Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games you're looking forward to in 2011!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm just starting to replay Arkham Asylum and it's really whetted my appetite for Arkham City so that's my main hope for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Portal 2
    Mass effect 3
    Dead space 2
    also hoping on any news on next Half Life installment

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im also looking forward to the new dawn of war expansion,its out in march did'nt realise it was out so soon :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

The new elder scrolls, Dead Space 2, and I was looking forward to Resistance 3 until I saw the trailer and its looks boring (may be 2012 also, not too sure)

I currently on a games vacation, doing a masters and have little or no time for game, I predict I will spend my gaming time catching up and finishing games I already have for the later half of 2011.

The elder scrolls is the big one, possibly my only pre-meditated purcahse of 2011 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thinking about this yesterday I couldn't list 1 console game!

Arkham City is pretty much the only console game that I'm considering at the moment. Tried the demo of Dead Space 2 last night and it went from a day 1 purchase to a possible rental

For the PC;
    Dragon Age II
    Dawn of War II Retribution
    Juice Sex: Human Revolution
    The Witcher II
    Elder Scrolls V
    BulletStorm
    Portal 2
    DNF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Okamiden
    Euro release of persona 3 portable
    Elder scrolls V if they can get their act together on the new engine.
    The 3DS if it isn't too ridiculously priced and is widely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Forza 4
    Arkham City - Asylum had me up until 5 in the morning some nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

tman wrote: »
    :eek: whats this all about......i would go and google it but I.T might get onto me about searching juice sex:cool:

:eek: whats this all about......i would go and google it but I.T might get onto me about searching juice sex:cool:

Deus Ex... "Juice Sex" always pops into my head whenever I read the title:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Why are people so upset about a lot of games being sequals... If they are good so be it.

I noticed the list has Madden 12 but dosn't have PES or Fifa which is a bit strange as they are all every year releases, why mention one and not the other 2.

But whatever, I am looking forward to Uncharted 3 (So far away :() and PES will more than likely pick up 1 or 2 others on the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Deus Ex... "Juice Sex" always pops into my head whenever I read the title:p

you have broken my heart as bad as when i played playboy the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Thinking about this yesterday I couldn't list 1 console game!

Arkham City is pretty much the only console game that I'm considering at the moment. Tried the demo of Dead Space 2 last night and it went from a day 1 purchase to a possible rental

For the PC;
    Dragon Age II
    Dawn of War II Retribution
    The Witcher II
    Elder Scrolls V
    BulletStorm
    Portal 2
    DNF

not looking forward to uncharted 3 ? The last guardian ? LA Noira ? Zelda ? Gears of war ? Come on.... some of those have got to be making you excited !

Theres just too many to name tbh, the 2011 calendar is so packed with great looking games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Why are people so upset about a lot of games being sequals... If they are good so be it.

I noticed the list has Madden 12 but dosn't have PES or Fifa which is a bit strange as they are all every year releases, why mention one and not the other 2.

But whatever, I am looking forward to Uncharted 3 (So far away :() and PES will more than likely pick up 1 or 2 others on the way :D

If it's the Kotaku one, it's geared for the US, so FIFA and PES aren't really big releases.

Magill wrote: »
    not looking forward to uncharted 3 ? The last guardian ? LA Noira ? Zelda ? Gears of war ? Come on.... some of those have got to be making you excited !

Uncharted 3 - seems to be a bit of a cookie cutter sequel tbh... I was one of the weirdos who enjoyed the first game more than the second, so this just looks like more of the same. Reckon I'll wait for it to drop in price, or just rent.
    TLG - I guess that's one that I hadn't thought of... Would still like to see some actual gameplay first though! TBH I'm much more excited about finally being able to play through SotC at a decent (hopefully!) framerate
    La Noire - still on the fence on that one, I'll be waiting for a few reviews before I make a decision
    Zelda - as much as I loved Twilight Princess I just can't seem to get excited about this (or any other Wii game out there)
    Gears 3 - Meh... Would much rather see Epic do something new tbh

Most of the games I listed earlier are coming to the consoles as well, so I'm not saying that there's nothing I want to play on a console, just that I'd rather play most of them on the PC (Arkham City being one of the exceptions)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Crysis 2
    Mass Effect 3
    La Noire

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

inFamous 2
    Uncharted 3
    Okamiden
    Arkham City
    Elder Scrolls V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

For me it's going to be Diablo 3!

Having played the first 2 games it was my first of many much loved games
    and with the new game coming out in 3d and new character classes & storyline it's going to be epic!

"Wiki"
    Diablo III is similar in style to its predecessor, Diablo II. The proprietary engine will incorporate Blizzard's custom in-house physics, a change from the original usage of Havok's physics engine,and feature destructible environments with an in-game damage effect. The developers are aiming to make the game run on a wide range of systems, and have stated that DirectX 10 will not be required. Diablo III will use a custom 3D game engine in order to present an overhead view to the player, in a somewhat similar way to the isometric view used in previous games in the series. Enemies will utilize the 3D environment as well, in ways such as crawling up the side of a wall from the depths into the combat area.

that just sounds AWESOME :D

My last really good computer has died though, And im using a ****ty ancient Toshiba laptop for bear use of internet) so before the game comes out I must save up for a Good PC :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

+1 for Diablo 3. How long does it take to achieve perfection?

TBH I'm looking forward to Torchlight II more than Diablo III
    The first one was an absolute gem of a game, and felt like more of a spiritual successor to Diablo than Diablo III has from any of the videos I've seen...

Also - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056120306

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Uncharted 3.

If it is half the game 2 was, it will still be utterly fantastic, but I trust Naughty Dog to improve each aspect of the game and produce another classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Games TM has a good article on the games of 2011, besides all the usual ones like Uncharted 3, Mass effect 3 and all that I'd forgotten Xcom is coming out this year too, looking forward to seeing what that's like, sounds liek it could be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

LBP2 - was hugely into the creation side of the first game but not so sure if I'll invest as much in the sequel.

Mass Effect 2 - Havent played a Bioware game since KOTOR (havent got a 360)

Dead Space 2 - Pre-ordered. Right up the top of my playlist.

Deus Ex 3 - Loved the original, not so much the sequel. Probably wait for reviews

Cursed Crusade - if it's anything like Demon's Souls then count me in

Uncharted 3 - no brainer imo

Catherine - A new Persona-esque game from Atlus. Probably wont see an English release this year but here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Kill zone 3
    Crisis 2
    Mario Kart 3D
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Uncharted 3
    inFAMOUS 2
    Ark ham City

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The Last Story looks pretty interesting and I have high hopes for Skyward Sword, other than that Elder Scrolls V inFamous 2 and Arkham City

Almost forgot, Last Guardian and, Marvel vs Capcom 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

penev10 wrote: »
    LBP2 - was hugely into the creation side of the first game but not so sure if I'll invest as much in the sequel.

Mass Effect 2 - Havent played a Bioware game since KOTOR (havent got a 360)

Dead Space 2 - Pre-ordered. Right up the top of my playlist.

Deus Ex 3 - Loved the original, not so much the sequel. Probably wait for reviews

Cursed Crusade - if it's anything like Demon's Souls then count me in

Uncharted 3 - no brainer imo

Catherine - A new Persona-esque game from Atlus. Probably wont see an English release this year but here's hoping.

You my friend are missing out. They're the sole reason I bought an xbox. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Jade Empire, Neverwinter Nights etc

Advertisement