Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help getting rid of FF canvassers....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I love how people so easily criticize FF supporters,calling them out as blind old idiots yet at the same time,produce themselves idiotic political knowledge!

Many remind me of those who on facebook insert into their political views box something along the lines of their all greedy **** or what has the government ever done for me(The latter generally on the dole and dont seem to see the irony)).

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

So much for free speech...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Seloth wrote: »
    I love how people so easily criticize FF supporters,calling them out as blind old idiots yet at the same time,produce themselves idiotic political knowledge!

Many remind me of those who on facebook insert into their political views box something along the lines of their all greedy **** or what has the government ever done for me(The latter generally on the dole and dont seem to see the irony)).
    Yes, 'cos we are all the same! :rolleyes:
    Typical FF mentality. Tar all with the same brush and treat like sheep!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

If people really hated FF, Why dont you invite them in, make them tea, talk to them for 15-20 mins

Thats 20 mins less time where they could be persuading someone else to vote FF.

Think about it.

Spike their coffee with cheap vodka , send them on their way and call the police to report a drunken driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Many remind me of those who on facebook insert into their political views box something along the lines of their all greedy **** or what has the government ever done for me(The latter generally on the dole and dont seem to see the irony))

Yes and whose government policies have nearly half a million people out of work?

I'd be happy to test your political knowledge any time you want.

FF Policies-
    Charlie McCreevy - cut cut cut taxes, give property developers tax relief leading to a glut of building and a property bubble.

The government heavily dependent on stamp duty do everything they can to drive the bubble, leading to light touch regulation in the banks, coupled with aggressive lending practices driven on an "anglo" model

Economic commentators who point out the need for slowing measures and greater economic restraint are told to go kill themselves by the leader of Finna Fail.

When the banks crash the government steps in and GIVES A FECKING BLANKET GUARANTEE, not just on systeminal banks like BOI and AIB but Banks that exist to services speculation and developers like Anglo.

Said guarantee bankrupts the country, leading to mass emigration, huge unemployment and tax increases.

That's what happens when you elect publicans and chancers to the Dail.

Leading to people on the dole being pissed off and someone calling something ironic which isn't- people on the dole giving out is not irony, however someone criticising someone being on the dole attacking the policies that have them on the dole is, see- a history and grammar lesson all in one day for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'll be asking all canvassers about an issue that has bothered me for ages and which I really want sorted out.

I'll tell them that whichever party gets the pothole outside my front door sorted out gets my vote.:mad:

........but then I'll actually vote for the party that replies, "No can do, that kind of parish pump politics is what has the Irish political system the way it is."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Refugee from RealLife

I am quite looking forward to FF canvassers calling to my door for the simple reason that I would like the oppurtuinity to ask them how they can continue to support such a corrupt bunch of liars who couldn't even admit to the people they were mandated to serve that they were about to sell the futures of your children to the IMF and ECB to protect the people that got us in this mess in the first place.

I want them to explain the blanket guarantee given to the speculators, when there was no requirement to do so.

I want them to explain the monies taken in taxes to the workers in this country and the reduction of benefits to the most needy in our society while TD's salaries remain untouched.

I want them to explain how the widening of tax bands have been so poorly calculated that they now take more money from the low earners while per percentage the top earners have remained relatively unscathed.

I want them to explain how reducing child benefit instead of overhauling the system to ensure those most in need receive it.

I want them to explain where in the 3 draconian budgets there have been provisions made for job creation in the country.

I want them to explain how the reduction of the minimum wage is going to help this country.

I want them to explain why the Tanisté thinks it is good that young people are leaving the country in search of work thus causing misery to families.

I want them to to explain why no one heeded the warnings from certain respected economists were not considered as they wined and dined with the property speculators who drove the building bubble and have mortgaged the futures of generations of people in this country.

I want them to explain why the Taoisech is still deemed worthy of earning the salary he commands while having the IMF with their hands up his hole and writing his speeches.

I want them to explain the goings on in Anglo Irish bank and why noone has of yet been held accountable by having their freedom taken away while people are jailed for not having a TV licence.

I want them to expalin why they sold our sovernity.

Yes I am looking forward to the FF canvassers calling to my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

My local Fianna Fail county councillor is a neighbour and a friend and I am not really looking forward to when he calls round canvassing for whatever party whore they run in this election, as a kick in the balls offends even the best of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If people really hated FF, Why dont you invite them in, make them tea, talk to them for 15-20 mins

Thats 20 mins less time where they could be persuading someone else to vote FF.

Think about it.
    Thats actually an old FF trick .

Advertisement