Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to bruree help pls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

shivkk06 wrote: »
    thats a bit of good news :)

what i would do is get the cork bus from limerick and if the weather is good get off at O' rourke's cross and walk the 2K to bruree or if the weather is bad go as far as charleville and get a cab :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭shivkk06

its looks like the option but that gonna cost over 50 quid to do it that way

Well, if it is Bruree House, then that's about 1km south of the village which lengthens the walk...

Map attached...

Deep sleeper, do you know the place? is that the place im thinking of thats down past Devalera's cottage?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭DeepSleeper

OK - I saw they had planted their Bruree marker on the website map on the main street, but people are not always accurate with these. I don't know the area too well, but the photo of the house on their website looks just like this one....

http://www.landedestates.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/image-show.jsp?id=1272

...and using old maps to find 'Bruree House' on this website

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,555147,629685,6

(see the old map by clicking the HISTORIC 6" button at bottom right)

it seems to me the site might lie 1km south of the village.. but I can't be sure...

OK - I saw they had planted their Bruree marker on the website map on the main street, but people are not always accurate with these. I don't know the area too well, but the photo of the house on their website looks just like this one....

http://www.landedestates.ie/LandedEstates/jsp/image-show.jsp?id=1272

...and using old maps to find 'Bruree House' on this website

http://maps.osi.ie/publicviewer/#V1,554345,630297,4

(see the old map by clicking the HISTORIC 6" button at bottom right)

it seems to me the site might lie 1km south of the village.. but I can't be sure...

yea looks like u ve got right place

• Advertisement

Deep sleeper, do you know the place? is that the place im thinking of thats down past Devalera's cottage?

Not really - Isn't De Valera's Cottage to the north of the village?

Not really - Isn't De Valera's Cottage to the north of the village?

De Valera's cottage is on the Meanus/fedamore road if you go through the village and turn left just after dollery's garage and i think bruree house is further on down that road but i will be able to find out for sure in the morning :)

De Valera's cottage is on the Meanus/fedamore road if you go through the village and turn left just after dollery's garage and i think bruree house is further on down that road but i will be able to find out for sure in the morning :)

really appreciate all yer help folks my fellas in there n my cars broke down

No bother shivkk06 - glad to be of some assistance - If I wasn't nearly 100 miles away I'd give you a lift! Hope your trip goes well.

*DeepSleeper retires to bed to do some deepsleeping...*

No bother shivkk06 - glad to be of some assistance - If I wasn't nearly 100 miles away I'd give you a lift! Hope your trip goes well.

*DeepSleeper retires to bed to do some deepsleeping...*

lol thanks deepsleeper enjoy ur sleep

• Advertisement

ShivKK06 ill find out in the morning exactly where it is and ill see is there anyone doing a small cab service in bruree ;)

ShivKK06 ill find out in the morning exactly where it is and ill see is there anyone doing a small cab service in bruree ;)

thanks a mill bandit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is out the same road as the garden centre which you get to by going up Mill street. It is a nice walk from the village in this weather, let alone from Rourkes Cross.

Your best option if you have a set time to be there for is to get a bus as far as Rourkes Cross, and then call for a taxi from the shop there.

But if you are not forced to arrive at a set time. there is a daily bus service that goes into Bruree on it's way to Charleville which is the number 320 from the Limerick train/Bus station. It goes to Bruree twice a day. You would still have to get from the village to the centre, but at least a chunk of the journey would be over with.

Bugger just noticed you are travelling on a Sunday, that rules out the 320 bus into Bruree as it does not go in there on Sundays, only Monday to Saturday.

And Mill street is the right hand turn just before the Church and Post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Cuan Mhuire is out the Charleville road so I reckon get off the bus in Charleville, it'll be much easier to get a taxi from there. You can't miss the place, the walls are white with sky blue and there is a security box on the way in...

Cuan Mhuire is out the Charleville road so I reckon get off the bus in Charleville, it'll be much easier to get a taxi from there. You can't miss the place, the walls are white with sky blue and there is a security box on the way in...

It's the old Charleville road that it is on though, and as such could confuse people who don't know the area into thinking that the main road from Limerick to Charleville is the right road.

Kess is right, its not on the main Charleville road. I checked today for you and you need to go in to bruree , go over the bridge and take the first right, and its about half a mile out that road. Charleville is probably the best place to get a cab too.

Kess is right, its not on the main Charleville road. I checked today for you and you need to go in to bruree , go over the bridge and take the first right, and its about half a mile out that road. Charleville is probably the best place to get a cab too.

Would be about €6 to €8 cheaper each way to get off at Rourkes cross and get a cab from there though.

OP, while you may be able to get a bite to eat there, if you cannot, the garden centre next door to it has a little cafe that is open until 18:00 every evening.

Advertisement