Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Hated Christmas Songs

Options
  • 15-12-2010 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

I love the holiday season, I do. And I love Christmas music . . . I've been listening to Christmas fm from the other side of the pond! Still, there are some songs that are the worst. For me, I roll my eyes every single time that Christmas Shoes song comes on. It's so cheesy, even before the kids start singing at the end!

So out with it . . . Is there a Christmas song - traditional or recent - that makes you want to stick your fingers in your ears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

Everything except Fairytale of New York, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I don't like the Christmas song Destiny's Child brought out '8 Days of Christmas' it's just not festive for me!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

That awful Chris de Burgh one, A Spaceman Came Travelling. I hate Chris de Burgh at the best of times, but really, what was he thinking?

Although when I was younger I thought he was singing that the Spaceman had travelled for 2000 years to say "Nyah nyah, na na nyah!" to baby Jesus :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I've only realised this year that most christmas songs really get on my nerves. Top of the list has to be "All I want for Christmas is you" (Mariah Carey). It's not an awful song, it's just played to death and Mariah Carey annoys me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

Fishie wrote: »
    That awful Chris de Burgh one, A Spaceman Came Travelling. I hate Chris de Burgh at the best of times, but really, what was he thinking?

Although when I was younger I thought he was singing that the Spaceman had travelled for 2000 years to say "Nyah nyah, na na nyah!" to baby Jesus :confused:

Excellent! I was practically brought up on Chris de Burgh, and had no idea what the hell was going on there. I theorised, based on the Spaceman thing, that God was an alien... Had a very elaborate explanation behind my reasoning, too.

And while we're talking about Chrises that I was unfortunately brough up on, Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas. Just - no.

(The third one though, Christy Moore, I am grateful to my parents for playing incessantly)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bill2673

Wow.....there's a lot of them.

Mistletoe and Wine stands out.

That Slade song always gets on my wick whenever i hear it "so hear it is merry christmas everybody's having fun".....

I always associate that song with pound shops on Moore Street.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

More suited to either the Christmas forum or the Music forum.

Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement