Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice wanted please

Options
  • 04-12-2010 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

I am 18, 74kg , 180cm and 13% bodyfat(i don't really trust the machine the use in the gym tbh)

I want to get bigger but then tonned up for summer

I read alot about what to eat and have my diet right

In the gym I use both free weights and machines

I do Pull ups, chin ups, bicep curls, tricep kick backs, bench press, incline and decline as well, lat pull down, oblique machine thing, crunches leg raises, tricep dips, leg extension and curl, a machine for my calfs

most things I do 6-8 reps and for abs its around 15 reps

I also play a good bit of sport as in rugby and hurling and do some cycling and running after gym sessions

one of my goals is to get a six pack ( for June/July) but I want to get as big as possible before I need to cut so how long should I bulk for? And then cut?

Should I change my routine? and how about reps what should i be doing?
    and advice in general?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Basic compound movements listed in the video, there's shed loads on this forum about stronglifts and starting strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

squod wrote: »
    Basic compound movements listed in the video, there's shed loads on this forum about stronglifts and starting strength.

someone else can link up the article i did on maximum muslce and maximum muscle nutrition if you wish as they explain what training and food you need to eat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 1992kingsley

sorry took ages to reply

thanks for the video and help:)

i started squating and deadlifting ( was doing pull and chin ups before)

i have done 3 days squats at 3 sets

starting at 40kg x 10(day 1) then 80kg x 6(day 2) and back down to 60kg x 10(day 3) to make sure form is good:)

Did deadlifts 2 days
    day 1 40kg by 10
    day 2 85kg by 10
    all 3 sets

thanks again for the help

Advertisement