Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player/BBC iPlayer/4OD et al

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

So when will we get TV3 player?

Hopefully never. Such a crap list of programmes on that station. Unless you like "Living with a 16 stone testicle", "What happens if you shoot yourself in the head with a nailgun", "Travellers Nuptials - the inside story"....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You can watch the TV3 one through the browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

How do I get the rte player

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Should just appear in the XMB between the game and video sections.

Trying connecting to PSN then turning off and back on.

Just rebooted it and it there now
    I Set up a uk psn account and am watching misfits now , quality is perfect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Is there any trickery involved in setting up a uk account or is it as easy as choosing uk as your location?

Is there any trickery involved in setting up a uk account or is it as easy as choosing uk as your location?

You Need an address I just googled a hotel I stayed in before and used that address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

You can watch the TV3 one through the browser.

I get a message that I require the latest version of flash player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Brian017 wrote: »
    I get a message that I require the latest version of flash player

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Whats the picture quality like on 4od?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Conor108 wrote: »

Pretty good, although I thought RTE was ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Conor108 wrote: »

The 4od quality is surprisingly good. RTE is muck with sound synchro issues.

The 4od quality is surprisingly good. RTE is muck with sound synchro issues.

Yea if you skip forward or pause it at all the sound is ruined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Does anyone know how quick they update 4od on the ps3, I would like to watch Tonights misfits on it as quick as possible?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just noiticed this today,a nice feathure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just noiticed this today,a nice feathure.
    If you haven't read yet, if you make a UK user account then you can also get access to the 4oD player on that too. Which I find much more useful to be honest. Just a shame that we cant access it through the Irish user accounts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If you haven't read yet, if you make a UK user account then you can also get access to the 4oD player on that too. Which I find much more useful to be honest. Just a shame that we cant access it through the Irish user accounts

Yes you can. Enter the correct url on the PS3's internet browser.

Yea 4OD works with an irish account by using the link as posted below by Minstrel, it works very well, although im not sure we have the same number of shows as the usual 4OD??

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    If you want to add 4OD to your browsers bookmarks, the address is http://ps3.channel4.com BBC iPlayer is http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen

BBC iPlayer should allow you to listen to radio shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just set up an English account for 4oD. Pretty nifty. Now to sit back and watch some Misfits. :P

EDIT: ****. Buffering is slow on my internet. Bleh! :/

I saw RTE player in its full "Glory" last night. yes it is terrible. Out of sync, picture quality all rubbish. Must set up the link on the irish account for 4oD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Had a quick look there, RTE is very poor. I was surprised how good 4 OD was, shame about the poor selection of shows to watch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,859 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sorry to bump this thread but Rte video is dreadful, visually ****e and the talking is out of sync

dreadful service

If you skip at all with the RTE player it goes out of sync which is really annoying when you have seen half a show. Picture quality is only ok 4OD is way better but it does seem to lack a lot of the shows the normal 4od has.

Still cant complain for a free service, when you consider the cost involved in getting the awful SKY service for Xbox360.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

where os the tv icon on the xmb? it isnt showing up on my ps3 but the console says it has the latest update installed.

_sparkie_ wrote: »
    where os the tv icon on the xmb? it isnt showing up on my ps3 but the console says it has the latest update installed.

Sign out and turn it off turn it back on and sign in it should pop up.

i have turned my ps3 on and off loads of times over the past week and i still cant seem to find it. where should it be on the xmb?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I went to my account settings and "activated" my system for video, logged out and then I signed into my usual Irish playstation ID, thats when RTE player showed up, and then when I went back into my new UK ID, the UK ones showed up.

Hope that helps

I posted this last month and it worked a charm for me and for others, not sure if its the problem you're having but its definitely worth a try :)

Account settings - "activate system"

i went into 'account management' and it has 'game' and 'video' in there. i activated 'game' but for video it just says 'this service is not avaible in your country. do you think it could be because my HD is full? i have been getting a little message saying there is less then 500mb left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Lads the RTE Player only works on my 'master account', which isn't the main one I actually use.
    It doesn't show in my other user account - Any way of changing this?
    Or even is there a way of swapping master accounts?

Google isn't proving to be much help.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

I used to always access RTE Player through the web browser and going to te.ie. works perfectly for me that way.

Advertisement