Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenes in Animated Films that Scare the Crap out of You

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

This is pretty awesome/unsettling. I've thought about looking up the rest of this film, but I understand that's the only bit like that in it, so I might prefer it in isolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

dagdha wrote: »
    Wurzel Gummidge freaked me out.

I remember seeing it when I was really young and it did'nt bother but then I seen it again a few years later and it creeped me out big time. Just the state of Wurzel in general and then changing his heads and Aunt Sally aswell..... Shudder.
    Wurzel Gummidge used to freak me out big time as a kid. There was always something sinister about that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

The Real Ghostbusters cartoons could be quite freaky

One where they're in a hospital and covered in some slime and ears eyes mouths start growing out of their chest.

Another one where Peter was posessed and trying to kill the others,

Very dark kids show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjgHbRrnjhU

The Sandman, a british animation from 1992. Fantastic stuff a creep fairytale.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

KungPao wrote: »
    When I first saw this movie as a kid, I was a little freaked out.

I immediately thought of that one.

Very moving film as the movie moves to its end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭dream brother

Christopher Lloyd in who framed roger rabbit scared the crap outta me when I was young...

wfrr08641.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm glad i saw watership down as a kid, if I was older when I saw it it wouldn't have been as deep an experience. It is what came to mind when I saw this thread title however, it was the scene with the bloody field that came to mind. Something about that was powerful to me as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Darby O'Gill and the Little People still gives me the creeps, "highlights" being the Bean Sí and the carriage at the end. Again, it got a U cert? Scary stuff.

Christopher Lloyd in who framed roger rabbit scared the crap outta me when I was young...

wfrr08641.jpg

I think now I'm older only now am I really appreciating bits of it.

For instance, the villain speech has to be the best one out there (WARNING! HUUGE SPOILER! Kinda think he looks like that developer Carroll in this scene.

From this bit until
    Judge doom gets dipped
    it gave me the heeby jeebies.
    ESPECIALLY the Doom Melting. I didn't get the concept of the toon inside the rubber suit so I was all f*cked up over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, Watership Down and the end of Roger Rabbit are both quite scary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The original LOTR animated film, that was taken for the recent films. The scene with the Ringwraith in the woods. Starts around 5.15

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Return to Oz - scared the crap out of me. It's so messed up. I think at the start they lock Dorothy up and tell her she imagined Oz. Yer one with all the heads as well. Horrible horrible childrens movie.

The Last Unicorn always made me really teary.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 red_eskimo

Professor Screweyes in We're back! A Dinosaur's story used to freak me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

Not an animated movie I know but this gave me the sh1ts, I did'nt sleep for weeks after this. Some kids movie and what even worse I was about 13 at the time(big baby)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

The pink elephants thing on Dumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Martgueritaville by South Park. Hit the economic crisis dead on, you could hold a mirror up to Kyle at the end and what the imf are doing to us.

Only saw watership down last year but still thought it was fairly fúcked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Watership Down.
    Why was i shown that film in school when I was only 6 years old I'll never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

"Come along, Kiddie-Winkies !"

childcatcher-431x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

allanb49 wrote: »

One where they're in a hospital and covered in some slime and ears eyes mouths start growing out of their chest.

Very dark kids show

Yesss! I love that episode, that series dealt with stuff way over kids heads, I love the one where they play a baseball game to decide the fate of the world, or the one where they wind up inside the containment unit dealing with all the ghosts they've captured previously. Theres even a Citizen Kane themed episode.

I know what I'm doing this weekend, finding old ghostbusters episodes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

1) watership down
    2) the neverending story (the bit with the wolf in th bushes)
    3) "the count" in sesame street...maybe it was the thunder n lightning in the backround? lol or just cause i was only about 5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Okay, serious WTF-ness at Watership Down, I saw the TV show of that as a kid, wasn't anywhere near like that movie :eek:

Black Cauldron was pretty scary too, but in a good way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone remember the Animals of Farthing Wood. There was always an animal that would be run over or shot by a farmer or something. Seemed like a depressing cartoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come in Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carol is one scary dude...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

The stylized intro to Watership Down was bad enough, but yeah, I saw the whole thing as a kid and I never forgot it. Powerful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

keano_afc wrote: »
    Darby O'Gill and the Little People still gives me the creeps, "highlights" being the Bean Sí and the carriage at the end. Again, it got a U cert? Scary stuff.

I LOVE that film. Do you know if there is anywhere in Dublin I might be able to get that on dvd. I don't want to mail order it as our post has been very slow lately.

Remember "are you afraid of the dark" - brilliant and lots of frights. I bet if I watched it now though it's be terrible,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,781 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The forest scene in Snow White :eek:

EDIT: Also, wasn't there a scene in Aladdin when the guards captured him, tied him up, died a boulder to his legs and threw him into the sea?
    I remember being a bit freaked out by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

allanb49 wrote: »

Very dark kids show

Did anybody ever see Extreme Ghostbusters, the totally-radical-Poochy-Xtreme! sequel series in the 90's?

It was a funny one, I don't think that many people saw it, it was considerably more disturbing than the original Ghostbusters series at times. Definite Clive Barker influence on some of the monsters, which you never expect to be able to say about a kids cartoon.

Seems a bit tame now, but the villains in this definitely left a bit of an impression on me when I saw it first:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

The pooka and the banshee in Darby O'Gill and the Little People. Also the film Jack the Giant Killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The shark scene in Pinochio.

Also, this isn't an animated movie but... The original Charlie and the chocolate factory scared the crap out of me. Pretty much the whole movie. Especially the scene with the child molestor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The last scene in Fantasia. I used to always stop the video when it got to this part :o

Advertisement