Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New gallery opening in Limerick.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

humberklog wrote: »
    (and you better come along:)

Oups! Yes.Sir!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Is this gallery open everyday? I'll try call in at some stage if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Dropped in but Hum wasn't there, but brilliant work inside there I must say!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Is this gallery open everyday? I'll try call in at some stage if I can.

No, ocassional wednesday and then thursday through to sunday.

Thanks exiledsniper, hoping to be there this saturday coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I was in yesterday. It's a really lovely space Neil! Lovely light with the two entrances and all. It's a pity we got down so late, as all the stalls in the market were closing up. Next time we'll get down early on a Saturday and take in the (really lovely) artisan food stalls around before stopping in for a better browse. I *have* to get some of the green gouda I saw someone pack away..

If anyone is over that direction, I'd thoroughly recommend a visit :D Your images looked so much better in a decent sized home.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sinead, sorry to have missed you but took a weekend off from pics. Yeah place is taking shape each week. We still reckon that we're only about 60% the way towards how gallery and product is presented but that's pretty good.

So it's loooking like end of Feb-early March before official launch. Will let you know when the date is properly fixed.

But so far feed back has been brilliant and business is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Scarlett68

HK, to contexualise how good its going....Munster was playing today and we still did great business.......PHENOMENAL:D

Scarlett68 wrote: »
    HK, to contexualise how good its going....Munster was playing today and we still did great business.......PHENOMENAL:D

Go TeamElal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I called in there one day before Christmas. The 12th or 16th I think. Nice display you have there. I didn't say anything as I was with someone and I'd rather not let them know my username as I have bitched about them in the rec forums. :P Picked up a set of 3 for €10 prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

In there again the other day, still amazes me. Are you coming down again this weekend? Also heard you have some plan after your 'experience' with chicken hut? :P

• Advertisement

In there again the other day, still amazes me. Are you coming down again this weekend? Also heard you have some plan after your 'experience' with chicken hut? :P

Hoping to get down on Thursday but might have to be on the road on Friday afternoon but will def be down over the weekend following.

Yeah I'm working on a Chicken Hut collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I was going to PM you but my questions may be of interst to others so here goes:
    I presume you're a professional photographer/is it your full time job?
    • how's the gallery going, do you get a lot of footfall, customers?
    • is it just you manning it?
    • what size prints do you display?
    • what kind prices are prints?
    • do you currently display just your works?
    (I'm living in Galway so havne't had a chance to visit yet; I will when I'm down next).

You stated:
    For Boards.ie we hope that at some point we can do ocassional exhibits of members' work. We'd like to arrange that members from the west of Ireland come together and put on collective displays at some point in the future and we'll start a thread about such when the space is available

Any idea when this might happen, I'd be very interested (as I'm sure many others would). It's also be good promotion for your gallery as anyone with prints on display would get their family, friends, loved ones etc to visit....
    Cheers,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was going to PM you but my questions may be of interst to others so here goes:
    I presume you're a professional photographer/is it your full time job?
    • how's the gallery going, do you get a lot of footfall, customers?
    • is it just you manning it?
    • what size prints do you display?
    • what kind prices are prints?
    • do you currently display just your works?
    (I'm living in Galway so havne't had a chance to visit yet; I will when I'm down next).

You stated:
    For Boards.ie we hope that at some point we can do ocassional exhibits of members' work. We'd like to arrange that members from the west of Ireland come together and put on collective displays at some point in the future and we'll start a thread about such when the space is available

Any idea when this might happen, I'd be very interested (as I'm sure many others would). It's also be good promotion for your gallery as anyone with prints on display would get their family, friends, loved ones etc to visit....
    Cheers,
    Pa.

Quite a bit in there Dinn, but thanks for keeping it on thread as I'm generally pretty poor on answering PM's. I'm not a professional photographer, I'm an artist using photography as my medium and that is my full time job. I'm a Phartist. I've a couple of galleries.

As for the other questions...well I don't really want to get fully into my job nor into my shops. You've valid questions for the curious but I don't ask others their details about their jobs. I've galleries, they do exactly what they say on the tin.

Hoping we can pull in a Boards.ie display in May. Further confirmation will be posted mid Feb. with dates etc. to give people plenty of time to get their pic together and to see what interest there is. Basically it will be me giving over a large proportion of Limerick gallery to Boards members to display over a week or so. It won't be for individuals to display all their work but a collective from this forum. A lot of events are very Dublincentric so this might be good for those that've never had the opportunity to display publicly. Gonna keep it simple and sweet. Size of pics and other info will be on the thread in Feb.

I know I haven't answered most of your questions but hope that I've dealt with the important one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

humberklog wrote: »
    As for the other questions...well I don't really want to get fully into my job nor into my shops. You've valid questions for the curious but I don't ask others their details about their jobs. I've galleries, they do exactly what they say on the tin.

I know I haven't answered most of your questions but hope that I've dealt with the important one.
    Thanks for replying.
    I don't mind that you didn't answer some of them-
    what size prints do you display? what kind prices are prints? etc.

I was just thinking that this is information that anyone who has been to your gallery would see (so you wouldn't mind sharing) but as I haven't had the chance to visit yet so was just wondering.

I'll be down to Limerick in Feb/March hopefully so will pop in for a goo.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'll be down to Limerick in Feb/March hopefully so will pop in for a goo.

Sound, sure let me know when you're down and I'll try be there.

Now not going to be in gallery until Saturday this week (all day).

Advertisement