Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jehovah's Witnesses

Options
  • 17-12-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the general AH opinion is on them? They keep calling around to my house recently and I'm slowly considering becoming one.

Not necessarily because I agree with the ideology but because they always call around with a different hot girl and they seem to be getting hotter each time...although the same girl never comes around twice. Which gets me wondering what happens to them? Should I be worried?

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Yes, join us and you can help sacrifice and eat the hot girls (ooh and some nice halibut)

I would look into their beliefs regarding sex and relationship before you get involved with the hot girl.

Are these the ones that wear the white shirts, ties and usually manbags too? God - they annoy the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Brimmy wrote: »
    Just wondering what the general AH opinion is on them? They keep calling around to my house recently and I'm slowly considering becoming one.

Not necessarily because I agree with the ideology but because they always call around with a different hot girl and they seem to be getting hotter each time...although the same girl never comes around twice. Which gets me wondering what happens to them? Should I be worried?

What should I do?

You would be out of luck, think they have a problem with sharing body fluids :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If you live in a remote area and two call around, shoot the both of them.
    Perfect crime. There'll be no witnesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I don't know when I was last approached by one of them.

I feel left out now.

• Advertisement

Apart from Jehova.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

phill106 wrote: »
    You would be out of luck, think they have a problem with sharing body fluids :)

Knew there had to be a catch...
    easyeason3 wrote: »
    I don't know when I was last approached by one of them.

I feel left out now.

You can come around to my house the next time they call around if you like. There's always two so we can split them, it would give me time alone with the hot girl too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Pun intended or not??? I can't decide :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i once had a 20 minutes theological argument with a jehovah's witness at my front door. that f'ucker knew what he was on about alright. but i then i pulled out the old millions dieing of starvation card.

f'uck yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Brimmy wrote: »

What should I do?

As an ex JW, all I can tell you is to stay away. As far away as you possibly can. If you want to keep your independence, if you want to make your own decisions in life. If you like dedicating your life to an organisation that demands you refuse blood in medical emergencies, feel free to piss your life against the nearest wall.

If you join you'll have all your decisions made for you, all your morals controlled by a group of old farts in Brooklyn. No sex before marriage, no sex positions except the good 'ol missionary position, you dirty pervert.

That hot girl is just bait, and she won't touch you until you're a fully functioning drone within the collective.

A bit overkill, but all true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Some of my family are members.
    They're hard-core christian nutters.

The end has been nigh for at least 100 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That hot girl is just bait, and she won't touch you until you're a fully functioning drone within the collective.

But she will touch you then? Hhmmmmm?

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Some of my family are members.
    They're hard-core christian nutters.

The end has been nigh for at least 100 years.

And failed prophecies and doctrinal flip flops all the way through, recent ones have caused a lot of internal conflict.

Cognitive dissonance ftw!

But she will touch you then? Hhmmmmm?

Not until you're married, unless your chaperone isn't looking and she's faking her interest in the JDubs too.

(Yes, I said chaperone)

(No, I'm not kidding)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You should invite her in for a chat and a cup of tea. Make sure you're just wearing a dressing gown and no boxers. Sit facing her with your legs open and act like normal. Then come back here and tell us what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

As an ex JW, all I can tell you is to stay away. As far away as you possibly can.

My spider senses are tingling, there's a story in this, do tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Admiral Akbar: It's a HONEY trap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Witnesses believe there are two destinations for those saved by God. They say the number of Christians going to heaven is limited to exactly 144,000, who will rule with Jesus as kings and priests over earth

Their heaven bus is filling up quick so I would sign up soon.
    You don't want to get stung with the earthly paradise

kowloon wrote: »
    My spider senses are tingling, there's a story in this, do tell...

Actually I had quite a good childhood, and didn't suffer much because of my parents who were fairly moderate. There are loads of people who have suffered family breakdown with some awful consequences.

People (and parents) around the world who refused blood transfusions, organ transplants (old days) and died (or their children died). Children discouraged from going to University, full-time job offers ignored so they could preach full-time. Malawians butchered for refusing to carry a political card (ordered to refuse to) while Mexican witnesses were allowed to bribe officials to rubber stamp false claims of having served in the military so as to escape prison. There were thousands of witnesses imprisoned for refusing military service and alternative service too.

The old farts in Brooklyn eventually changed it and blamed anyone who resented their senility for not waiting on Jehovah to sort it out. Always the same.

Hey OP, you want to see the real stories? Try any of these:

www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com
    www.jehovahs-witness.net
    www.silentlambs.org
    www.freeminds.org

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Had a couple of them call around to me around a year ago, two old dudes. I was polite to them only because one of the old guys hands were twisted with arthritis....then he farted. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

It must be awful awkward when the Jehovah's witnesses call to the Mormon's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

TheZohan wrote: »
    I was polite to them only because one of the old guys hands were twisted with arthritis....then he farted. :mad:

Did he ask you to pull his finger? :pac:

/coats already on.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    It must be awful awkward when the Jehovah's witnesses call to the Mormon's house.

Both parties probably wet themselves as they read each other's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Cheers Caesar. Glad to hear you didn't have a bad childhood because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Both parties probably wet themselves as they read each other's stuff.

It would be like some sort of Bible dance-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

the same story here, regular callers.

I alternate between I am not interested and, oh yea call in and say the rosary with me and then we will discuss your beliefs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I got an advent calendar off the Jehovahs Witnesses.

I opened the little door and there were two more of the f*ckers behind it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Saw two of them tramping around in north Belfast yesterday. They must have really pissed jehovah off to be assigned that beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

kowloon wrote: »
    Cheers Caesar. Glad to hear you didn't have a bad childhood because of it.

My father did, his parents were evil. He turned to drink and drugs because of the 'ROD OF DISCIPLINE' he left the religion but returned to it when we were kids. We had it bad but nowhere as bad as he did.

I hate his parents and his one sibling (his as evil as his parents). My one brother remained a jehovah's witness, my other brother and i left.

I know a load of jehovah's witnesses and you cant paint them all with the same brush. I have a respect for many of them that i know, others mainly my dads family i HATE THEM, they a bunch of liars and hypocrites and deceiving monsters. But if there religion is too believed then they will get whats coming to them.

I wouldn't like to say anything against the religion as my motto is 'each to their own'. As long as someone is a good person i could not care what religion they are.

* funny thing is im now 30, i left 15 years ago but i still believe most of what was taught, or to say i believe it more than any other religion i have encountered.

Advertisement