If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2700 off a TV! BIGGEST E V E R TV DISCOUNT - 56" LCD

Options
  • 14-12-2010 2:02pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Ok,

Those nice people at Philips towers have been sweeping into the corners of the warehouse - cleaning up for Christmas and guess what? They have found a few Philips 56PFL9954's hiding in a corner!

This is a 56" LCD with MPEG4 (so it's ready for the new Irish Digital TV) NET TV (Full internet access) and AMBILIGHT!

IT HAS BEEN REDUCED FROM original RRP £4000/€4000 - to just £1099.95 / €1299.99

56pfl9954h_12_tlf_.jpg

Be blown away watching Blu-ray movies or HDTV on the 56" ultra-wide television screen.

The Philips Cinema 21:9 LCD TV offers a true cinematic widescreen viewing experience,perfectly matched to the original 21:9 (2.39:1) film format.

True cinema experience• Cinema 21:9 movie aspect ratio, no black bars bottom / top
    • Ambilight Spectra 3 for an immersive viewing experience

Perfect LCD Picture

• Full HD LCD display, with a 2560 x 1080p resolution
    • Perfect Pixel HD Engine for unrivalled sharpness and clarity
    • Perfect Natural Motion for ultra-smooth Full HD movies
    • 200 Hz Clear LCD, 1 ms performance: superb motion sharpness

Connect and enjoy the online world
    • Philips Net TV with Wi-Fi for online services on your TV
    • Enjoy a rich selection of web videos from YouTube and others
    • DLNA PC network link for watching videos from your computer
    Ready for digital
    • MPEG4 HDTV reception via DVB-T and DVB-Cable tuner*

SEE FULL DETAILS HERE!
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/5/56pfl9954h_12/56pfl9954h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Would this be enough connections for (any) system?

56pfl9954h_12_cow_.jpg

If booked before the end of December we can offer a Philips 5 Year warranty included in the price!

Very limited stock - post here to book one!

Or call the guys on 01.474.0788

Thanks as ever guys,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

folks I have this beauty on display if you'd like to lay your eyes one..

Your welcome to call in and have a play with it.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

That 56" LCD was never 4 grand <Snip>

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Iron Hide wrote: »
    That 56" LCD was never 4 grand

Sorry Iron Hide - you are incorrect there - It was always better value in the ROi as it was originally €3999 against £3999 in the UK.

here is a link to the independent What HiFi Website when it was reduced to £2999.95 stating that it was reduced by £1000 - if you also check UK mags from earlier this year you will see that the UK retail was £3999.95.

http://www.whathifi.com/News/HOT-DEALS-Big-screen-bargains-from-Richer-Sounds/

Originally actually the launch price in the UK was £4500 http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Philips-56PFL9954H-21:9-LCD-HDTV-Review.html and again here is a review from AV Forums in August 2009 (the premier AV site in the UK) to support this.

In Ireland as above, the unit launched at €3999.99 and I will happily show you copies of or our records showing Customers who purchased these at €3999 - however as I am sure you are aware for Customer confidentiality purposes we cannot disclose specific Customer details.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ryanno,

thanks for the call - All I can say is you have a V E R Y understanding other half....:eek::eek:

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Ryanno,

thanks for the call - All I can say is you have a V E R Y understanding other half....:eek::eek:

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhh John, she might be reading these posts......... and she has spies everywhere.

She doesn't know yet!!:D

Maybe ordering another one more in the morn for a good friend of mine............

• Advertisement

Ryanno wrote: »
    SSSShhhhhhhhhhhhhh John, she might be reading these posts......... and she has spies everywhere.

She doesn't know yet!!:D

Maybe ordering another one more in the morn for a good friend of mine............

What a lovely Christmas morning surprise she will have :D:D

You are soooooo thoughtful...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

What a lovely Christmas morning surprise she will have :D:D

You are soooooo thoughtful...

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hey John and Ash/Nicola,

As promised I have my friend dropping in tomorrow evening to take a look at the TV. So can you put my name on 2 of these babies :eek: and they will mention my name when they get into the philips shop tomorrow. Ash one of the guys will call you tomorrow and pay by CC if possible. He is away until the 28th December in the UK and was hoping to collect afterwards to avoid leaving this beast home alone. Is this OK??

I'll PM you there details so you will know who they are..

So, about commission. Is it monthly or weekly;)............

I know you'll look after me in the future.........:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Great price. It's €1900 in a certain Oz shop in Cork for the display model......

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hey John and Ash/Nicola,

So, about commission. Is it monthly or weekly;)............

I know you'll look after me in the future.........:D:D

Ryanno,

as the guys in store will tell you - commission is paid weakly......

:D

J

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi John,

2 quick ?'s on this:

1. Do you have the pedestals/table mount stands for these too? If so, what price? I think I saw them on the richersounds email a few weeks ago for £99, but I may be wrong on that.

2. What guarantee is being given with these? Edit: whoops, ignore, just saw the 5 year if ordered pre end of Dec.!

Thanks!

P.S. I will lose a testicle if I buy this.

• Advertisement

Hi John,

2 quick ?'s on this:

1. Do you have the pedestals/table mount stands for these too? If so, what price? I think I saw them on the richersounds email a few weeks ago for £99, but I may be wrong on that.

2. What guarantee is being given with these? Edit: whoops, ignore, just saw the 5 year if ordered pre end of Dec.!

Thanks!

P.S. I will lose a testicle if I buy this.

Butter,

Prepare for life with a single one then!

Yep the 56PFL9954 comes with a full 5 year Philips warranty and we have the pedestals available at just £99/€99.

Keep us posted

John mc

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Bonidel

Hi John,
    Been on the lookout for a large screen and was going to wait until the January sales but looks like one may have started already!

A few questions - Can you deliver this size screen and if so how much would delivery to Cork be?

Does the boardie 10% discount apply to this offer?

And finally, what is the price for a wall mounting bracket for this?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dolihalix

Hi John, very tempting offer!

Here is a rather unusual question, do you ship outside Ireland?
    If so, any idea what would be the cost of shipping, say, to Slovakia? I think my parents would start believing in Santa if I could pull this off. If not, I might be interested in getting it for myself..

Thanks,

Jozef

Hi Bonidel

I'll have to come back to you on delivery on this TV - I dont see that being a problem just need to check a few things out as its a bloody big box!

Wall mount comes with TV (table stand is €99.99 option)

What!! more discount when your saving €2700!!!.....'fraid not:)

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

2 months after I buy my 9705!

Gutted!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi John,

PM sent, can you reply to it privately?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Stress!!

Do you guys do finance? I want this but I want to lay off of the credit card :D

Hi Soarer

The PFL9705, as you know, is pretty a fantastic TV...sure put it in the bedroom and pop the Cinema 21:9 in the livingroom

@ jesus_thats_gre

We dont offer finance, just great prices....besides there's no saving the credit cards this time of year:(

ButtersSuki

John's out of the office today but no doubt will get back to you once he gets back to the office

atb guys
    Ash

Hi folks

A few of these have sold already so if your trying to make your mind up......

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Seem to be down now to £999.95 in Richersounds Boxing Day Sale :eek:, according to their VIP newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

What are the chances of getting one of these at this price I wonder? Are RS open today?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Hi,

Please see the notice at the top of the forum about delays - here's a link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056126555.

If you want to get a speedy reply you should phone the RS shop in Belfast at the number given in the link above.

Cheers,

Ritz

positron wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting one of these at this price I wonder? Are RS open today?

Positron,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you:

Here are the opening hours for the next few days:

Monday 27th December: 10-6PM
    Tuesday 28th December: 10-6PM
    Wednesday 29th December: 10-7PM
    Thursday 30th December: 10-7PM
    Friday 31st December: 10-4PM
    Saturday 1st January: 12-4PM
    Sunday 2nd January: 1-5PM

Keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭56lcd

I can not get Irish Digital teletext (Saorview text) on the the Philips 56PFL9954H LCD TV that I bought yesterday.
    This television does not seem to have MHEG 5 that is needed for Irish digital teletext.
    How can Philips resolve this issue for me?
    The picture on the TV is stunning but I am gutted by the fact that I cant get RTE's Digital teletext.
    Can somebody from Philips please resolve this problem for me, I cant send a pm because I don't have 25 posts yet

I can not get Irish Digital Teletext on the 56PFL9954 that I bought yesterday, It does not seem to have MHEG 5 to allow it to display Irish digital teletext.
    I need Philips to solve this problem.

