Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Glasses

Options
  • 02-12-2010 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

3D glasses, are you for or against them?
    I'm against them because there is better technology!
    Maybe I should make a poll...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Well at the moment 3D technology is pretty useless without them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Real 3D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

they make me feel so geeky!!

me & glasses = :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Be a bit of a waste of money going to see a 3D Film without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

They really do seem to polarise opinion. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I dont mind but iv often forgotten to take them off and went around town with them on... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Against. They are mighty uncomfortable to wear over regular glasses. I hate all glasses. 'cept sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

They're annoying for the first few minutes but from then on, it's plain sailing. If 3-D glasses are in the name of the greater good, I have no objections.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Well at the moment 3D technology is pretty useless without them.

not true, the new Nintendo 3DS doesnt use them and early reports say the depth of field is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

3D contact lenses is were it's at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

3D technology in real life. Otherwise referred to as; real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Someone told me they make your eyes cross-eyed in order to see the 3-Dness. IDK if it's true or not but it's kinda scared me from using them..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

There is 3D TV's now that don't require the glasses. Though the viewing angle is a bit crap currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Don't like them because I can't see through both eyes at the same time even though both are open. Major left eye dominant issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I haven't seen a 3d movie yet so I don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

smk89 wrote: »
    I haven't seen a 3d movie yet so I don't know

I'll let the good Doctor explain what you are missing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I've lost most of the sight in my right eye so I'm also very left eye dominant.
    Went to see avatar and it still looked nice and three dimensional.
    Not sure I could see myself putting on 3d glasses to watch the news though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

All for them if they make boobies bigger.

For now I'll stick to beer that makes ugly women look like models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Bit annoying having to wear another pair of glasses over another :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

I'll let the good Doctor explain what you are missing

Aah I see, wake me up when they create the matrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Real 3D?
    yea i heard about that, its a new thing being developed in hollywood. i think they're gonna be called "plays"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mousey- wrote: »
    yea i heard about that, its a new thing being developed in hollywood. i think they're gonna be called "plays"

Can't see that catching on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Someone told me they make your eyes cross-eyed in order to see the 3-Dness. IDK if it's true or not but it's kinda scared me from using them..

It's true. Also, the earth is flat and these 'moving pictures' are actually demons trapped inside a thin screen.

'Tis the devil's work! :eek:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

No interest in them, sure isn't HD more than enough really.This 3D rubbish is the usually marketing bullsh1t landed on all of us. Suddenly our HD TV's are no longer good enough, oh ya have to buy a 3D TV now! - fcuk off. Off course 3 - 4 years
    into owning a 3D TV, the industry will start shoving holographic TV's down our throats and restart the whole cycle again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It is a phase that Hollywood goes through every now and again. 3D has been and gone many times previously. It is far too expensive to have 3D in your home, especially if there is a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Went to see Avatar in 3d...I wear glasses myself and I was even freaked out walking into the cinema and seeing everyone wearing glasses...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Don't think the glasses phase is going to last - but the new tech sony are showing off (holographic-esque without the glasses) is definitely something to keep an eye on. I can see the 3DS pushing 3DTV sales in a massive way, too. Hopefully some decent non-glasses TVs will be making a decent push into the market around this time too.. can't stand how stupid people look with those glasses on. A pub in waterford always shows sky sports 3D matches. Looks ridiculous, walking in and everyone's wearing dark shades. It's like a pervert convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gravityisalie

Don't like them because I can't see through both eyes at the same time even though both are open. Major left eye dominant issue.

same here !

down with 3D!

• Advertisement

No interest in them, sure isn't HD more than enough really.This 3D rubbish is the usually marketing bullsh1t landed on all of us. Suddenly our HD TV's are no longer good enough, oh ya have to buy a 3D TV now! - fcuk off. Off course 3 - 4 years
    into owning a 3D TV, the industry will start shoving holographic TV's down our throats and restart the whole cycle again.

Its called progress, Sure weren't people perfectly pleased when they had radio's the size of washing machines and "sure what do we want with them televisions there only trying to get more money out of me, (which they are but if the product is getting better there has to be a price)". Like it or not if everybody had this mentality we would never be where we are.

Advertisement