Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber bandits {merge}

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Well what's the story is it the Christmas number one?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

Well what's the story is it the Christmas number one?

No, They're number 2, possibly due to lack of physical sales.
    Lack of cd's on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

okee wrote: »
    No, They're number 2, possibly due to lack of physical sales.
    Lack of cd's on the shelf.

I went into HMV and Golden Discs in Cork yesterday looking for it they hadnt got it but plenty about 500 of Matt Cardle's CD :rolleyes: Is anywhere in Cork or County selling the CD?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I never made it as far as the shop to buy it, drove past couldn't find any parking spaces, head wrecked went home without any Christmas presents for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Is that him in the middle? He looks a lot more normal than I thought he would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Leroy Lita wrote: »

Thank Christ for that, was really worried that we would be able to just enjoy a joke without hounding them for irrelevant information.

Not them by the way, decoys. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Is that him in the middle? He looks a lot more normal than I thought he would.

who's ''him''?

thats Paul Webb on the left, he wears the Willie O'Dea mask.
    Dave Chambers in the middle, his the main man.
    Bob McGlynn on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Thehandviolent

where you getting this info that thats them for definate? did you take the photo and ask their names after you did? or do you kno them and just sayin there names to look cool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭macquarie

I feel sorry for them the way the youtube video was the main source for most people (the 4 million+) and they don't see a cent of revenue from it!

• Advertisement

yip, same. I only realised how much can be made from the views yesterday, when a vid of mine picked up a few views from another source, my adsense account shot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,725 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

zuroph wrote: »
    yip, same. I only realised how much can be made from the views yesterday, when a vid of mine picked up a few views from another source, my adsense account shot up.

Have you a link to said video?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

macquarie wrote: »
    I feel sorry for them the way the youtube video was the main source for most people (the 4 million+) and they don't see a cent of revenue from it!
    It's still good promotion that money can't buy and it's sending people towards their own channel that they are featuring ads on.

Have you a link to said video?

my youtube username is same as here, its the frozen beer magic trick one. Lamw vid from few years ago but got linked at teh end of a ray william Johnson video and picked up a nice few views over two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

omahaid wrote: »

Brilliant hope they make a fortune..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Finally got their cd today :) €3 in Golden Discs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

They better come up with a follow up single fairly lively or they'll be forgotten pretty quickly........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Ali Babba wrote: »
    They better come up with a follow up single fairly lively or they'll be forgotten pretty quickly........
    You do realise they've been around for a few years before the recent explosion, and doing pretty well for themselves as it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ali Babba wrote: »
    take your pick....

• Advertisement

I can't think of a gig that could not be improved by having " Double dropping yokes with Eammon DeVelera as an opener"....what a tune!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Jedward and the FF party have proved you don't need to be intelligent and possess talent to make money,just neck.The Rubberbandits are clever and entertaining and fair play to them.They've got the balls to take risks and satirise.Can only get better

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Big fan of the Rubberbandits until I watched this;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

That is pure pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Went to see them in The Wright Venue on Friday night and they were fantastic. The lyrics are extremely clever and the two lads are hilarious. Bout time Ireland had something interesting music wise as opposed to the feckin Script and Snow Patrol.

I would imagine that was a paid acting job as opposed to intellectual work.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I would imagine that was a paid acting job as opposed to intellectual work.

I take it you've never watched the Republic of Telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'm doubting that they had too much control over that one, just judging by the fact that talentless, smug twit Dermot Whelan is the main character.

of course i have?

• Advertisement

Advertisement