Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you stop it ?

Options
  • 17-12-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

Serious question,
    If a relative was threatening to shoot a person who sexualy abused him many years ago and the man has been convicted but not sent to prison, would you try and stop it and if so by what means.ps this person is well capable of shooting this man & it is no idle threat.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Probably.

He'll end up going to jail for that. Not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Yup.
    No point in them ruining their life for something some sicko did years ago.
    But if someone did it to a person in my family and got away with it, id kill them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Way too serious for Ah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Fittle wrote: »
    Way too serious for Ah.

sorry but i did not no where else to post it,maybe it can be moved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

pop a cap holmes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

realies wrote: »
    Serious question,
    If a relative was threatening to shoot a person who sexualy abused him many years ago and the man has been convicted but not sent to prison, would you try and stop it and if so by what means.ps this person is well capable of shooting this man & it is no idle threat.:(

Bandanas, transit van and a drive to the country where a nice chat and beating would occur, he'd be living in fear forever.

If i was the abused one i dont know who would be able to stop me.

P.s. OP, Why not get of Boards and go out and stop it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Yes, there is no reason for your relative to f**k up his/her life even more over what some a**hole did to him/her. If it were my family I'd try and get them involved and try to get the relative to get mental help.

Guill wrote: »
    Bandanas, transit van and a drive to the country where a nice chat and beating would occur, he'd be living in fear forever.

If i was the abused one i dont know who would be able to stop me.

P.s. OP, Why not get of Boards and go out and stop it?

Just putting it out here

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'd video it and stick it on you tube, get 100 million hits and become an internet god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Well if he/ she has a gun then maybe you should take it off them for starters.
    And have a chat with a family member/ Guard. No point in your friend messing up his/ her life anymore than it already is.

• Advertisement

Gnasher wrote: »
    Yes, there is no reason for your relative to f**k up his/her life even more over what some a**hole did to him/her. If it were my family I'd try and get them involved and try to get the relative to get mental help.

He is going to councillors & the guards have been fantastic,but he feels very frustrated and very very angry,he doesn't believe justice has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

BOOM! Headshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

definitely try and stop them, its way too serious if they go through with it, it cant be undone. try and convince them a good beating will suffice though if i were abused i wouldnt think it would.

thread should be moved or closed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

I dont know, i wouldnt want my relative to go to jail. I would definitely provide him with an alibi should he want one. But I can tell you this, if someone abused my daughter. I would take all my savings buy a gun and shoot him/her without a shadow of a doubt. In this country if convicted the abuser would never serve life and I couldnt accept that. So i seriously would murder them. I would not care about going to jail either that or have plane tickets ready and just go.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ginger Nut

would cut off his goolies and tatoo them to his forehead - thats only for starters!!

Would be in his face for the remainder of his life and would let the world and its mothers know what a sick ba*t*ard he was - including those who still stand by him arrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

He is going to councillors & the guards have been fantastic,but he feels very frustrated and very very angry,he doesn't believe justice has been done.

Edited because the rage got the better of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

You shouldn't have touched those kids OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

I Didnt realise this was a real post either. Even though i stand by what I said. Just dont be asking this on here. Its dangerous. Your friend is in alot of pain and this issue is way to serious to be on here, Can you gather some trusted family members together tonight and discuss this , its too much for you to deal with on your own too

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Tis the season for a crucifiction, tr la la la la, la la la la!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

deuceswild wrote: »
    Tis the season for a crucifiction, tr la la la la, la la la la!

Nope, that's not til April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Shooting him is letting him off lightly.

Tie him to the back a car and visit as many counties in one day as possible.

Surely that'll be some sort of Guinness World Record too.

It's sickening and I don't know what I wouldn't do if I were in his situation and I feel absolutely no pity for the a**hole regardless of what your relative does.

But if he is actually serious about this he is a danger to himself.

It's sickening and I don't know what I wouldn't do if I were in his situation and I feel absolutely no pity for the a**hole regardless of what your relative does.

But if he is actually serious about this he is a danger to himself.

No he is not a danger to himself, but he has had major anger/aggression attitudes all his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

FatherLen wrote: »
    thread should be moved or closed.
    Surprise surprise, someone comes here to discuss some child abuser and the poster "father len" wants to stifle the discussion

the cover up continues....

*sneaks off quietly*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

would stop him killing him but would then advise/help castrate and paralise him for life. Death is to good for some people

No he is not a danger to himself, but he has had major anger/aggression attitudes all his life.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I mean to say that if he follows through he will have to face the consequences of his actions, unfair as that is, and that on the balance of things he is hurting himself.

I imagine its difficult because on one hand I know if somebody did something like that to somebody I care about, I wouldn't be able to keep a level head and I'd end up doing something I'd regret in the long run. So perhaps its hypocritical for me to tell you to try and stop him when I think in your shoes I'd be egging him on. Its just from an outside view, in the end he will be making his own life worse; and that's your main concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

FatherLen wrote: »
    pop a cap holmes
    The term is "homes". You're wack yo.

• Advertisement

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I mean to say that if he follows through he will have to face the consequences of his actions, unfair as that is, and that on the balance of things he is hurting himself.

I imagine its difficult because on one hand I know if somebody did something like that to somebody I care about, I wouldn't be able to keep a level head and I'd end up doing something I'd regret in the long run. So perhaps its hypocritical for me to tell you to try and stop him when I think in your shoes I'd be egging him on. Its just from an outside view, in the end he will be making his own life worse; and that's your main concern.

Yes that is all our concerns,we are talking to him and trying to show how far he has come in even bringing the charges in the first place,that took some courage and it effected lots of people,but now with the justice department finished after doing its best, to him it doesn't seem enough,.....Thanks

Advertisement