Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got this spam mail....

Options
  • 14-12-2010 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I just got this email and am wondering if any of you have a HD120 GIG that I can send this poor girl...or if anyone would like to give her a ring:D

Hello Dear,
    I am Ms Jennifer Eze. A computer scientist with central bank of Nigeria. I am 26 years old, just started work with C.B.N. I came across your file which was marked X and your fund released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees for certificates but the fund has not been release to you. The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you; instead they let you spend money unnecessarily. I do not intend to work here all the days of my life, I can release this fund to you if you can certify me of my security, and provide way on how I can run away from this Nigeria if I do this, because if I don't run away from this country after I made the transfer, I will be in serious trouble and my life will be in danger.
    Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria; you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian. The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the fund in the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you.
    The HD120 GIG sold for US$240.00. I want to inform you that you will be the one to pay for the HD120 GIG. If you are interested, send me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re-confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake. You can call me on +234-7057925550.
    Regards,
    Ms Jennifer Eze.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

she sounds hot. go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭AntiMatter

Her life's in danger. You can't risk not responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I would but I was thinking if I could just find a HD120 GIG in Dublin, I could post it to her, and save her life?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭pulpfictionost

Looks Legit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'd get back to her right away and tell that she was ripped off and to return the hard drives. She can get a 120GB here for just $40.

Hate when people get ripped off like that, kind of feel sorry for her.

• Advertisement

It scares me that she knows I'm not Nigerian....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I like to reply to those mails. I say "You are an idiot. Sincerely, Anny."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Delete the email and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Delete the email and move on.

It can be a lot of fun to bait these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

It can be a lot of fun to bait these people.

Very true,what should the reply be??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

She's a computer scientist so it must be legit!
    I believe that nigerians are very well known for their honesty;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Her reply should be

"Maybe I should buy 4 in case the first 2 fail????"

Then watch her get excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's only 99% of Nigerians that give the rest a bad name.

I often wonder what happens if you reply to those mails???

Would my computer explode or is she just trying to get my bank details? It was sent to my work address...but Im tempted to reply from a gmail account...:D

Get them all the time...usually her father has been killed though and she just needs to transfer her inheritance of 465zillion USD to my bank account.

This one is quite hi-tech...donchathink;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Wow Eze money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

reply:

tits or gtfo!

I just copped her name...I was pronouncing it in nigerian (coz I'm fluent) like azay or somesuch....
    Now I gettit though...
    One of you lads reply...I'll give u her email address...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hairoil

Poor girl, it would be rude not to reply after her taking the trouble to contact you...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Very true,what should the reply be??

Hmmm she gave us her ASL.

Tits ir gtfo?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

You can always trust a Nigerian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I got this 2 months ago and sent Jennifer the money to get out of there and come live with me. Now I have some Nigerian lad called Kenneth living in the house and he's bringing his family over for Christmas. HELP!!!! (What should I cook for Christmas Day?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Send her a pair of your soiled underwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Fittle wrote: »
    I just got this email and am wondering if any of you have a HD120 GIG that I can send this poor girl...or if anyone would like to give her a ring:D

Hello Dear,
    I am Ms Jennifer Eze. A computer scientist with central bank of Nigeria. I am 26 years old, just started work with C.B.N. I came across your file which was marked X and your fund released disk painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees for certificates but the fund has not been release to you. The most annoying thing is that they cannot tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the fund to you; instead they let you spend money unnecessarily. I do not intend to work here all the days of my life, I can release this fund to you if you can certify me of my security, and provide way on how I can run away from this Nigeria if I do this, because if I don't run away from this country after I made the transfer, I will be in serious trouble and my life will be in danger.
    Please this is like a Mafia setting in Nigeria; you may not understand it because you are not a Nigerian. The only thing I will need to release this fund is a special HARD DISK we call it HD120 GIG. I will buy two of it, recopy your information, destroy the previous one, and punch the fund in the computer to reflect in your bank within 24 banking hours. I will clean up the tracer and destroy your file, after which I will run away from Nigeria to meet with you.
    The HD120 GIG sold for US$240.00. I want to inform you that you will be the one to pay for the HD120 GIG. If you are interested, send me your convenient tell/fax numbers for easy communications and also re-confirm your banking details, so that there won't be any mistake. You can call me on +234-7057925550.
    Regards,
    Ms Jennifer Eze.