Hi There 56lcd

What I'll do, when we get a chance, is check ours out.
    It lists MHEG in the tuner specs but I suspect you'll need to set the country location as UK and not Ireland.

Once done I'll get back to you.

Cheers
    Ash

Hi There 56lcd

What I'll do, when we get a chance, is check ours out.
    It lists MHEG in the tuner specs but I suspect you'll need to set the country location as UK and not Ireland.

Once done I'll get back to you.

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash for the prompt reply,
    In my entire life I have never set my country location as the UK so I most certainly did not set it as the UK on my Philips TV but from reading your reply it seems like you are suggesting that Irish teletext will work if I set my country location as the UK.
    I am fully aware that they use MPEG 2 in the UK as opposed to MPEG 4 we use in Ireland.
    Is it possible that Philips have set Ireland as using the same digital TV system as the UK on this TV model?
    Can you suggest a solution so that will enable me to see Irish digital teletext?
    What if I set set my location to another European country on the television do you think that would enable me to get Irish digital teletext ..... if so can you suggest what country I should set as my location on the TV.
    Thank you,
    very frustrated customer of Philips

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@56lcd,

I've moved your post from the Philips Shop thread to here - in order to avoid the potential for confusion we request that people don't post the same query in two threads at the same time. As a new user to Boards and the RS forum, please take a moment to read the Charter here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 .

Cheers,

Ritz.

Hi once more 56lcd

OK just tuned our shop unit in to check it out and MHEG Digital Text present and correct:)

I'd say you'd need to do the following -

Retune your TV from scratch and select UK from the list of countries it offers up. If you select IRELAND it wont work correctly yet, but I'd say that will be address in a future Firmware update..

This will take a few minutes for the TV to complete.

Once done just bring up the list of channels available, select a digital one - I selected RET NEWS NOW and select TEXT.

Up it pops! with the TV channel your watching reduced to a box in the top right corner and your digital text options arrayed around that.

Not knowing where you are located it is possible that the full service is not operational in your area at this time.

Hope that helps and relieves your tuner fears!

Have a great New Year
    atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi once more 56lcd

OK just tuned our shop unit in to check it out and MHEG Digital Text present and correct:)

I'd say you'd need to do the following -

Retune your TV from scratch and select UK from the list of countries it offers up. If you select IRELAND it wont work correctly yet, but I'd say that will be address in a future Firmware update..

This will take a few minutes for the TV to complete.

Once done just bring up the list of channels available, select a digital one - I selected RET NEWS NOW and select TEXT.

Up it pops! with the TV channel your watching reduced to a box in the top right corner and your digital text options arrayed around that.

Not knowing where you are located it is possible that the full service is not operational in your area at this time.

Hope that helps and relieves your tuner fears!

Have a great New Year
    atb
    Ash

Thanks again Ash,
    It's good customer service to follow up on resolving problems for those of us that have purchased Philips products.
    So it looks like Philips is forcing a redblooded Irish man to state that his country location is the UK:mad:, well I will do so under protest if it means that I will be able to get Irish digital teletext:).
    I have had Saorview digital on my my Sony Bravia and Samsung TVs for over a year now so the full digital service is available in my area.
    I am not at home now but I will change my country location to the UK on the TV when I get home.
    Perhaps you could inform all sales people that sell this TV in Ireland that Irish digital teletext will not work if they select Ireland as their country location.
    The 56PFL9954H has an awesome picture quality on BlueRay and on RTE 2 HD, the other channels on Irish digital look great also, on free-sat some of the channels have black bars down the side as they are not able to stretch the length of the screen.
    I am very impressed with the Net TV while using WiFi.
    When I get Irish digital teletext working I will rate this TV 10/10 and recommend it to all my friends
    Thanks for the reply and I look forward to viewing this stunning TV later on.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.