Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where were you When the London Bombings happend?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

Was in London, on a bus, en route to a tube station.

My wife called me, told me there was a power related explosion on the tube.

Then heard tell of the bus blowing up, got off the bus at the next stop, and went home to watch it on TV for the day.

My wife had to walk 6 miles home that night.

I went to work on the tube the next day, and in all honesty, got quite nervous when someone got onto a carriage with a rucksack. Same on a bus.
    You could sense that they were uncomfortable too. It became a trend especially among asians to wear transparent plastic backpacks as if to say "no threat here"

weird times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I've no idea.

Didn't pass much heed to it at the time - it might make a footnote in the annals of history, at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i was coming home from a drama summer camp and i got in the car and my mom looked very worried and the radio was blaring and i asked if it was as bad as 9/11 and my mom said no and i just went on with my day. i do remember combing through cbbc newsround that night to get more information on it. i was certainly old enough to deal with it i guess. i just didn't care because i didn't think there were any casualties until that night.
    alphanine wrote: »
    Had flown threw Heathrow that morning, was on an airplane to the US while it happened. It is only a matter of time before we see more atrocities like this, not just in the UK.

name's stockholm, nice to meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I've no idea.

Didn't pass much heed to it at the time - it might make a footnote in the annals of history, at best.

Likewise...nothing more than a poor mans 9/11 when u think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

i was coming home from a drama summer camp

Sounds a bit gay, in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

At home watching Sky News oddly enough. Moved to London the month after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Sounds a bit gay, in fairness.

well i'm hardly going to man up for a thread about london

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I don't remember 9/11. Was it as bad as 11/9? :p

11/9 was very bad. Lot's of rich, white people died in it.

Regarding the London bombings, a hint as to which one would be nice.

My good friend died on 9/11 as I watched. He was not rich and his death should not be the punchline to your crap witty banter.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I was at Stratford tube station and was told the complete system was down, thought it was an electrical problem first until I saw it all over Sky news in TV shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Was on the tube to go see QOTSA play. Needless to say, they cancelled their gig.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

returning videotapes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The Agogo wrote: »
    Was on the tube to go see QOTSA play. Needless to say, they cancelled their gig.

Did ya get to the re-scheduled one a month later?

Was on way to cousins in Tipp before coming to Oxegen. Apparently my mate said something along the lines of Paris taking it badly, as London had won the rights to host the 2012 Olympics the day before:eek::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

dlofnep wrote: »
    Like, Iraq?

Or Warrington, Manchester, bishopsgate, Birmingham, Guildford.....

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

On my way to London as it happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I was at work, trying to get hold of my brother who would normally be on the Northern line that time of day. Fortunately he was away, several of his neighbours weren't so lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

In Danny Doolins bar in Auckland NZ, while over there for the Lions tour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I was on my couch...exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Which bombings are these? Bombings in the London and the rest of the UK have been relatively common over the last 40 off years like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I was working with a carpenter laying timber floors in my uncles house at the time, I remember hearing it on the radio and figured it was a NWO conspiracy against all the momentum that was building for debt relief and those concerts at the time. It certainly turned the media attention away from those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Stinicker wrote: »
    I was working with a carpenter laying timber floors in my uncles house at the time, I remember hearing it on the radio and figured it was a NWO conspiracy against all the momentum that was building for debt relief and those concerts at the time. It certainly turned the media attention away from those things.

seriously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

Edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

Was asleep when it happened. Woke up around 11, turned on the tv, saw a rather grave looking Blair on RTE. When I figured out what was going on the legs went from under me. I was afraid that it had been much worse than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

For once, I actually have a story: I was in one of my company's offices just outside Düsseldorf, lecturing a group of employees on how to support one of our products - but one of them was reading the news on his laptop instead of listening to me. I was too busy talking, didn't find out until we took a break. Getting through security at Düsseldorf airport, a few days later, was ... interesting. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

****ting it that my family in London were ok,there's not just English people living in London folks :rolleyes:

Advertisement