Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January Intake

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Until she comes back to confirm this herself, I'm going to speculate that this is a typo, and twilightbella meant to say that you can not be 5/10mins late due to traffic/weather.

You must be where you're supposed to be 5 minutes before the stated time, so try to get into a habit of being early all the time, so it comes naturally to you when it's your time in the playpen.
    be under no illusions you can be 5/10mins late due to traffic/weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 twilightbella

Simply be there at 8.30 at the latest. People tried the traffic/weather excuses in our intake and let's just say I can't type the response they got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Could somebody possibly confirm for me please, does the induction evening finish at the same time for both guests and recruits?

I'm assuming yes but just want to be 100% sure, have to organise how everyone's getting home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 minerdees

Guys your intake day soon will be tough. You will get a lot of information thrown at you. There is not much time during the day to process all of it but try to listen to everything the staff say. You will be tires but once the drill staff show you how to bull boots the day is coming to an end. I'm living in so will be there that evening. Anyone who wants can pm me and I'll let you know how you can recognise me if you want to ask any questions. Have fun and try to relax this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

Must reiterate what minerdees said, intake Sunday is a long day, but don't be drawn in by the scare mongering that can be found elsewhere on this forum; there is nothing hard about intake Sunday - you spend most of the day listening to people throwing information at you and you're given a load of uniform etc. You're being paid to sit there and listen. Happy days. Don't bother taking notes, it's really not necessary and won't win you any extra points.

You'll be introduced to Drill Staff. Pay them as much respect as you can muster and get into the habit of doing exactly what they say. They're not expecting you to be the Coldstream Guards on your first day, but they do want to see that you're taking them seriously.

The accommodation in Garnerville is pretty basic... depressingly basic in fact. Don't let this put you off - it'll soon become good fun once you've made friends, even the Phoenix Nights-like bar is good fun (not that you'll be allowed in it very much, the Drill Staff ban anyone whose room is not up to scratch, which is everybody during the first couple of weeks).

Good luck, and DON'T WORRY! It's not that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 urbantiger

Thanks guys, if nothing else it helps to know we're not alone.
    Can't wait to get stuck in and get to know you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Probably a really stupid question here, I assume it's still smart attire for intake day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wotsmyname

I'm Pretty sure it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭pathway

MrAnderson wrote: »
    Probably a really stupid question here, I assume it's still smart attire for intake day??

Wear a suit. Nuff said.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭soalpy

does anyone know how many more police intakes there will be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

soalpy wrote: »
    does anyone know how many more police intakes there will be?

Don't think Baggot knows the answer to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Don't think Baggot knows the answer to that.

Ah he does in all fairness, he just wont tell us!!! :D. The master of suspense!!!

Advertisement