Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The case for a Fantasy Football sub-forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

No
    The Fantasy Football thread has 4 times as many posts and views as the Madden thread, to compare them is a bit wide of the mark. The Madden thread only caters for one small league, while the Fantasy Football thread has to cater for the 4 Division Boards system as well as a minimum of 5 other affiliated leagues.

Who said anything about only having two threads? There would be information threads, a thread for each division, threads for mock drafts, ranking threads, rules discussion, whatever people come up with which at the moment is stuck in one thread by itself and very hard to navigate.

People also have no problem separating their discussion of fantasy football and games they are watching. It happens every week here where the same people are able to post in the current gameweek thread as well as the FF thread so that wouldn't be a problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

No
    Don't do FF but totally all for this. Anything that helps the forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Having just looked through the first two pages of the forum I really don't see any need for it. Its not like we are so busy in the forum that its needed.

If you go onto the second page there are threads where the last post made in them was at the beginning of the month. And even some of those threads could be in 'Weird and Wacky' thread.

Its not like its going to take over the main forum to such an extent that the good threads will not be on the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

No
    The way i see it, all a sub-forum is going to really provide is a more tidy and easily accessible fantasy football section. it can get a bit disorganised with everything relating to fantasy football being in the one thread. as Tom has said theres the possibility for branching out into many different threads in the sub forum eg one for each division, one for talking about games as they occur (mostly done in weekly game thread but some does spill into FF), outside FF leagues, mock drafts, general FF discussion.

there probably isnt an overwhelming need for a specific FF sub-forum, but in the interest of tidyness and the ability to navigate through the threads, i really think a sub-forum could be a good idea. and even if we do end up getting less traffic is it such a bad thing? at least then we'll know who the people serious about fantasy football on Boards are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

No
    Yes. BUT I completely disagree that there should be the potential to receive infractions/bans in AF forum for FF happenings.

• Advertisement

Tristram wrote: »
    Yes. BUT I completely disagree that there should be the potential to receive infractions/bans in AF forum for FF happenings.
    Huh?

Why on earth should abuse/trolling/baiting be allowed anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

No
    I know zero about FF and realy, I've never read that thread at the top.

But I'll give it a go next year for sure and this sub forum will be easier to read and helpful for beginners like me

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Having just looked through the first two pages of the forum I really don't see any need for it. Its not like we are so busy in the forum that its needed.

If you go onto the second page there are threads where the last post made in them was at the beginning of the month. And even some of those threads could be in 'Weird and Wacky' thread.

Its not like its going to take over the main forum to such an extent that the good threads will not be on the main page.

If there is no subforum there are two options -

1) A single thread that is mind numbing to sift through.

and

2) Individual threads that are mixed in with all the standard forum threads which will be mind numbing to search for.

IMO you're just saying no to be difficult and argumentative as your reasons for opposing it are flimsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

No
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Huh?

Why on earth should abuse/trolling/baiting be allowed anywhere?

It shouldn't.

Users sign up for the terms and conditions of boards.ie. Only their actions on boards.ie should affect their usership of boards.ie.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If there is no subforum there are two options -

1) A single thread that is mind numbing to sift through.

and

2) Individual threads that are mixed in with all the standard forum threads which will be mind numbing to search for.

IMO you're just saying no to be difficult and argumentative as your reasons for opposing it are flimsy.

Well firstly I have 40 post per page so its not that hard to sift through a thread. There is also a search feature which allows you to find posts with certain words in it. Its not that hard.

Individual threads wouldn't be that bad either. There are not going to be that many. You can have one for each division of the boards league and then one for all other fantasy leagues. There will also be polls from time to time I'm sure but really there should not be anymore than 4 FF threads on the main page at anytime.

Looking at the main page as I type this there are six threads at the bottom of the first page which are pretty much dead. So I don't see the FF threads being a problem.

As for your suggestion that I'm only doing this to be awkward. Well I'm disappointed you have that opinion of me. I just want whats best for the forum as has always been the case.

And in all fairness you seen what happened with the Go Ahead Eagles thing when it was put in a sub-forum. It died a death. I just don't want that to happen to the FF here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement