Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin for the rest of us

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is good and bad all over dublin, east, west, north and south. its not where you live its how you live

i know lovely people who have a house like a mansion in belcamp and a bloke who has a house like a rubbish tip in blackrock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Gerry.L wrote: »
    You trying to be funny... are you trying to be funny dickhead :mad:

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Yea, what they do is that they fit the stereo in a 15 yr old honda civic, load the car with a few hundred lads and drive around with it blaring so that the remaining few not in the car can also enjoy the benefit of the techno music

Heh, sounds like the entire country to me. Nothing says "Supreme Racer" like the destroyed Renault Clio I saw last night with it's battered engine, busted exhaust that makes it sound like a washing machine choking on cavity blocks, Xmas lights around the license plate and under the arches, and Scooter blaring out on the busted amp while it looks like it had 312 people stuffed into the little metal tin.

The car actually looked like a raisin with wheels.

I could tell right away: "One day, that young man is going to grow up and bring Ireland home the gold in rallying"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Sykk wrote: »
    What about the "Howyeeeeee luff" skanger in the lovely country town who rides all the neighbors husbands... All the skanger babies that follow hardly make each place distinguishable to be honest.

I'm home once every 2 months and it's more like Dublin every time.. There's more Dubs living outside Dublin nowadays, houses are cheaper. The places are nicer.

I aint being biased, it's simple fact IMO. Though I've been up here for a good few years and love it, can't ever imagine going back to such rural shizzle.

Seems the Dole money gets you more bang for your buck outside the pale. Of course what constitutes 'nice' is highly subjective, isolation and not being in the main centre of almost everything sounds like my idea of hell regardless of the vista.

Tallaght and Rialto are on the southside, Howth and Clontarf the northside. Just though I'd point out the fact that using the river to divide people is retarded. It's the % of council homes that should be used

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    Of course what constitutes 'nice' is highly subjective, isolation and not being in the main centre of almost everything sounds like my idea of hell regardless of the vista.

Tallaght and Rialto are on the southside, Howth and Clontarf the northside. Just though I'd point out the fact that using the river to divide people is retarded. It's the % of council homes that should be used
    I never mentioned anything about North/Southside!

Seems the Dole money gets you more bang for your buck outside the pale.
    I don't understand this. Explain please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

This thread is the usual nonsense. There are good and bad Dubs and we are just the same as everyone else in the country...

except we don't marry our sisters.

sure they eat their young in kerry

Sykk wrote: »
    I never mentioned anything about North/Southside!

Oh sorry the first part was a response to you the other was a general addition to the thread

I don't understand this. Explain please?

Lower cost of living in more scenic and unspoiled areas due to lack of proximity to Dublin.

I know a fair few people who are living in Munster and other parts of Leinster because their dole,single mothers and RA get's them and their sprogs a nicer house.

Jahsus I'm on an anti-welfare kick today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

The Master wrote: »
    Banned
    Close !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

The postal codes on the northside are odd numbers.
    Those on the southside are even numbers.
    You will usually hear those in the odd number category called scumbags - and it usually comes from those in the even numbers category:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Im not one for sweeping generalisations, but..

1 - North Inner City - Knackers
    2 - South Inner City - Shopping and some knackers
    3 - Mixture of Posh and knackers
    4 - Mostly stuck up posh people, some knackers
    5 - Knackers
    6 - Students & Posh People
    7 - Knackers in court, People in Negative equity in apartments
    8 - Flats
    9 - Hospital and Knackers
    10 - Mary Byrne & Extended Family
    11 - Knackers & Riots
    12 - Furniture Shops, Industrial Estates & Knackers
    13 - Fish & Chip shops, Rich people, Knackers
    14 - Would like to be Dublin 4, Land Rover Country
    15 - Shopping Centre & Industrial Estates
    16 - Would also like to be Dublin 4, Sante Fé Country
    17 - Tesco & Knackers
    18 - Everyone from here says they're from Foxrock. Posh & Wannabe Posh. Negative equity/Sports car Land
    20 - Motorway Junction with Knackers
    22 - Southside version of Dublin 15
    24 - Knackers

Spot on.

Of course D1 has shopping as well AFAIK :)

Danbo! wrote: »

5 - Knackers
    8 - Flats
    11 - Knackers & Riots
    17 - Tesco & Knackers
    18 - Everyone from here says they're from Foxrock. Posh & Wannabe Posh. Negative equity/Sports car Land
    24 - Knackers

raheny is dublin 5. its a lovely place and certainly doesnt have 'knackers'

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Qwert1

sure they eat their young in kerry
    Hey!! In our defence, it's only when we're hungry.

Raheny has plenty of Knackers, everywhere does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Qwert1 wrote: »
    Hey!! In our defence, it's only when we're hungry.

It's lucky ye do, the overpopulation would be serious otherwise. It could get to the stage that you'd have too many people cramped into the one area creating a spell of social problems such as crime, drug use inbreeding etc. God it would be like Dublin or something.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

If you were a postman in Dublin, which area would you not like to get postcode wise . Dublin 8 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Danbo! wrote: »

5 - Knackers
    8 - Flats
    11 - Knackers & Riots
    17 - Tesco & Knackers
    24 - Knackers

Close, but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Dont understand the whole north/south thing. South Dublin has some of the biggest kips in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

msg11 wrote: »
    If you were a postman in Dublin, which area would you not like to get postcode wise . Dublin 8 ?

The only nice part of D8 is on the northside.

Ironic eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

I've heard that everyone from Dublin are pricks.

maybe you heard that everyone IN Dublin is a prick - most of them are bog warriors

optogirl wrote: »
    maybe you heard that everyone IN Dublin is a prick - most of them are bog warriors

no thats rathmines your talking about

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The only nice part of D8 is on the northside.

Ironic eh? :)

There's no D8 on the Northside.

Southside is even numbers

Northside is uneven numbers

BTW Raheny is full of ****ebags up around the Killbarack shopping centre area.

The sea front is a safe place not much trouble there. The Malahide road is alright up till the UCI . Then again after the Hillton it is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

rossie1977 wrote: »

Only about 50% of that is true :pac:

D12 FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

The sea front is a safe place not much trouble there. The Malahide road is alright up till the UCI . Then again after the Hillton it is ok.

Incorrect, check the presidents address, she lives on the northside in the park but the address is dublin 8 as is islandbridge and round there.

the pheonix park is dublin 8

the kilbarrack shopping centre is in eh, kilbarrack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just from being on here Im always seeing people saying stuff like 'ahh sure what you would you expect from that fella hes from D1' or 'she thinks shes a big shot cos shes from D2' or 'I cant stand anyone from the D3 area myself' or 'I hear the people in D4 dont have showers in the house and have they wash themselves in the trough outside next to the pig" and it just goes on....

So for all us non dubs who havent a clue... does anyone fancy breaking it all down.. :confused:
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Just from being on here Im always seeing people saying stuff like 'ahh sure what you would you expect from that fella hes from D1' or 'she thinks shes a big shot cos shes from D2' or 'I cant stand anyone from the D3 area myself' or 'I hear the people in D4 dont have showers in the house and have they wash themselves in the trough outside next to the pig" and it just goes on....

i have never in my life heard anyone ever say that

• Advertisement

the pheonix park is dublin 8

the kilbarrack shopping centre is in eh, kilbarrack

Yeah it is ehhh in Kilbarrack but people from pheking Kilbarrack have an issue thinking they live in Raheny . Hense there are scummers up that way.

Didn't know that about the phoenix park. In my defense , that the only area on the Northside then that's even numbered. Or is it ?

Advertisement