Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Animals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I am not talking specifically about animals eating contaminated flesh, or zombies catching animals and pasing it to them. Rather, I am asking what if the animals caught it first (like rage in 28 days) and if they could pass it on (instead of just passing it among themselves), then what animal would we be most under threat from? If fish, for example, could infect us, then we would have very little to worry about.

As said earlier, I agree that there are very few animals that can be a zombie and at same time pass it on. But they can be carriers, and can infect humans , so we can become zombies regardless of the status of the animal (carrier or tru zombie).
    my point exactly mate although re-reading my other posts i can see why it sounded like zombie birds/dogs/cats talk i just meant as carriers of the disease in that case although i do still think its not entirely unlikely that every animal could be catagorised as either un-infectible or quickly killed by the disease

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Bacchus wrote: »
    Interesting. If a mosquito fed off a zombie and later fed off a living human, could the zombie virus be transmitted! :eek:

Now that's a worry!

I think the point made earlier about the virus not having enough life cycles to mutate is a good one, and makes all the talk of super-pigs post Z-Day near redundant.

If I had to order zombie animals to be afraid of...

Insects
    Rats
    Birds
    Cats
    Dogs
    Cattle

Simply because insects are everywhere, as are rats. If it only takes a bite to infect you're looking at whatever animal it's hardest to protect against. You'd see a cow a mile away and take his big head right out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Now that's a worry!

I think the point made earlier about the virus not having enough life cycles to mutate is a good one, and makes all the talk of super-pigs post Z-Day near redundant.

If I had to order zombie animals to be afraid of...

Insects
    Rats
    Birds
    Cats
    Dogs
    Cattle

Simply because insects are everywhere, as are rats. If it only takes a bite to infect you're looking at whatever animal it's hardest to protect against. You'd see a cow a mile away and take his big head right out of the game.

It's probably been spoken about before but mosquitos and other animals wouldn't feed on a Z because they're are toxic, and even if they did they would they virus would simply kill it since the virus is structured to regenerate within a human

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    It's probably been spoken about before but mosquitos and other animals wouldn't feed on a Z because they're are toxic, and even if they did they would they virus would simply kill it since the virus is structured to regenerate within a human
    Viruses usually don' live to long outside the hosts body either. So the blood may not be infectious even if the mosquito didn't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ScumLord wrote: »
    Viruses usually don' live to long outside the hosts body either. So the blood may not be infectious even if the mosquito didn't die.

I dunno, how do all those other diseases spread then...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ScumLord wrote: »

Malaria, Dengue, Ross river and Karelian fever are all carried by Mozzies.

the question is, would the Virus mutate the Mozzie into an undead <Shudders> ZoMoZ that would suddenely want to eat other Mozzies instead of humans, cos in a situation like that it could be a useful disease, so long as it didnt Cross contaminate other species of Creature, particularly Humans :eek:

I suppose the virus hasn't really left the human body as far as it knows, as it's still in human blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 greyan

Actually, I'm very scared about zombie. SO, I can't imagine about this kinda any zombie animal or mosquito.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Zombie Ants. :eek:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41876947/ns/technology_and_science-science/

Sure, they don't eat human flesh...yet....

This has been spoken about in large detail before.
    it's horrifying, but lets hope it wont become sofisticated enough to infect humans

• Advertisement

the question is, would the Virus mutate the Mozzie into an undead <Shudders> ZoMoZ that would suddenely want to eat other Mozzies instead of humans, cos in a situation like that it could be a useful disease, so long as it didnt Cross contaminate other species of Creature, particularly Humans :eek:
    One problem with a flying creature being infected is that they probably wouldn't have the coordination to fly any more making them much less affective as a disease spreader compared to the living version of themselves.

Shuffling Z's barely have enough co-ordination to walk, and mosquitos are already stupid :P

oh god..... we never thought about sprinters! what about stronger faster versions of animals!

ANTS CAN ALREADY CARRY OVER 20 TIMES THEIR WEIGHT!
    we are so screwed........ :P

Actually, I watched this really awful zombie movie a few weeks ago - can't for the life of me think of the name it was that bad, but there was a college or frat house involved - and one of the military guys got bit by a mosquito and he got infected. It's the only scene from the movie I remember; I don't even know how the mosquito was a carrier.

pfft! you don't believe everything you see in movies or read in books do you? HAHA!
    thats almost like setting up a forum with people believing in the existance of beings such as vampires or something!

pfft! you don't believe everything you see in movies or read in books do you? HAHA!
    thats almost like setting up a forum with people believing in the existance of beings such as vampires or something!

Hey, I said it was an awful movie. I'd only have believed it if it had been wicked good. :p And anyway, I think I'd be more afraid of the zombie ants that could carry me away to their home for a feast.

I'm afraid of ants full stop :(

what happens if they grow big?! if they were the size of a human they could lift a speed boat :O

wankin bankers!
    dunno if that'll *** or not :P

I'm afraid of ants full stop :(

what happens if they grow big?! if they were the size of a human they could lift a speed boat :O

wankin bankers!
    dunno if that'll *** or not :P
    There used to be giant insects millions of years ago. Earth had a higher oxygen content in it's atmosphere that allowed them to grow very big (one or two feet at most I think). Unless we go back to that really high oxygen atmosphere there's no chance of them getting much bigger than they are, there's also a physical restriction to how big they can get because they have an exoskeleton.

You can sleep easy.

Advertisement