Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which days are bank hilodays over dec?

Options
  • 16-12-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

Seeing as 25/26th are a sat and a sun are mon/tue going to be bank holidays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

3rd January.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Yes and also the 3rd of January I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bank holidays, yes. Public holidays, no.

However 99% of businesses and services will consider the 27th & 28th to be public holidays. Christmas is the best when it falls between Thursday and Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday Xmasses suck.

Christmas day and St. Stephen's day are the Bank Holidays. If you don't work Saturday and Sundays normally then you have be given back the days at some point, most companies just give them back the following Monday & Tuesday but they don't have to do it that way as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭✭28064212

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Technically, no. The public holidays are on the 25th and 26th, regardless of the days.

However, when public holidays fall on a weekend, you are entitled to one of:
    1. A paid day off within a month of the public holiday
    2. An additional day of annual leave
    3. An additional day's pay
    4. The nearest church holiday to the public holiday as a paid day off

The vast majority of employers give the following working day(s) off

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Did this need a thread? cant it be googled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

It's going to be a very short Xmas this year with pubs being closed on Saturday and New Years Eve falling on the Sat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

M.J.M.C wrote: »

i don't rely on Google for everything.

Did that really need to be posted? Can't it be left alone so someone can give a proper answer?

• Advertisement

TheZohan wrote: »
    It's going to be a very short Xmas this year with pubs being closed on Saturday and New Years Eve falling on the Sat.

New years eve is on the Friday!

I won't see a pub between Saturday coming and well into January so Christmas will be just the same as always for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

i don't rely on Google for everything.

F**k me you should - Google got me through 4 years of college :D

First link there on google, job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Did that really need to be posted? Can't it be left alone so someone can give a proper answer?

Yes but did this really need to be asked?

:pac:

Cheers for the responses just wanted to check and see if it was going to be worth while opening the shop the following mon/tue.
    Can lock the thread so nobody gets their knickers in a twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

TheZohan wrote: »
    It's going to be a very short Xmas this year .

i think its the same length as last year :pac:

yes i know.... don't mess with TheZohan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

No, public holidays don't work like that. If they fall on a weekend, that's it. They don't rollover. However, you are still entitled to a either a day's pay, an extra day of paid leave, a paid day off somewhere in the same month as the public holiday or the nearest religious day as a paid day off. Your employer gets to decide which, and must be able to tell you which will apply (if you ask) three weeks in advance.

For all this kind of information, the government's Citizen's Information service is surprising helpful.

This is what im thinking,isnt this forum here so as people can talk to one another.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Did the knickers really need to be twisted though ?

ebbsy wrote: »
    Did the knickers really need to be twisted though ?

Kind of,there wasn't much moisture left in them

Yes but did this really need to be asked?

:pac:

I'm trying to decide whether this needs to be challenged.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

i think its the same length as last year :pac:

No it's much colder this year... that affects things...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Depends if you are asking of Bank or Public Holiday.

Christmas is 2 Pubic Holday's (Mon/Tues) but Wednesday 29th is a Bank Holiday (Banks are closed) as well, but it is not a Public Holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Cheers for the responses just wanted to check and see if it was going to be worth while opening the shop the following mon/tue.
    Can lock the thread so nobody gets their knickers in a twist.

TBH if you own a shop you should know when all the bank holidays are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Post a thread with a poll to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Depends if you are asking of Bank or Public Holiday.

Christmas is 2 Pubic Holday's (Mon/Tues) but Wednesday 29th is a Bank Holiday (Banks are closed) as well, but it is not a Public Holiday.

Monday the 27th and Tuesday the 28th aren't public holidays. Public holidays don't get pushed forward like that when they fall on a weekend.

Advertisement