Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helpp with buying a tv please

Options
  • 06-12-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey All

Am looking for some advice on buying a new tv.I'm a complete novice have no clue at all,hoping to get a new tv to surprise the hubby when he comes home for christmas. Looking at something between 42-50inch.

Have been told by a few people to get a plasma, dont really have clue so am just taking their word for it. It would be used for general tv soaps obviously :D some dvds, the odd game off wii/ps3 and watching some footie.We have Sky but its not SkyHD or anything.

So i wanted to know about this whole 1080p thing :confused:.One guy told me i need to get it on the tv and another told me i didnt.So more confused than usual :eek:

Any advice or help in any way would be really appreciated
    Thanks loads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ucdier

Hey ErinMc,

I was in a similar situation a few months ago.

Decided to go for plasma in the end, as it seems to be best value for money and probably one of the best (most realistic) pictures.

Be good if you indicate your budget and then people can recommend TVs to fit.

After my little bit of research I found that watters electrical and richersounds were some of the best retailers in terms of knowledge and value on selling TVs in Ireland.

Also, richersounds seem to be doing a savage deal on a Philips TV at the moment - well worth a look here in the commercial section.

Also, in the end I opted for a Panasonic 50"G20. It's one of the top range panasonic plasmas, offers loads of features and but not 3D (I haven't bought into the 3D hype (yet) and thought the premium charged for it is far too much).

Happy shopping

Advertisement