Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding wild foxes.......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭St. Leibowitz

Followed the snow tracks of the fox in the fields behind the house. Left some food for him (Raisin's, apple, lamb fat and some dry dog food) ..........

Foxes are very similar to dogs, and I understood that raisins were likely to give dogs renal problems. Does anybody know if that it correct, and if so, would it not be a problem for foxes also ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Feargal as Luimneach

Foxes are very similar to dogs, and I understood that raisins were likely to give dogs renal problems. Does anybody know if that it correct, and if so, would it not be a problem for foxes also ??
    correct. A bit like chocolate with dogs, feed them enough and will kill them. A small amount will not however.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Could this be due to the fact that raisins are dessicated (dried, whatever)?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement