Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate your belief in the following conspiracy theories

Options
  • 02-12-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

If you had even the slightest belief in any of the following conspiracies, how much would you believe each of them. Here is mine;

Global Warming Swindle - 40%

The Moon Landing Hoax - 10%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 50%

JFK Assasination - 100%

Elvis is still alive - 0%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 1%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Global Warming Swindle - 70% (mostly the fact that it's being monitised and blown out for proportion for that reason.. I do believe that climate change is real)

The Moon Landing Hoax - 0%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0% ('plot' is a bit much.. failure to stop it and subsequent refusal to admit that they knew something was about to happen is another; I'd put at 40%)

JFK Assasination - 5%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 0%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Nice idea for a thread :)

Global Warming - 50% (i really dont remember enough on what i had looked into on this one)

Moon landing hoax - 80% (if i was pushed,but still kind of unsure at that lol)

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 90% (it was just much too handy for what they needed and created so much bussiness id nearly say 100% if i didnt like to leave some doubt)

JFK assasination 100% ( take your pick from the CT's on that one i just believe there was a conspiracy within the gov/politics/bussiness to kill him)

Elvis is still alive - 0.5% (you just never know :P )

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 10% (il give the aliens a bit more benefit of the doubt because they are soon to be our masters and i dont want to look disrespectful)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Global Warming Swindle - 99.9999999%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 15%

JFK Assasination - 80%

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Global Warming Swindle - 5% - Even if it IS, I feel it can only help the planet to use it's resources more intelligently

The Moon Landing Hoax - 10% - The US did have a lot to gain from it but so far all the 'evidence' claiming it a hoax can be explained away

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 100% - No doubt some dodge was going on, as to the level of how deep Idk

JFK Assasination - 100% - CIA probably

Elvis is still alive - 0% - Even if he was, who gives a flick?

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 5% - Doubt there are aliens but there was deffo some interesting experiments going on there since WW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Global Warming Swindle - 75%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0%

JFK Assasination - 50%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Global Warming Swindle - 100% - Climate change has been happening since the dawn of time on Earth so it's like saying the Earth is running out of oxygen and then finding ways of charging people to breath.

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 100% - False flag attack in my view.

JFK Assasination - 0% - Dunno, never bothered much to read or watch anything about it, couldn't care either way.

Elvis is still alive - 0% - Couldn't care less.

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 0% - It depends though, define UFO ? Do I believe there are aliens/alien tech there ? No. Do I believe there are advanced miltary aircraft etc., there ? Yes. So in the sense of a UFO being alien then it stays at 0% but in the sense of UFO's being man made then 100% believe a lot of the UFO sightings in the area there originate from Area 51.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Global Warming Swindle - 50%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 89%

JFK Assasination - 50%

Elvis is still alive - 100%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Global Warming Swindle - 85%

The Moon Landing Hoax - 2%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 96%

JFK Assasination - 90%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 68%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Global Warming Swindle - 60%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 99%

JFK Assasination - 100%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Global Warming Swindle - 95%

The Moon Landing Hoax - 85%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 95%

JFK Assasination - meh

Elvis is still alive - 5%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 85%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Setanta1974

Global Warming - 70%

Moon landing hoax - 50%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 90%

JFK assasination 100%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - Don't know enough about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Global Warming - 80% (It's about raising revenue more than anything else)

Moon landing hoax - 65%(I believe elements of it are faked)

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 100% (I believe this was to plunder the middle east and strip away civil rights of people)

JFK assasination 100%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 80% (I reckon advanced aircraft are being teated here)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Global Warming Swindle - Depends on what you mean. Are people manipulating the situation for their own ends - 100%
    Is the planet warming. - 90% yes

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0% Though they might have known something about it and were inept or calculating.

JFK Assasination - 0%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 0% Though likely to be some advanced planes etc there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Global Warming Swindle - 40%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0%

JFK Assasination - 25%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Global warming swindle 70%

Moon Landing Hoax 1%

9/11 Plot 50%

JFK Assasination 50%

Elvis....oh please!

Roswell 99% (this one I am convinced of done my research enough to know of a big cover up)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭todolist

Global Warming- 100% (It's a scam to tax and control people)
    Moon landing---0% Total nonsense
    US government plot 9/11 --0% Governments screw up everything.They couldn't plot and carry out something so audacious against their own nation.
    President Kennedy murder--80% I believe it was the CIA.He was going to smash that organization into a thousand pieces after the Bay of Pigs fiasco.They got him before he got them.
    Elvis---0% total nonsense
    UFO cover up---0% pure fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 symboybot

I don't subscribe to any of these conspiracies other than the JFK Assassination conspiracy which I believe in 100 %. I might be tempted to give “the Roswell cover-up” a 2% possibility rating though, because, . . . . you never know.

I do think, however, that some of the more ridiculous conspiracies (such as 9/11) have been put out purposefully as a form of disinformation (a tried and true CIA technique), mainly to muddy the waters and convince everyone that all conspiracies are patently untrue, that they are part of a forty-three year long effort to convince Americans that the Kennedy assassination conspiracy does not exist and is "just another crazy conspiracy theory like all those others".
    There exists many examples of disinformation campaigns within the halls of "black ops" operations within the CIA, ONI (Office of Naval Intelligence), and FBI. In addition, national media assets willingly participated in a media cover-up and suppression of evidence, such as NBC, owned by RCA in 1963, which in turn was one of the biggest war-profiteer corporations during the Viet Nam War (which President Kennedy was going to end in1964), Time magazine (whose publisher, Henry Luce, was an agent for the CIA and personal friends with the then CIA director, Allen Dulles) and CBS (whose president, William Paley allowed CBS to become the CIA's most valuable broadcasting asset, and was used by the CIA to provide "employment" cover for numerous CIA employees, and who co-operated readily with any CIA requests, news-plants, or disinformation campaigns.
    Some of the most outrageous JFK assassination conspiracy theories were also put out in the public media by operatives of those same intelligence organizations, so they could later be "disproved" and therefore cause people to doubt all conspiracy allegations - a classic example of the "straw man" technique. Put up patently and provably untrue contentions, then disprove them and follow through by claiming that thus the only real "truth" is the pile of crap called the Warren Commission Report. Another example of the disinformation technique was the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) report, whose original Chief Council, Richard Sprague was fired because he was butting heads with the CIA over wanting to overrule secrecy oaths of CIA members and require them to testify under oath and under threat of potential charges of contempt of Congress for lying, and who was subsequently fired and replaced by G. Robert Blakey, who shepherded the Committee to the conclusion that there was probably a conspiracy, but that it involved only the mafia and not the CIA or any elements of the US intelligence community (conveniently). This fall back position (from the earlier Warren Commission Report) allowed for a "limited hang-out" conspiracy of the mafia, but still protected the military-industrial-intelligence communities' involvements from exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Global Warming Swindle - 0%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 50%
    (I believe Mossad was in bed with them on this one)

JFK Assasination - 100%

9If Elvis was still alive he would be scratching the lid on his coffin :D.

Ill add a few extra ones:
    The EU is the 4th Reich 100%

The second Irish Lisbon Yes vote poll counting was tampered with. 100%

The financial crisis was deliberately orchestrated and the EU IMF elite 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

Global Warming Swindle - 50%

The Moon Landing Hoax - ??%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 100%

JFK Assasination - 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Hmm, lot of good thinking there , on various c.t. s.
    But that so many do not realise that the King is still with us is strange, perhaps ye have been sprayed with some form of Nerve Gas, which clearly makes ye unreceptive to the obvious,
    Now the question is ,who controlled the Nerve gas? and why? and who paid him/

this gets deeper

Rugbyman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Global Warming Swindle - 95%

The Moon Landing Hoax - 50%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 91%

JFK Assasination - 100%

UFO cover-up at Area - 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

*Global Warming Swindle - 75%

*The Moon Landing Hoax - 0%

*The US Government plotting 9/11 - 50%

It's seems to me almost impossible that NORAD was that poor

*JFK Assasination - 90%

I've read a lot about the late 50's/60's era cold war CIA, Vietnam and Amercian politics; almost impossible with what is known to not believe in a cover up here. The house of assiniations commitee essentially admits it.
    Lets not forget his brother either.

*Elvis is still alive - 0%

*UFO cover-up at Area - 0% - don't now much about the history apart form the usual garb presented in movies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,333 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Global Warming Swindle - 100%

The Moon Landing Hoax - 70%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 70%

JFK Assasination - 100%

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Global Warming Swindle - 50% could be argued that it is a useful revenue generating scheme for the govt. in times of financial crisis. 23m being spent by our own govt to 'combat' this measure makes me sceptical too!

The Moon Landing Hoax
    - 90% The fact that it happened at the infancy of the TV age (picture manipulation), and that it was more about one upmanship to the big bad Russians then for altruistic reasons.
    Encouraged an unhealthy superiority complex for the average American.

The US Government plotting 9/11
    - 75% Only so far as the vested interests of rich Saudis and the 'special relationship' with Israel made Saddam the perfect scapegoat, but also for the US hands to be tied pre 9/11. Though I doubt Bush and Cheney shed any real tears in private on that awful day.

JFK Assasination - 100% The man was too independent minded. He was determined to end segregation, promote housing rights, conflicts with the Bay of Pigs invasion - in other words against the script. Also, his speech a few weeks before his death warning of the existence of secret societies mustn't have gone down well in certain circles. LBJ, after JFK's death, gave the go ahead for Vietnam and business as usual.

Elvis is still alive
    - 0% No, plus he had become a good friend of the US government in his final years - see the Nixon handshake!

UFO Cover Up -
    50% I suppose the question I find perplexing after these years, is what exactly would the authorities have to fear from UFO’s descending? Would they bring a new form of enlightenment to us shielded humans, or cause widespread panic like countless movies suggest?

