Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going without (going commando)

Options
  • 10-12-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

During the summer in the warm weather I decided to go without for about 5 times over a period of 2 months. It was for 1 day only each time - in work, on the train/bus/luas, out shopping, in the pub etc. When doing it I wore knee lenght skirt or dress, just above knee. I plucked up the courage one day to do it and so I did it. Overall I found it to be quite liberating. I had never done it before but quite liked the feeling without the constraints of underwear for a change and give my skin a rest. How common is it among Irish women?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

OK lets keep the AH stylee replies to a minimum please.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Cant speak for the ladies but if my girlfriend did it, I would be very aroused. :D

It's up to the women themselves if they feel comfortable doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Iv done it before due to VPL restrictions with certain summer dresses. Always with knee length or longer skirts/dresses though. I don't think Id have the ahem balls to do it with a short skirt.

To be honest I didn't really notice the difference really but my boyfriend did :p

I thinks it something that if your comfortable and youre not showing off everything then its fine, go for it, but Id have to be very very sure there would be no accidental unveiling before I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

Nope, not for me, not the going-about-my-business way you describe at least. I would feel way too exposed and anxious all the time, so it wouldn't be worth it, really.

The only time that I can imagine doing it is as a part of the foreplay on a date etc, because then of course, feeling exposed ties in to arousal. I would have to be reasonably trusting of the guy in that case, too.

EDIT: Oh heck - just read OP again; I'm not actually Irish! Been here 10 years though, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have never done it 'cause I just can't imagine myself being comfortable in a skirt with no underwear on. If I wasn't wearing tights, I think it'd be a little cold and wearing tights, well, that'd just be kinda weird imo. I get the whole sexual side of it, but really, there are things a hell of a lot 'naughtier' and meh, doesn't highly appeal to me. And as for the liberating aspect... Nah. I like my pants!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Some folks are WAY too sensitive down there to even the slightest degree of stimulation, so going commando would be... risky. :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Yep, have done it. Both for titillation purposes and also because knickers spoiled the line of the way my dress fell. In neither instance was the dress bum skimmingly short, nor was there any chance of my exposing my nether regions to anyone that wasn't meant to see them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've never done it, I'm not really a skirt wearer though

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

yeap, done it, do it, love it.....What's the warm in it, no one knows anyway... except for my other half who loves it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

its a great idea for a woman to do it, just for the simple reason that they could go out and around the town and smile away to oneselves that your doing sumtin cheeky and feel good about yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Mercy Seat

For some reason that name in this thread amuses me :D ^

Not a skirt wearer, and when I am wearing one, I'm already much too paranoid, but I do tend to wear baggy 3/4 length trousers mostly, and have to agree that it is a good feeling.

Alternatively, I do recommend that most chicks wear men's boxers now and then, a little more protection, but still - nice breeziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I dont see the point tbh, Imho thats what thongs are for. And im definitly more comfortable in a thong than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Hell no!
    Chafing, sweating...*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I could never even consider it, for fear of a gust of wind or me falling over and the exposing myself to the world. Its happened to me more times than I like with underwear on!

Edit-I feel I should add that I don't own any skirts or dresses that are not above knee length :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No way. What if I was to fall over or something :/

As far as tight dresses etc go I just wear a thong.

I NEVER wear knickers in bed though. Under pyjamas/on their own. Never did as a child so I don't like how it feels now. I have noticed I'm the only person out of all my friends that does this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Tis fierce breezy down there then!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    I dont see the point tbh, Imho thats what thongs are for. And im definitly more comfortable in a thong than nothing.
    BengaLover wrote:
    Hell no!
    Chafing, sweating...*shudders*
    Funny that. As a guy, I much prefer to wear a thong than briefs/boxers. I find boxers too much material crammed into trousers. Very hard to find nice thongs for guys though.

Going commando under trousers can be nice too and for the same reasons mentioned by others here.

/feels awkward I'm the only one who mentioned vadge fluid as the determining factor... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Dudess wrote: »
    /feels awkward I'm the only one who mentioned vadge fluid as the determining factor... :o

Fine! It was the first thing that came to my mind. I just wasn't brave enough to say it but I admire your courage and so I won't let you be alone in this!

Er... I never said it applied to me... :confused:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

+1 to Dudess reason.It was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I go without a bra fairly often in the summer, cos my breasts are pretty small and it's more comfortable when it's more than 30 degrees. But i have never gone commando, it doesn't appeal to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Dudess wrote: »
    Er... I never said it applied to me... :confused:

:pac:
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I thought I read some time ago that not wearing underwear with a skirt led to health issues for women. Greater chance of infections getting into the body etc

Advertisement