Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - December 2010

Options
  • 01-12-2010 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

probably 5 cms on the ground in Carlow town and it's still snowing lightly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Roads in D18 are a mess, looks like the salt didn't work. Hard packed snow and you can't see the tarmac. Definitely the worst they've been all week, they were actually better yesterday and the day before.

Wish this snow would just f*** off now and never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭talkabout

Currently -10.6 in Ballybofey, Co Donegal. Cold is the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

-9.1 Here SW Donegal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Another clear frosty morning. -5.8C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

cold and snowing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Really heavy snow falling in greystones right now. Looks wonderful, but I'm starting to get enough of it now (apologies to the weather forum stalwarts)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford update

Snowmageddon! Light breeze; temp -1C (noonish) and it is piling down!:eek:

At least 10cm on top of what was there by this morning; roads are now disappearing under the snow - can't tell roads from footpaths and all the grit/salt from this morning is buried.

Luas still working - just got back from the City Centre; if this starts to drift I wonder?:confused:

Cars now stuck at roadsides; can get them away from kerb with snow up to a third of wheel depth.

Terrible, innit? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

-3c. clear skies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Still snowing lightly, has been for the last few hours, very little impact on depth but preventing any thaw except right outside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Strong sun here and an icy breeze.. blue skies. The lanes are a sheet of ice; there have been two separate crashes at the crossroads here and the local farmers are doing a great job with the big tractors.

Apparently roads from the village into Cork are fine; may yet make it on Sunday by dint of going 5 mph the 4 miles to the village.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Clear blue skies in Galway City.
    Overnight low of -5.3C and temp now -0.5C in a light, chill NNE'ly breeze.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Clear blue sky's,+1 deg,light northerly breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

No fair! We haven't had as much as a flake of snow here in Sligo since Saturday with blue clear sunny skies everyday but still freezing.:mad:

There seems to be clouds building to the west and north west of me. Can anyone in counties Sligo and Donegal confirm if there is any snow in these regions?

Meanwhile the temp has risen to a balmy -1 c :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

-1 here and bright sunshine all day, I can see those clouds from here :D

looks like Ballycastle / Ballina direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

There seems to be clouds building to the west and north west of me. Can anyone in counties Sligo and Donegal confirm if there is any snow in these regions?

Yep really heavy snow showers in Letterkenny today, added about 2 inches in places

Dont think it went above 0 degrees all day cause theres been no thaw whatsoever today, currently -2C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nothing here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

As Rhonin has said, nothing here. However looking out towards Queen Maeve's grave on Knocnarea mountain, there are some very heavy looking clouds building up.

They are sliding past Collooney (totally directionally challanged so can't give an approximate direction, left me compass at home :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

-3C (feels like -11C) with wind chill factor in central Illinois. Had some flurries for most of the morning, will remain cloudy for most of the day and will clear off in the evening making it a chilly night!

-3.8 here at the moment, My weather thermometer is up and running :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,895 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Was that a thunderstorm just now (Lucan, Co. Dublin)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Sandyford update

Still snowing, not as heavy as in the afternoon - real "lake affect" snow.

Temp -1C; light breeze; snow now lying 20cm (or 8" in the old money)

Yes Lucan; some lightening/thunder from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Clear and bitterly cold in Galway City. Temp -4.4C and falling by 0.7C p/hr in a light NNE'ly breeze.

-5.6 here

-5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and bitterly cold in Castlebar -5 from around 6pm onwards.very clear skies.Light NE'LY .1019.

-6.0 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Pangea wrote: »
    -6.0 :)

Only -4.7c and rising! I will not be beaten by Donegal!! :mad::pac: Also a light but penetrating breeze that would cut you in bits. 8mph mean. Windchill effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

Anyone know if its bad along motorway from laois to naas or road from naas to Clane? Need to travel earlyish tomorrow but not looking forward to it one bit...eek.gif

• Advertisement

Only -4.7c and rising! I will not be beaten by Donegal!! :mad::pac:
    Bet your sorry you helped me with the thermometer now arent ya :pac::pac:

Advertisement