Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best things of 2010 (R.O.I only!)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

lizt wrote: »
    The OP probably meant just domestic things, not stuff that happened in America, Europe etc.

Northerners are very welcome!

The fact that the US and Europe aren't included is obvious,it's not apparent that Northerners are very welcome though.
    Are you the OP's Mother btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The closure of Headshops.

Now those chavs who ran them will actually have to work for a living instead of poisoning the idiots who used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

R.O.I. only? There are plenty of Boardsie's who are Northern based. Surely everyone on the island of Ireland should be included here?

There's nothing on a national level I can even think of, except there's going to be a general election.

For Boards.ie it's got to be the Picture Battle thread, some good crack and good 'battlers' in there.

Looking at sport, the Dutch thugs who shamed the world cup final and lost. The amazing Spanish team that won the World Cup. A victory for creativity and skill over thuggery and negativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

Three Irish conetstants in teh final 16 of xfactor!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭tony007

bridie green

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You think a citizen's right to drink alcohol on any given day should be governed by their state's main religious body?

.....:confused:

Ireland has been too long under the thumb of someone other than Ireland for that to make sense. If it wasn't the church it was the English - sorry to bring all this into the argument but its sadly true. Someone drinking a publicly served pint of beer on a designated "religious" day can actually be described as progress
    I think you missed the point off the post. The poster was saying the law hadn't changed for serving alcohol on good friday not that it would not be a good thing.

Sorry to be lame but the continued health of friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

irish-stew wrote: »
    France getting knocked out of the WC.

That there ^ is only a distant second to

"france making an absolute cnut of themselves at the world cup fighting among themselves like a pack of bitches"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Special offers in every shop :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

Evanne Ni Chulin:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dominatorsorus

getting a tradesman to do a small job without a 3 month wait or an extortionate price.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

dubtom wrote: »
    The fact that the US and Europe aren't included is obvious,it's not apparent that Northerners are very welcome though.

:D.

I mean just try and keep it Irish, northern and southern.
    Good auld Irish stuff, if there's any left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Special offers in every shop :)

yeah 2010 has been great for offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

dubtom wrote: »

No...?

I'm just saying that the OP probably over looked the North but no-one is going to lynch anyone for mentioning it.

What exactly did you mean by your comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

couldn't even find solace in sport :( bad results all 'round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Tipp winning the All Ireland Hurling Championship and Cork winning the All Ireland Football Championship:)

Advertisement