Anyway, nice idea for a thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BoredGuy

The Moon Landing Hoax - 5%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 90%

JFK Assasination - 100%

Elvis is still alive - 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Global Warming Swindle - 50% Depends, global warming is obviously happening, we are most likely influencing it, but i think there are too many vested interests deliberately obscuring the truth on both sides.

The Moon Landing Hoax - 100% I believe we would struggle to put a man on the moon now, 50 years ago not a hope! I have more computing power in my phone than the whole of nasa had then, my phone is not capable of running a lunar mission!

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0% A blind eye may well have been turned, but actually plotting, no! On the subject though, i don't believe a plane hit the pentagon. I don't think a sparrow could land on the pentagon without being caught on camera, a jumbo jet, i don't think so!

JFK Assasination - 20% Hard to know, there's a lot of crackpot americans out there!

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 10% It's very doubtfull, why wouldn't their buddies come and get them if they crash landed? And if the airforce somehow managed to shoot down an alien craft surely they would be opening themselves up to a world of trouble. I am however 99% certain that intelligent aliens do exist somewhere but as to whether they can visit us, or will ever be able to, i'm not convinced. The distances are just too huge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

1. Global Warming Swindle - 20%

2. The Moon Landing Hoax - 1%

3. The US Government plotting 9/11 - 80%

4. JFK Assasination - 100%

5. Elvis is still alive - 0%

6. UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 0%

1. Global warming is real, it is happening no doubt. BUT the big question is what is being done? More is being done to make money and benefit from Global Warming though taxation (Carbon tax and whatnot) than what is being done to reduce the effects of it. Countries in Europe, America and most of the temperate world will not be effected much by global warming. Infact most would welcome a warmer climate. Its the poorer tropical countries which are going to be effected severely. Especially countries with an arid/semi-arid climate whose sole livelihood depends on the rain irrigating the land to be able to grow crops. If the rain cycle is disruped (by global warming) the crops will not grow, there will be severe drought and people will die (as they are right now). But then again these are the poor mostly African people and no one gives a **** about them!!

2. It is evident humans have been on the moon no doubt. Could they have filmed the first lunar landing on a set? Plausible. Maybe they didn't want people to witness the full extent of what happened on the surface of the moon. Still it doesn't hold much.

3. 9/11 was an inside job. The question is how much were the US government involved in it and how much was done to prevent/let it happen.
    Two theories. One the planes were flown into the buildings through ground remote control by the US government to find an excuse for going to war.
    Mostly likely very few, only the top elite, know about this and conducted it while the rest were made to believe it was a genuine terrorist attack.

Second theory. Terrorists did fly into the buildings, US top officials had full knowledge of this and let it happen.
    Either way, it was made excellent use of to go to war.

4. JFK Assasination definitely conducted by the government/banking elite. Evidence really doesn't stack upto what the government said happened. Also a lot of evidence JFK was working on abolishing the Fractional Reserve Banking system which would end the elite Banker's monopoly over the US economy.

5. He's dead. Get over it!!

6. UFO's don't exist. Probably some secret military experiments which the government don't want public to know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Global Warming Swindle - 50% - I'm still not fully sold on this. I believe humanity is having a detrimental effect on the planet, but not as much as is being claimed. And there are parties on both sides of the argument that are trying to profit from it one way or the other.

The Moon Landing Hoax - 5% - Although I believe man has been on the moon, I wuoldn't be surprised if one or two of the flights were faked in order to keep ahead of the space race. Although, I find it unlikely.

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0% - I don't think the US planned it, but as said above, I'd think them guilty of negligence and it could of been averted, or possibly just postponed.

JFK Assasination - 20% - I think Oswald was the shooter, but I think that with all of JFK's enemies, a lone nut gunman is a little convenient. It's totally within the realms of possibility, but I have a nagging doubt.

Elvis is still alive - 0% - Although I do like the thought of him and JFK battling a mummy in an old folks home.

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 100% - Not that there's aliens there, but that there was experimental aircraft being tested there. I doubt there still is as the place is too popular now. It makes more sense to just keep up the charade to stop people looking at other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Global Warming Swindle - 0% -You don't get a scientific consensus on much, so when you do, it's time to pay attention.

The Moon Landing Hoax - 0% - tbh - hard to know why some hang on to the suspicions.

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 0% - SNAFU trumps conspiracy every time.

JFK Assasination - 2% - It my well have looked kind of convenient, but there's no evidence to support the various theories.

Elvis is still alive - 0% - Deader than a dead thing.

UFO cover-up at Area 51 - 100% - As long as those UFO's didn't involve ET. I'd imagine it's still being used for the same purpose - the rubberneckers are a long way down the road. And it's as isolated a spot as you'll get in the US.[/QUOTE]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭quasar2010

The Moon Landing Hoax - 99%

The US Government plotting 9/11 - 100%

JFK Assasination - 100%

UFO cover-up at Area - 0%

Advertisement