Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gay Voice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I've kind of wondered this too, but I think for some people it is definitely learned and other people have just always talked like that. I do know a fair few guys who talked normally, got in with a load of other gay guys and then started talking like them. However, I think that only about like 30/40% have the voice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I know lads who had it as kids (the voice) and grew up to be gay.

I would guess it is a hormonal thing, just as they say a certain part of the brain decides on sexual orientation and is more female hormonally in gay men.

There are crusty voiced gay men, but I would hazard a guess that it is based on the hormonal development of the brain. I doubt its a put on thing, otherwise the kids I knew in school had decided to be gay before they even hit puberty and despite the slagging the school knackers would give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I always thought it was just down to hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Davidius wrote: »
    I always thought it was just down to hormones.

There are people who deliberately camp it up at times.

Advertisement