Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

It'd be nice if they did it and actually included every bit of DLC for each game.
    That I would buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fyda

Imagine how short the game would be now though, with the loading speed of the next gen consoles - those lift scenes would be shredded!

Nooooooo! Not the lift scenes! They are awesome! ;)

Speaking of DLCs - anyone knows where I can buy Pinnacle station for PC without buying the whole collection for 50€?
    It simply disappeared from Origin some time ago and I couldn't find any information on that...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

When should I play the Citadel DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fyda

J. Marston wrote: »
    When should I play the Citadel DLC?

How do you mean that? At what point in the game? If yes, I'd say shortly after the Citadel Coup/Rannoch and the mini-missions where you meet the compainions from ME2 (the Ardat-Yakshi monastery, Horizon, Cerberus lab, etc. - depending on the companion who survived) so your squad is complete. (Unless of course you're going to kill/send away the other spectre).

I'd also recommend to pick a love interest before (unless you intend to stay single the whole time).

Fyda wrote: »
    How do you mean that? At what point in the game? If yes, I'd say shortly after the Citadel Coup/Rannoch and the mini-missions where you meet the compainions from ME2 (the Ardat-Yakshi monastery, Horizon, Cerberus lab, etc. - depending on the companion who survived) so your squad is complete. (Unless of course you're going to kill/send away the other spectre).

I'd also recommend to pick a love interest before (unless you intend to stay single the whole time).

Yep, that's what I meant, I phrased it poorly.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd recommend doing the Citadel DLC late in the game. If you do it too early, characters like Miranda wont be there as they are off doing stuff.

Finished the Citadel DLC.

That was great fun, the combat and all that was standard Mass Effect but all the interactions with squadmates, nods to fans and callbacks made it very enjoyable.

The best one being "I guess.....I should go."

Edit: Now I actually have to finish the game. That's a bit of a downer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mass Effect Trilogy has been listed for PS4 and XboxOne by some Chilean website. Not the most concrete of rumours, but my ears pricked at the mention!

I already own all 3, and have played them many times, but I reckon i would still buy and play through a next gen version many times.

Would hope for some updates to the games, but would be surprised if there were any changes, to be honest. As long as all the DLC was already included in the pack I'd be happy enough, not going to pay for it all again! (on top of the game...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mass Effect Trilogy has been listed for PS4 and XboxOne by some Chilean website. Not the most concrete of rumours, but my ears pricked at the mention!

I already own all 3, and have played them many times, but I reckon i would still buy and play through a next gen version many times.

Would hope for some updates to the games, but would be surprised if there were any changes, to be honest. As long as all the DLC was already included in the pack I'd be happy enough, not going to pay for it all again! (on top of the game...)

Pretty much the above- despite having played through everything I'd 100% buy this. Would have to assume all DLC would be included??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They'd have to include the DLC if they re-release it.

I'm almost finished my current playthrough on the pc. Used a few mods in all three games, to improve the graphics. It's such a brilliant series. Leviathan was decent, but i actually really enjoyed Omega. Was pretty combat heavy, but was fun absolutely tearing through Cerberus.

Overall, while ME1 is probably my favourite from a story point of view, i absolutely love the crew interactions in ME3. Garrus, Wrex and Mordin are absolute legends. James is a bit dull, as is Kaiden, but the rest are pretty good too.

Plus, Liara :o

• Advertisement

So i finished my most recent playthrough today, and it was the first time i've gone through the Citadel DLC. I have to say, that was absolutely fantastic. So many brilliant moments, and quite a few times i was in stitches laughing. It was the proper send off for the crew that was missing from the game originally, and it definitely stands up as one of the best DLC's i've played (though as a massive fan of the series, i'm a bit biased).

Also, this has become one of my favourite scenes in the entire series now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never played citadel and kind of raging I didn't. I lost all my saves for the series. Might pick up the series for ps4 if it gets remastered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If it's just the decisions from the first 2, get yourself a similar or identical save from masseffectsaves.com

Great site that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Started a play-through a few days ago. I've actually only finished the 3 games all the way through twice.

This is the first fem-shep I've tried to finish. Just started ME2.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NO further news on the possible remaster, so looks like it isn't happening. disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gbear wrote: »
    Started a play-through a few days ago. I've actually only finished the 3 games all the way through twice.

This is the first fem-shep I've tried to finish. Just started ME2.

How's the fem-shep holidng up ?

I've also gone through them twice, once on PC, once of Console...both times I played male shep ...though the 2nd time I was a rebel as opposed to a paragon..and it's MUCH more fun !!

I'll start another playthrough since as I've not been back in a year or 2...was thinking of a fem-shep. Is it good ? , I like to pretend I'm Shepard though...and I can't really if I'm a woman :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

SeantheMan wrote: »

I've also gone through them twice, once on PC, once of Console...both times I played male shep ...though the 2nd time I was a rebel as opposed to a paragon..and it's MUCH more fun !!

I'll start another playthrough since as I've not been back in a year or 2...was thinking of a fem-shep. Is it good ? , I like to pretend I'm Shepard though...and I can't really if I'm a woman :P

It's well worth another playthrough as FemShep. Hale does a really good job with the character. Unfortunately, Bioware didn't add much in the way of gender-specific dialogue but it is still well worth another run, especially if you've not played it in a while.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Jennifer Hale is a way better voice actress than Mark Meer, he can come across as bland sometimes, Hale just handles it better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Jennifer Hale is a way better voice actress than Mark Meer, he can come across as bland sometimes, Hale just handles it better

Hale's performance seemed a tad over-emotional for a seasoned war veteran in my opinion. I preferred Meer but both did excellent jobs IMO.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

I've never done a FemShep playthrough. Just seems weird having always played it as MaleShep. Even changing his face feels wrong.

