST 4 weeks notice of your intention to return to work after AML.

My question is: if I tell my Employer 4 weeks + 2 days before my AML ends that I don't intend returning to work, is my date of resignation effective 4 weeks from the date that I gave my intention (which would be normal notice period when in employment) or does my resignation take effect on what would have been my first day back at work? (i.e. after my last day of AML)

Any clarification would help, as it assists me in calculating holiday pay due to my in lieu of holidays I accumulated while on ML.

Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement