Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you ever get the Urge to .........?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

If I'm walking past someone who is tying their shoelaces, it's all I can do to stop myself from kicking them over sideways using the flat of my foot. Very hard to resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

NothingMan wrote: »
    I sometimes get the urge to jump from very great heights. Like if I'm on a 7th floor balcony looking over I'd be thinking I should jump. Not to kill myself, just to jump. It's very scary and probably why I'm scared of heights.

Was getting on an escalator in Newbridge shopping centre when a Father & son were getting on the Dad got on just before his son but the son was having second thoughts so with some trepidation he put his first foot on carefully then panicked as half of him started down the stairs, his Dad didn't notice until he was almost at full splits, luckily I was there and was able to stop chuckling long enough to help him on properly, being the hero that I am. :cool:

I wouldn't get the urge to jump, but I'd often think with heights "oh god what if I fell" and imagining some poor mangled mess on the ground. I actually love heights, but I like there to be a decent size barrier between me and the drop, so there's no chance whatsoever of falling (even when I've hung off Dún Aengus cliffs at 300ft and still not fallen, but there's the human reasoning for ya :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

sure for a good boot cleaning isn't it worth it. wha!

Watch out for the metro headlines tomorrow:

"Man goes into shock while standing on an escalator Witnesses at the scene commented on how clean his boots were"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'd love to kick the shìt out of a chimp.........dunno why, just would love to get in a good scrap with one.

Though the reality would be him tearing strips off me and chewing my face off.............with the final insult being him flinging his own poo at whatever pieces of me are left / uneaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Anyone else here always have to write on dirty cars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I get weird urges like that all the time.

Think my last one was to smack a child across the head. just a random child near me when I was out. No reason.
    I get that all the time. Like punching a random old woman in the face for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yeah i get the urge to push people off escalators the whole time. Am petrified I'll end up in a pile up on an escalator, caused by some twat who stays on it till the last minute:(. Reckon this stems from childhood, when I asked this girl why her legs were mangled and she said she fell on an escalator:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

sdonn wrote: »
    In fairness, most children in shopping centres or anywhere else there's escalators tend to get a bit excited and behave like headless chickens. A good slap would keep them in line. :pac:

While this is true, I didn't actually see this child in a shopping centre and/or near an escalator.
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'd love to kick the shìt out of a chimp.........dunno why, just would love to get in a good scrap with one.

Though the reality would be him tearing strips off me and chewing my face off.............with the final insult being him flinging his own poo at whatever pieces of me are left / uneaten.

There would be no pieces left. hopefully.
    I get that all the time. Like punching a random old woman in the face for no reason.

Ya. Well generally old people are exempt from my random urges but my brain makes up for it with enough other blameless people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Especially if its an old person. I sometimes do the stabbing in back motion if I can't get past them and they won't budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Let's face it, someone as old as an old woman must have done something to deserve a punch.

• Advertisement

When I got seriously bored in my old job, I would place a sticker on the one of the steps on the escalator. When the step came into view, I would try and stare at the sticker until it reached the top. I once spent 20 minutes doing this - it's oddly satisfying.

Has anyone ever had to clean the sides of the escalator? It's a lot of fun - you sit on the steps with a spray bottle and cloth and pretty much ride the escalator, which I also spent half an hour doing another day.

Gee, escalators are so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Weird topic OP. If it's someone I know and I don't like them, it'll probably pop into my head though. :D

When I got seriously bored in my old job, I would place a sticker on the one of the steps on the escalator. When the step came into view, I would try and stare at the sticker until it reached the top. I once spent 20 minutes doing this - it's oddly satisfying.

Has anyone ever had to clean the sides of the escalator? It's a lot of fun - you sit on the steps with a spray bottle and cloth and pretty much ride the escalator, which I also spent half an hour doing another day.

Gee, escalators are so much fun.

what was your job, an escalator maintenance person? sounds quite boring alright

I worked in a cinema. It got exceedingly boring on warm sunny days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Totally but I haven't... just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I must admit I do often get the urge to ram taxi drivers off the road. They're always bullying me into letting them out of bus lanes etc and they're gonna cause me an accident some day!

Also soccer moms on mobile phones while driving their X5's, I very often want to get out, smash the windows, take the phone and stamp on it.

See that's all perfectly understandable, even if someone's just in your way or something, but the urges I get are for no reason at all. hmm my friend says he thinks these things too sometimes, like the same - for no reason at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

we should have a boards meeting in a shopping center.
    mass carnage on the escalators:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Sometimes have the urge to push somebody who's walking very slowly in front of me to the floor , I swear they must have side view mirrors on their heads cos everytime I try overtake they move in front of me again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

WIZE wrote: »
    When on an Escalator did you ever get the urge to push the Stranger infront of you down the steps ?

I do
    I get weird urges like that all the time.

Think my last one was to smack a child across the head. just a random child near me when I was out. No reason.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Yes i do get urges, deep, dark urges :cool:
    NothingMan wrote: »
    I sometimes get the urge to jump from very great heights

All of the above and I have always wanted to sit in a bell tower with a sniper rifle and watch peoples heads explode..........

I used to think these things were not normal but because of this thread I suddenly feel as sane as the next Boardsie. Must go clean the 303.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

People who stand on the left hand side of the escalator :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I always get the urge to knife people. Or kick children in the heaf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

WIZE wrote: »
    we should have a boards meeting in a shopping center.
    mass carnage on the escalators:D

well... don't go to Blanch, they don't have the brushes on their escalators...

...my boots are still dirty.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    People who stand on the left hand side of the escalator :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ah yes, clearly these people have never been to London or such cities where things actually run quite well.
    well... don't go to Blanch, they don't have the brushes on their escalators...

...my boots are still dirty.

damn sons of bitches! :mad:

boneyarsebogman get over there and maintain some brushes on them escalators!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Numb.Muzik

Punch someone going in the opposite direction ... they cant go after you and there taken away the other direction :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Ronin247 wrote: »
    All of the above and I have always wanted to sit in a bell tower with a sniper rifle and watch peoples heads explode..........

change the belltower for the upstairs window and you would be reading my mind . was thinkin about it the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I like walking up the down escalator and walking down the up one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Looking for a quick thrill? Why not head over to the weather forum and report that it's snowing where you are.
    Watch them spin and whirl with exitement.

Ah yes, clearly these people have never been to London or such cities where things actually run quite well.

damn sons of bitches! :mad:

boneyarsebogman get over there and maintain some brushes on them escalators!

Pfft. I got paid to ride escalators, not clean them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Looking for a quick thrill? Why not head over to the weather forum and report that it's snowing where you are.
    Watch them spin and whirl with exitement.

Or hang around the Politics forum for a while and when someone starts a new topic - post 'cool story bro'

Advertisement