everybody chip in okay

Somebody dial the number and see who answers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 hairoil

Just dialed it (work phones are great) and yes, there is a real person on the other end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Shelly23

Our Ref: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/10
    IMMEDIATE CONTRACT PAYMENT.CONTRACT #: MAV/NNPC/FGN/MIN/10
    This is to inform you and the general public that the Central Bank of Nigeria (C.B.N) now has a new face and a new leader. I am the new Executive Governor of C.B.N. Mr. Lamido A. Sanusi. I am here to re-brand C.B.N and correct all the unprofessional and financial irregularities caused by the former governor of C.B.N Prof. Charles C. Soludo.

Breaking News! Prof. Charles C. Soludo has been arrested by the Economic & Financial Crime Commission (E.F.C.C) for destroying the lives of innocent people who called for the release of their contract payment and inheritance beneficiaries. He has scammed not less than 2 million people claiming to release their funds and was requesting for illegal fees such as delivery fee and documentation fees. Shortly after his interrogation with the men of the E.F.C.C, he will be charged to court and the law will take its cause.

As the new appointed Governor of C.B.N, my duties are to ensure that your payment gets to you. I have crosschecked the unattended files sent to my desk and the records of outstanding contractors due for payment, with the federal government of Nigeria shown that you have not received your funds. The amount recorded as your contract payment/ inheritance is $19.5 Million US Dollars and that has been corrected from what other offices told you.

I want you to know that your payment is valid and maintained with us here. I can not vividly explain how this payment was generated or occurred to you, but i was informed before I resumed my humble office in the month of June 2009 to pay the list of beneficiaries whose names are contained in this quarter payment schedule. As instruction from the presidency I cannot argue it coupled with the fact that the computer departments of the central bank was burnt down some months back before I resumed this humble office, and all available information as regards to your details that was dropped by the foreign contractor was omitted or partially missing as well.

I wish to inform you that your payment is being processed and will be released to you as soon as you respond to this letter. Also note that from my record in my file your outstanding contract payment is $19.5 million dollars (Nineteen million Five hundred thousand united states dollars). For your information, I don’t want anything that will dent my image and my mode of releasing your funds is based on the new policy based upon the Standard Banking Acts.

Before I proceed with your payment, I will re-check your information to be sure that I contacted the right person, therefore, forward the below information.

1) Your full name.
    2) Phone, fax and mobile #.
    3) Company name, position and address.
    4) Profession, age and marital status.

As soon as I receive the above information, I will email you the modes of payment and the amount it will cost you to finally get the fund.

Mr.Sanusi Lamido
    New Executive Governor
    Central Bank of Nigeria.
    Direct phone number: +234-7057925550!!!! <<Sanusi kidnapped Jen cos she didnt get her hard drive... tut tut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

I just copped her name...I was pronouncing it in nigerian (coz I'm fluent) like azay or somesuch....
    Now I gettit though...
    One of you lads reply...I'll give u her email address...

Sure, send me on her email address, 2 x HD120 GIG and your bank details and I'll get right on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It scares me that she knows I'm not Nigerian....

Email her back and say you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

i used to look at 419eater.com

reply to her message but ask for a picture of her holding a banner saying

"after hours rulezzzzzz"

or "yore ma"

that will prove shes legit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Email her back and say you are.

They have ways of checking if that's true tho. It usually involves questions along the line of "what colour are most Nigerians?" or "what is the capital of Nigeria?" ('N' will not be accepted as an answer)

Advertisement