• Advertisement

I finished it and then started another (male this time). It didn't really make much difference to me. In the end, I usually make mostly the same big decisions. They feel like the optimal decisions so I don't see why I'd change.
    I find renegade annoying because you're a cu*t, rather than a badass, in most situations.

I've finished 2 and 3 as every character except a Sentinel. Might try him next, but it's annoying only having SMGs and pistols for half of ME2.
    ME1 is a bit of a chore at this stage but I'm sure I'll try finishing it on Insanity at some point.

Mostly I've been playing multiplayer again. It hasn't lost it's charm and so long as you play at night, when all the yanks are on, there's usually no problem getting a game, on PC at any rate.
    I've picked up pretty much all the weapons now (to lvl I at least). Still have a good few characters missing.

Gbear wrote: »

I've finished 2 and 3 as every character except a Sentinel. Might try him next, but it's annoying only having SMGs and pistols for half of ME2.

On this note, what's the most fun , worst, and the most OP choices to go with ?

Both my playthroughs I went for a Soldier or something, because I'm boring and like shooting things as opposed to all the abilities.

On this note, what's the most fun , worst, and the most OP choices to go with ?

Both my playthroughs I went for a Soldier or something, because I'm boring and like shooting things as opposed to all the abilities.

It doesn't make as much of a difference in 1, although pull, throw, stasis and the likes help with tough enemies like Krogan. Really it's all about shooting stuff so the classes other than Soldier and Infiltrator are relatively weak.

Engineers are really strong in ME2 because nearly all enemies have either armour you can incinerate or shields you can zap.
    Vanguards are a lot of fun but you need to learn how to be as aggressive as possible without dying.
    Adepts aren't quite as strong in general but they really make mincemeat of the collectors. Warp-throw is great for blasting barriers and throwing them off cliffs.

ME3 really rewards the ability-based classes.

Tech and biotic combos do an unparalleled amount of damage so the ability based classes effectively received a huge buff.

I found the Vanguard unbelievably overpowered in ME3. Biotic Charge (with additional time slowdown) mixed with biotic explosions made short work of pretty much any enemy. Also, once i did Omega i got Aria's biotic explosion thing...which was brilliant.

So coming to the end of ME3 again, for the third time...but I have some questions as certain things happened in this playthrough that didn't previously happen.

(Also...I forgot you have to play MP for galactic readiness....what a drain that is)

Anyways, I'm not putting spoiler tags as the game is old and popular enough at this stage not to warrant them.

On my playthrough this time....I was forced to choose between Tali or Legion.
    Now, in the previous 2 times I completed the game I was able to save both....so I checked online..and because I didn't have certain points...such as ..Tali was exiled, and something else....so I would be forced to choose....I was pretty annoyed that I had to choose...as I pretty much hate the Quarians except for Tali...and I really like Legion, but I still chose the fleshys after seeing Tali kill herself....I restarted and replayed the mission about 5 times trying to be able to save both.

My questions are......how does the whole scenario for the Geth / Quarians play out if Tali was already dead, Legion was already dead...or both (assuming they die at the end of ME2)

Likewise, what happens with regards to Mordin and the Genophage mission if he is dead from ME2, is there even a mission , is it possible to cure it ?

This will be the first time I've seen the ending of the game since they changed it after all the initial complaints, so I'm hoping it's going to be decent...or does it still boil down to different colours :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

The scenarios essentially play out the same, just your chances of a particular outcome are weighed against whatever relevant previous choices you made.

All that happens where characters have died is you get a different (but similar) character. It's one of the reasons I hate replaying these types of games as it really dispels the sense of having your own story.

(if Mordin is dead you get Not-Mordin, or at least that's what Joker calls him).

All that happens where characters have died is you get a different (but similar) character. It's one of the reasons I hate replaying these types of games as it really dispels the sense of having your own story.

(if Mordin is dead you get Not-Mordin, or at least that's what Joker calls him).

That's pretty disappointing....so all the main missions are still there except you have non-characters who you don't give a fiddles about.
    I read Wrex is replaced by his brother, Legion by some Legion VI, Tali by Admiral Xen.
    Glad I managed to keep mine alive in ME2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

It is quite annoying that nothing really changes. Each character from 2 has a replacement that just shows up if the original is dead. Although Wrex's brother does make sense.

It's an almost impossible ask to have completely different scenarios depending on who is still alive though.

Besides, it's not just about what happens that matters. It's how it happens and who it happens to. I can't even imagine playing it through without Mordin, Wrex and the others who can die through the series. Wouldn't have anywhere near as much of an impact if some random Salarian did what Mordin did, or having some random Krogan in place of Wrex.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the impact of their death from ME2 was probably a shocker for whoever had them die....but it's all 1 big disappointment at the end of ME2 if a few of them die.
    I think it would have been more emotional if they forced all your characters to survive....so you don't have these plastic clones, and then get the real heroic deaths from them.

Choosing between Tali and Legion was heartbreaking for me.
    But if it was Tali or a Legion VI...then I'm gonna choose Tali
    If it's Legion or some other Quarian, I'm choosing Legion.

Advertisement