Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 free itune each day for 12days from Dec 26th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

there probably will be a few apps thrown in too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

You need to download their '12 Days of Christmas App'.

/looks regrettably at Android

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Yep. Last year there was a live Robbie Williams track, one by Shakira, one by Foo Fighters (Wheels, I think), the apps were a golf game, Trivial Pursuit and a few other bits and bobs. Something for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Thanks, some good apps last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

are you sure this is legit? I signed up to their mailing list and the email address it came from doesn't look right,

mailto:12days@iTunes.chtah.com

plus there doesn't seem to be anything about it on the itunes site....am just a little wary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Even a free movie last year ( although it was lesbian vampire killers ) but still free :pac: ... You need a UK account IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Last year I got Labyrinth free for the iPhone which was worth 4 euro and I got a few songs. I would suggest making a UK and US account as they got free films and a lot better deals than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Ricky91t wrote: »
    You need a UK account IIRC

Address is a .ie so should be ok this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

xalot wrote: »
    plus there doesn't seem to be anything about it on the itunes site....am just a little wary.

It's in the app store - top left of new & noteworthy section and the developer is Apple Inc - iTunes

Don't think it could possibly be any more legit!:p

Cheers OP... Kind of sucks that I'll be away from wifi access for most of that time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

best thing to do if you have one is download the app on the iphone or ipod touch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

You didn't need the App last year, you could just check the website everyday. We might get a Movie this year seeing as we have the video store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

What if you dont have a credit card. Can you still set up an account somehow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

livdmg wrote: »

Fairly sure you must be able to... Maybe try creating one from within iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

tman wrote: »
    It's in the app store - top left of new & noteworthy section and the developer is Apple Inc - iTunes

Don't think it could possibly be any more legit!:p

Cheers OP... Kind of sucks that I'll be away from wifi access for most of that time...

Fair enough - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭nojunkmaill

How does it work if you have a UK and Irish account?

Can you log in to each account and will you be told what the free download is or do you need the app on your Iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You can certainly can. I just opened a UK account without a card. I used the below instructions. They work for opening itunes accounts in any country.

1. Launch iTunes
    2. Log out of your account
    3. Scroll down the iTunes page and hit the flag on the right
    4. Select your country of interest
    5. Go to the app store and click to buy a random FREE app
    6. iTunes will ask you for your credentials, hit open a new account
    7. Accept the terms
    8. Enter a valid email, pick a password and so on. Hit next
    9. Select “none” as the payment method. Then fill in the form with some random address in the country you picked (Google maps is your friend)

For the US for example, you might want to use Jobs’ home address: 432 Santa Rita Ave*Palo Alto, CA 94301. Phone number:*818-3039483 .

For the UK : 109-125 Knightsbridge ,London ,SW1X 7RJ, United Kingdom - Ph 020 7235 5250

10. Finalize & click the validation link in your email

You cannot register your credit card on UK or US itunes as they require a UK or US card respectively. You can take as many free apps or other free content as you like but if you want to buy something you need to buy itunes vouchers on ebay specifically for the itunes country you're trying to access .

How does it work if you have a UK and Irish account?

Can you log in to each account and will you be told what the free download is or do you need the app on your Iphone?

http://www.itunes12daysofchristmas.co.uk/

Go there, enter your email address and they'll email you a reminder everyday telling you whats on offer. You can download the app and download them via it. If you just use the app for it you'll have to log into the UK account everyday to see what's on offer as far as I know so email alert would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I don't know if this has started early, but if you launch the app now you're offered a free Kylie EP (Aphrodite, Can't Beat the Feeling and Santa Baby).

I know it's free and all, but I still couldn't bring myself to download it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

Great minds & all that

Couldnt download it myself but posted a new thread for it :o

:)Thanks whimsical, got an account. Didnt need to change the country you can give your own address and just leave the postcode part blank. Worked for me anyway.

• Advertisement

Go there, enter your email address and they'll email you a reminder everyday telling you whats on offer. You can download the app and download them via it. If you just use the app for it you'll have to log into the UK account everyday to see what's on offer as far as I know so email alert would be handy.

Thanks Whim.

Can you have the UK and Irish 12 Days App on your Iphone?

I did register on the uk and irish site for the email notifications :) Will I be able to just click a link and be taken to the download on my computers Itunes?

Will the UK downloads show up when I'm logged in to my Irish account?

Thanks Whim.

Can you have the UK and Irish 12 Days App on your Iphone?

I did register on the uk and irish site for the email notifications :) Will I be able to just click a link and be taken to the download on my computers Itunes?

Will the UK downloads show up when I'm logged in to my Irish account?
    From my experience, yes you will be able to have the two Apps on your phone. But you may not be able to use the two Apps simultaneously on your iPhone, as you cannot change to and from the UK and Irish iTunes Store from the iPhone itself. This may have changed in the last few iOS updates as it has been a few months since I've use an iPhone.

No you wont be able to click the links on the email because you'll get an error message in iTunes. You'll have to change to the UK and Irish Store manually.

Yep all downloads show up on the same downloads folder, regardless of which Store they were purchased in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mda

Can anyone advise where to find this "none" option in the payment methods when changing account? Tried UK or US accounts all the time not given such option, only can pick from different types of cards, or direct debit or iTunes vouchers.
    Any ideas how to crack this?

Go to phone apps on iTunes. Pick one of the free apps there. Go to pay for it and alongside the credit cards there should now be an option that says Free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Is this offer also for itunes on laptops? (technology Neandertal )

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mda

Go to phone apps on iTunes. Pick one of the free apps there. Go to pay for it and alongside the credit cards there should now be an option that says Free.

Thanx livdmg, worked perfectly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Can this be used to purchase the Rubber bandits track? Would like to see them trounce those X-Factor eejits, but at same time not paying money for the RB track!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I got an email about this. There's apps, movies, music videos and songs AFAIK.

But you do have to get thier '12 Days Of Christmas' app

Dman001 wrote: »
    From my experience, yes you will be able to have the two Apps on your phone.

i downloaded both apps from my Irish and UK account. Only one App for it shows up in my account though.

I'm guessing that's just how it is.

Is there a way to sign in and out on my Itunes / Iphone account?

I don't see how any other way I would be able to download the Free UK and Free Irish.

• Advertisement

i downloaded both apps from my Irish and UK account. Only one App for it shows up in my account though.

I'm guessing that's just how it is.

Is there a way to sign in and out on my Itunes / Iphone account?

I don't see how any other way I would be able to download the Free UK and Free Irish.
    Hmmm the iPhone must see them as the same App, regardless of the location differences.

The only way that I am aware of to change the iTunes Store on your iPhone is by changing it on iTunes on your computer. Then connect your iPhone and it will "sync" the country to the Store on your iPhone. This is probably how you change to the UK App on your iPhone. As it syncs your location to the iPhone, it probably changes the Store's location along with the Apps location.

Advertisement