Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WELL DONE

Options
  • 03-12-2010 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Ladies and Gents,

I would like to say well done to the crews of OMAC,SJA,RED Cross and Civil Defence who have been operating in support of the full time emergency services the last few days. As a member of SJA it was great to do some patient transfer work and to drive around the city and see OMAC and redcross units working together. Brilliant stuff well done guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

one word sums it all up....COLD.
    haha it was freezing but was great to get out and do a bit of work and practice our skills some more. my omac phone has been busier then my own personal phone for the last week solid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Indeed, I would like to echo this appreciation of the great job being done by the voluntary services, most prominantly OMAC and Civil Defence in my area.

Also, I can't forget the Gardai, HSE crews, Fire Brigades and Defence Forces who have a tough job of it at the moment and deserve all the support they can get.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I actually want to echo the sentiments of this thread. I just caught the Six One news and had no idea you guys were hit that bad. Well done to all the vols for putting in long hours and hard work where it's badly needed. It's inspiring to see people give their time freely to help others in a time of need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

have put in nearly 20 hours over last 3 days and am shattered from being out in the ambo though at least I've a day of rest tomorrow.

Then Sunday Im in the JVCC centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Cold it was, but satisfying. For example, getting a dialysis patient facing a weekend in hospital home in time for dinner and the Late Late on Friday night, and reaching a remote farmhouse to transport a very sick baby to hospital.

Well done all, be proud of yourselves for helping your communities at a time of crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Well done everyone we did ourselves proud i reckon. Has been a tough few days but well worth it

blondie7 wrote: »
    Well done everyone we did ourselves proud i reckon. Has been a tough few days but well worth it

sure what have you done all week you've just sat in a 4 x 4 :p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

miju wrote: »
    sure what have you done all week you've just sat in a 4 x 4 :p:p:p:p:p

Oh your SOOOOOOOOOO Funny :mad:

blondie7 wrote: »
    Oh your SOOOOOOOOOO Funny :mad:

I know you'll have to listen to more ****ty put downs when we're out later on too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cliff Hanger

Really great to see everyone pulling together to get the job done. Well done to all involved!

p.s. Don't forget the Coast Guard units that are assisting the HSE and DFB also with their 4x4's! Heard that there's been quite a number of units helping out with transport when needed. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Guys, I'm sure that the rest of us in SJA will agree with me when I say that we really appreciate the hospitality given to us, IRC and CD when "hosting" us in their HQ during the last few days.

It was a pleasure to work alongside the other organisations in assisting the HSE and Hospitals.

Guys, give yourselves a clap on the back whether you crewed an Ambulance or staffed the JVCC.

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Guys, I'm sure that the rest of us in SJA will agree with me when I say that we really appreciate the hospitality given to us, IRC and CD when "hosting" us in their HQ during the last few days.

It was a pleasure to work alongside the other organisations in assisting the HSE and Hospitals.

Guys, give yourselves a clap on the back whether you crewed an Ambulance or staffed the JVCC.

Was lovely having ya, have to say had great craic in the JVCC with all the other orgs and we all worked well together I'd think.

Myself and blondie7 have been switching between 4x4s , ambos and the JVCC for the last 5 days and it's been really tiring at times but really good fun too.

Advertisement