Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

reganovich wrote: »
    Enjoyed the Rubber bandits, hilarious that Willie O Dea is on liveline sticking in for them.He's a total opportunist but sure no publicity is bad publicity.

Fascinating that they have such a following among hip dublin southsiders.

Fionn fiachra and caca milis are really into comedy hip hop it seems. Like they have a sixth sense amongst themselves of what's "in"

Dublin at times... strange place, no shortage of pretentious arseholes...

although they may have got it right with their love of the rubber bandits.

your not from Dublin i take it

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Any wonder the country is on its arse..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Poll needs a "meh" option.

Aye, I wouldn't really go out of my way to listen to them, but they're far more enjoyable than any of the tepid pop ****e that dominates the charts these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

rubberbandits winning the argument I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Definitely good, imo.

The hardest I've laughed in 2010 was when they started listing off the 'RA members in this video (3.22):

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

godscop wrote: »
    Any wonder the country is on its arse..

Yea them pesky rubberbandits have flipped this country on it's head.

Well said :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

overall, they're good. very funny live.

not much of a fan of the new version of Horse Outside though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I think that south and west Ireland find it a little bit funnier than the general Dublin area simply because of the sense of humour in it, its very "rural" in their references and I think Dublin people can't really relate so much to it. Your going to have mixed opinions on it, Paddy living in a bungalow down in a field in West Field Farm is going to find it a bit funnier than Maxwell who is living in an apartment in South Dublin and who works in graphic design for Stellar magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

they're off beat, they're having the craic, their backing tunes are reasonably catchy, they've some good witty lines, they've a video with hot chicks and funny looking blokes in it and finally they're probably going to beat xfactor to number 1...

what exactly is there not to like:confused:

Oh I really hope so!!

Does itunes here contribute to the UK chart or Irish chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think they've come across very well. A lot of people dismissed them as the characters they portray on screen but their artistic knowledge is genuine and quite frankly, impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

The guy from rubberbandits "blindboy" destroyed the original caller he's speechless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Willie O'Dea is funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭TonyInch

In my opinion the songs and videos are raw but hilarious. I have met several people who behave this way and live this way of life. I think it’s just the scumbag stereotype not just typical in Limerick but any big city

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The Willie O'Dea song is funnier. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I think that south and west Ireland find it a little bit funnier than the general Dublin area simply because of the sense of humour in it, its very "rural" in their references and I think Dublin people can't really relate so much to it. Your going to have mixed opinions on it, Paddy living in a bungalow down in a field in West Field Farm is going to find it a bit funnier than Maxwell who is living in an apartment in South Dublin and who works in graphic design for Stellar magazine

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Didn't like them at first, thought they were just idiots with bags and no talent.

After actually listening to the humour, it's quite good. Love the digs at the "armchair Ra", the huffers, the puffers and the Subaru stuffers.

Horse outside is catchy and can you honestly say you'd rather XFactoid Matt or Cheryl Gowl as number wan?

Ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

irish-stew wrote: »
    Oh I really hope so!!

Does itunes here contribute to the UK chart or Irish chart?

if you buy it in ireland just ireland afaik. it's take multiple times the amount of tracks sold in ireland to reach xmas no. 1 in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

In fairness anyone who can bring such serious amounts of laughter with all the ****e in the news deserves credit.

They have been around heres and continously evolved from being a couple of lads recording prank calls, to making songs, to getting themselves on national tv - going viral on the internet - and receiving international attention for their comedy sketches/performances.

Their gigs are selling out like hot cakes too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

"I'm an artist but I love money" - What a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Roysh, all those country gombeens outside Dublin have no taste, Fiachra! I mean, loike, CRINGE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I actually haven't heard it yet..
    Nor can I right now cause teh yewtubez are blocked on my work vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

if you buy it in ireland just ireland afaik. it's take multiple times the amount of tracks sold in ireland to reach xmas no. 1 in the UK.

Imagine if they did get the UK No1 as well though.

:D

Need to buy before 18th though I think, Xmas No1 is announced on 19th I believe, the last chart before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

"Derek Davis personally came down from the north and requested we change the lyrics for the radio."

:D:D Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Taxi Drivers

Definately a points victory for the Rubberbandits. Blindboy came out with a few good ones. Derek Davis!

Only for the callers it wouldn't have been as good but they'd want to get a grip on reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Yea them pesky rubberbandits have flipped this country on it's head.

Well said :rolleyes:
    It was meant about joe duffy and willie o dea..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hate the song, dont mind the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Well Goldie Looking Chain managed it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I must just have switched off when the boys were coming on. If they were good they must really have rescued Willie because he was making a fool of himself there at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Need to buy before 18th though I think, Xmas No1 is announced on 19th I believe, the last chart before Christmas.

i read somewhere you have to buy it between the 19th (possibly the 17th) and 23rd...not before, not after.

DO YOU HEAR THAT PEOPLE - BUY HORSE OUTSIDE BETWEEN THE 19TH AND 23RD TO GET IT TO X-MAS NUMBER 1!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

RTE should get someone like Gerry Ryan to sort out this mess. He knows all about entertaining the masses with good clean humour & having a good social standing.

Advertisement