Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thromboses Hemorrhoids (piles) help!!

Options
  • 17-12-2010 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hey guys,

I’m looking for some advice; I went to the doctor yesterday evening to discover I have thromboses haemorrhoids (piles)

To anyone who is not familiar with the term, it is little lumps inside and and outside your bum. Little sac like things filled with blood. The pain is excruciating. So i went to the doctor this morning to have them drained. I wasn’t looking at him doing it as i had my eyes closed throughout the whole procedure under local anaesthetic, but he informed me that he made 2 little incisions and he drained them and that i was to have a bath in both morning and evening time to help drain the bits he couldn’t get at.

I’m home from the doctors surgery about 4 hours and i am in alot more pain than before! The little haemorrhoid on the outside of my bum looks alot bigger and is very sore even to touch.

Has anyone being through this before and any tips about how to ease the constant throbbing pain? I’m finding it very uncomfortable to walk, sit even get up from the couch!:(

How long did your recovery process take and did you do anything that you found helped or speeded up recovery?

I am not seeking medical advice as i have already done so, i am looking for people to share their experience if they have been through it before. The doctor said it was very common.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

get yourself a pillow with the inside circle cut out, i think they might even be called haemorrhoid pillows.

A la this:

Anti-Hemorrhoids-Seat-Cushion-NMS022c-.jpg

Or you could buy a childs paddling inflatable ring.

It'll help you sit but not put any pressure on the scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

This may sound strange, but if they are not too sore, try to push them back inside. It sounds like they are 'strangulated' by the muscles as they are outside of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

This is not a topic specifically pertinent to the Ladies Lounge - your GP should be able to advise you on how best to deal with things post-operatively.

All the best

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement