Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin buses canceled?

Options
  • 01-12-2010 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I just heard that the buses are canceled?

can anyone confirm this , since the Dublin bus site is down

Comments

I was literally on the DB site five minutes ago and apart from some curtailments, they are running as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

I was literally on the DB site five minutes ago and apart from some curtailments, they are running as normal.

thanks

all Im getting on their site
    is

503 Service Unavailable

Resources to service this request are not available.

This message is sent by Blue Coat PacketShaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I got CityLink from Galway up last night at 1:15 and GoBus back down at 7:15 this morning. The roads didn't seem that bad. I think the south-east of the country might be worse though..

oops - not Dublin Bus.. nevermind!

Yeh I'm getting the same message also but it was working fine up to very recently as I was checking the 45/a for a girl in work :)

edit:
    back working now with some extra curtailments
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Weather-Disruptions

pdf added. Correct as of 13.45 according to the site

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Managed to get onto the site there. As of 13:45 :

Routes Diversion
    1 Operating as normal
    2 Southbound, the Route is operating via the Strand Rd, Sydney Parade Ave to Merrion Rd. Operate back via Merrion Gates, Strand Rd to Irishtown. Unable to serve Sandymount Village or St John's Church..
    3 Northbound, operating via nutley Lane, Merrion Gates, Strand Rd, to Irishtown to the City. Unable to serve Larkhill, operating on the Swords Road, terminating at Omni Shopping Centre. Southbound, the Route is operating via the Strand Rd, Sydney Parade Ave. Unable to serve Sandymount Village.
    Terminating at Blackrock (Frascatti). Unable to serve Stradbrook Rd.

5 Operating as normal
    7 Unable to serve Loughlinstown, operating to Cherrywood only. On the inbound journey, unable to serve Blackrock Village.
    7a Unable to serve Mackintosh Park. Terminating at Rochestown Ave (The Graduate Pub).
    7b Operating as normal
    7d Operating as normal
    8 Operating as normal
    11/a Operating as normal
    11b Operating as normal
    13/a Operating on the main Ballymun Road only, unable to serve Balbutcher, Sillogue, Coultry, Shangan, terminating as normal in IKEA..
    14 Operating as normal
    14a Unable to serve Milltown Road/Dropping Well , operating on Route 14.
    15 Operating as normal
    15a Operating as normal
    15b Terminating at Taylor's Lane
    15e Operating as normal
    15f Operating as normal
    16 Operating as normal
    16a Operating as normal
    17 Operating as normal
    17a Operating as normal
    18 Terminating at RDS.
    19 Unable to serve Tolka Estate.
    19a Operating as normal
    20b Terminating at Artane castle, unable to serve Maryfield Drive.
    25 Operating as normal
    25a Unable to serve Foxborough.
    25b Unable to serve Foxborough.
    25x Operating as normal
    26 Operating as normal
    27 Unable to serve the Loop through Darndale, operating on the Malahide Rd only.
    27b Unable to serve Castletimon. operating via Dundaniel Rd/Killbarron Rd.
    27x Operating as normal
    29a Unable to serve St Annes Estate
    31 Terminating at Howth Harbour, unable to serve Hill of Howth.
    31b Terminating at Howth Harbour, unable to serve Hill of Howth.
    32/b Operating as normal
    32a
    Operating as normal

32x Operating as normal
    33 Operating as normal
    33a Operating as normal
    33b Terminating outside Portrane hospital, unable to access hospital grounds.
    33d Operating as normal
    33x Operating as normal
    37 Unable to serve Skreen Road, Blackhorse Ave, operating on the current Route 39 routing.
    38 Operating as normal
    38a Operating as normal
    39 Operating as normal
    39a Operating as normal
    40/a Unable to serve Finglas South, operating from N2 slip road and on to Mellowes Road.
    40d Operating via Mellowes Road. Unable to serve Finglas South, the corporate park or Tyrellstown outbound, Tyrellstown OK inbound.
    41 Operating as normal
    41b Unable to serve Rolestown. Terminating in Swords Manor
    41c Operating as normal
    41x Operating as normal
    42 Terminating at Sands Hotel, operating via Coast Rd only. Unable to serve Wendel Ave or Seamount.
    42a/b Unable to serve Edenmore, Harmondstown or McAuley, operating via Malahide Rd, terminating at Darndale Roundabout.
    43 Operating as normal
    44 Terminating in Kilternan. Unble to serve Enniskerry or Ballyogan.
    44b Terminating at Blue Church, Kilternan.
    45 Terminating at Bray Station. Unable to serve Clonkeen Rd/Deans Grange Rd. Operating via N11 to Mount Merrion Ave.
    45a Terminating at Bray Station. Unable to serve Killarney Lane.
    46a Operating as normal
    46e Operating as normal
    47 Operating from Leopardstown roundabout only.
    48a Operating as normal
    49 Unable to serve Ballycullen, operating via Firhouse Rd and Firhouse Rd West.
    49a Unable to serve Ballycullen, operating via Firhouse Rd and Firhouse Rd West.
    50 Unable to serve Killinarden Estate, Mayberry Road or Kilnamanagh.
    51 Operating as normal
    51b
    Unable to serve Bawnogue, operating via Nangor Rd. Unable to serve Woodford/Cherrywood, operating via Monastery Rd.

51c Unable to serve Woodford/Cherrywood, operating via Monastery Rd.
    51d Operating as normal
    51x Operating as normal
    53 On North Quays only to/from The Point.
    53a On North Quays only to/from The Point.
    54a Unable to serve Fortfield Road, terminating at Marlfield Roundabout.
    56/a Unable to serve Kingswood Heights. Operating via Ballymount Road, Embankment Road and Belgard Road, terminating outside The Square, Tallaght.
    59 Terminating in Dalkey, operating between Dalkey and Dun Laoghaire only.
    63 Unable to serve Kilternan, Ballyogan Estate or Glenamuck, terminating at Cornelscourt.
    65 Terminating at Blessington
    65b Unable to serve Killinarden Estate.
    66 Operating as normal
    66a Unable to serve Captains Hill, operating to Lousia Bridge.
    66b Operating as normal
    66x Operating as normal
    67 Operating as normal
    67x Operating as normal
    68 Unable to serve Baldonnel.
    69 Operating as normal
    69x Operating as normal
    70 Operating as normal
    74 Unable to serve Stocking Avenue or Upper Ballycullen Road, operating via Lower Ballycullen Rd, Killinney Rd and terminating at Scholarstown Road.
    74a Unable to serve Stocking Avenue, terminating at Scholarstown Road.
    75 Terminating outside The Square, Tallaght.
    76 Unable to serve New Rd, Clondalkin. Operating via Convent Rd/Fonthill Rd. Terminating outside The Square, Tallaght.
    76a Unable to serve New Rd, Clondalkin. Operating via Convent Rd/Fonthill Rd.
    76b Unable to serve New Rd, Clondalkin. Operating via Convent Rd/Fonthill Rd.
    77 Operating as normal
    77a Operating as normal
    77x Operating as normal
    78/a Unable to serve Neillstown and Fonthill Road. Operating from Power City to Liffey Valley. Unable to serve Bridge St, Thomas St & Killmainham
    79/a Operating on Ballyfermot Road to Cherry Orchard Hospital only. Unable to serve Decies Rd.
    83 Operating via Rathgar, Terenure Road West, KCR and Kimmage Road to Sundrive Road and then back on to normal routing.
    84 Terminating at Bray Station.
    84x Terminating at Southern Cross Rd, unable to serve Newcastle, Kilcoole or Greystones
    90 Operating as normal
    102 Operating as normal
    104 Operating as normal
    111 Operating as normal
    114 Operating to Kilcross only.
    116 Operating as normal
    118 Operating as normal
    120 Unable to serve Dowth Ave, operating via Carnlough Rd (Route 122).
    121 Unable to serve QuarryRoad, operating via Carnlough Rd (Route 122). Unable to serve Francis St, operating via Patricks St.
    122 Unable to serve Ashington, terminating on the Navan Rd at the Halfway House .
    123 Unable to serve Marino, operating via Phillipsburgh Ave
    128 Terminating at Clare Hall Rd (Donaghmede Roundabout), unable to serve Clongriffin. Terminating at Kellys Corner, unable to serve Palmerston Park and Rathmines.
    130 Terminating at Clontarf Depot, unable to serve Castle Ave.
    140 Operating as normal
    142 Operating as normal
    145 Terminating at Bray Station.
    150 Unable to serve Rossmore, terminating at Wellington Roundabout.
    151 Not serving East Rd, terminating at Docklands Rail Station.
    161 Unable to serve Whitechurch, operate via Taylor's Lane
    184 Cancelled
    185 Cancelled.
    210 Operating as normal
    220 Unable to serve Finglas South.
    236 Operating as normal
    238 Unable to serve Tyrellstown.
    239 Unable to serve Lucan Village, Operating via the bypass, M50.
    270 Operating as normal
    747 Operating as normal
    748 Operating as normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

that update is old though. it was done at 1345. seems like there is a lot of news around saying that all buses are cancelled until further notice but no word from dublin bus :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

the problem is that all information seems to be from 1.45 however it is only since then that buses have seemingly been pulled

Feckin stupid dublin bus site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

tried to call them and looks like their phone lines are down as well, anybody got anything concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

the problem is that all information seems to be from 1.45 however it is only since then that buses have seemingly been pulled

Feckin stupid Dublin bus site
    yeah got a call to say that they re all pulled in, they couldn't make up the hill near fair-view (annesly bridge I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I got a call from someone saying their bus only went as far as Five Lamps heading northside, she is walking the rest of the way

so it seems there are stoppages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

From LiveDrive on Twitter
    Dublin bus have said they will run after peak times but cannot guarantee that they will get to your destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

just been on the news that buses are cancelled

which news?

yep on twitter too now, buses cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭xalot

98fm are reporting that all buses have been told to pull in until further notice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭xalot

Luas details

Red Line

Passengers please be advised the Luas Red Line is running from The Point to Tallaght.
    Connolly Stop is closed due to adverse weather conditions.
    Green Line

The Green Line is operating from St. Stephen’s Green to Brides Glen.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsDarcy

nooo :( I'm bored studying ..I wanna go home :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

1506 Dublin Bus has advised that there is currently a limited service operating on all routes.

This is due to extreme weather and icy road conditions. This is being further worsened by traffic congestion and slow speeds across the city.

The company is making every effort to maintain a level of service but this is proving very difficult due to the worsening road conditions.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1201/weather_transport_updates_live.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Just rang DB on an internal line.

Drivers have been told to pull in if they think its unsafe......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Not all routes cancelled as far I can hear on Dublin Bus radio, they're asking drivers who feel safe moving to go ahead and try to complete their routes anyone who doesn't feel it's safe to stay where they are. They are not expecting conditions to improve much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

MsDarcy wrote: »
    nooo :( I'm bored studying ..I wanna go home :(

I will echo this sentiment at 17.30!

Feckin' eejit here trying to save the planet, leaves the car at home...

OK, Ok, I was trying to save on parking fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 LameWorldCup

Just had call from somebody leaving Sandyford Ind Estate-the 114 from Blackrock just went past in kilcross direction, and will hopefully be back in a few mins to bring folk to Blackrock and the sweet, sweet Dart!

Bit sensationalist to write 'THEY'RE CANCELED'!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsDarcy

Haha .. I've given up on study along time ago and have spent the last hour looking for a credible source to relieve me of my boredom ..I've two buses to get and I dont want to risk getting caught in town. that or I'm just lazy haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Husband is a db driver out of Ringsend and they were all told to pull in at 2.00 but then told they could move off again at 2.45 so they are not all cancelled completely at them moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

foxy06 wrote: »
    Husband is a db driver out of Ringsend and they were all told to pull in at 2.00 but then told they could move off again at 2.45 so they are not all cancelled completely at them moment anyway.

My bus operates out of ringsend, tell your husband to keep my bus running until i get home Im going now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Ill get him to turn the heating on and all for ya

Have a look at the website now:

http://www.dublinbus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Working on Henry St, the security guard next door called around to them and yeah it's all gone, the crap thing is none of the companies on the street seems to be making a decision to close.

Anyone up for hot whiskeys and deal with getting home at closing time??

• Advertisement

Service Update: 15.30hours

Service Disruptions due to adverse weather conditions.

Wednesday 1st December 2010

Valid Dublin Bus tickets may be used on Irish Rail services.

Dublin Bus wish to advise that there is currently a limited bus service operating. This is due to extreme weather and icy road conditions. This is being further worsened by traffic ongestion and slow speeds across the city.

Dublin Bus is making every effort to maintain a level of services but this is proving very difficult due to the worsening road conditions.

A very limited service currently operating on Routes 7, 13, 15, 16, 19(northside Only) 20, 27, 31, 40, 41, 45, 46a, 65, 65b, 77, 102, 128, 140, 145, 150,

A very limited level of service operating to Tallaght, Ballyfermot, Howth, Malahide, Ballymun, Finglas,

No services currently on the Lucan Road, Blanchardstown, Ranelagh, Ballycullen.

Further updates to follow from Dublin Bus once information becomes available.

From the Dublin Bus website

Advertisement