Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork man gets 3 years suspended for feeding friends cannibas grub and wine!

Options
  • 30-11-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Cork man gets 3 years suspended for feeding friends home grown home made cannibas cookies and wine!!

It's a bleedin' outrage!!!

My friends never cook organic for me!! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The Dope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

why isnt everyone from cork in jail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The Dope.

Like my scrotum, here it is in a nutshell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Shame on whichever friend grassed him up for grassing them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭pavb2

Saw him on the news seemed like a rather jolly person, pass the butter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Undoubtedly one of them thought he could fly after consuming the evil drug but due to weather conditions ended up grounded on the runway at Cork airport where the law caught up with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Op are you sure hes from cork,i mean,giving hes weed away for free,not like them tight fcukers a cork man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭baldbear

He made Cannabis butter and pizza! A deluxe stoner Margeritta sounds nice.

Fair play to him and his entrepreneurship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

He will be welcome to cook inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Christ, people have gotten off easier for murder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Link to the story OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

baldbear wrote: »
    He made Cannabis butter and pizza! A deluxe stoner Margeritta sounds nice.

Fair play to him and his entrepreneurship.

Allegedly, it wasn't a profit making excersise.

True altruism, so they say. :cool:-~ ~ ~

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Who eats cookies while they are drinking wine. :confused:

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Link to the story OP?

oh yes , of course *munches cookie and slugs wine*

I forgot!!! short term mem......mem....em...here you go http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1130/flynnd.html

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

RTE wrote:
    Since the beginning of the year, there have been more than 500 garda raids on DIY cannabis-growing operations.
    Around 70 of these are sophisticated industrial-type grow houses run mainly by organised criminal gangs, but most of the raids have been on drug users who have turned to growing their own due to the economic recession
    All that's really happening here is the guards time is being wasted and the courts time is being wasted as nothing will come out of most of these arrests. It's a suspended sentence so he won't be going to jail it was all just a big money making racket for the legal profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Eh, no.
    It's my body, I decide what goes into it; you don't get to put mind-altering substances into me as a prank.

Pretty basic liberal thinking right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 anathem

Eh, no.
    It's my body, I decide what goes into it; you don't get to put mind-altering substances into me as a prank.

He didn't spike anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Cork man gets 3 years suspended for feeding friends home grown home made cannibas cookies and wine!!

Of course had he SOLD cannabis to knowing willing consenting adults he would probably have got six years not suspended :rolleyes:
    anathem wrote: »
    He didn't spike anyone.
    As the OP hasnt provided a link their post title suggests that he did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

anathem wrote: »
    He didn't spike anyone.

Oh sorry, I misread the OP and didn't see the article link.

Yeah, we should probably legalise it sometime soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Pascal Sheehy reported on the 9pm news that in 2010, 470 people have been arrested for very small home-growing operations. He alluded to it being because of the recession, people are "growing their own".

This news report should be focusing on the wasting of taxpayers money on gardai spending time and resources on arresting hundreds of people for something so harmless and irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Seriously sick of hearing stories like this.

When will they see that 70 years of prohibition has done nothing? Why waste so much money on fighting a losing battle when its only going to get bigger.

Legalising it will cut most of this petty crime that just pisses money away as they can just go and start again after being caught.

When will they see that cannabis is becoming a niche for people. I for one HATE alcohol. I think its more damaging than cannabis but wait, it makes money so lets keep it going.

Tobacco kills, makes money so let it keep going.

Why not Cannabis? Alot of money to be made. But known the fools here they would find someway to mess it up.

Eh, no.

Erm, I get the impression the friends were ...erm....enthusiastically willing...eh....complicit...in the eh....sharing....crime.:cool:

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Of course had he SOLD cannabis to knowing willing consenting adults he would probably have got six years not suspended :rolleyes:
    As the OP hasnt provided a link their post title suggests that he did

Apologies, I did eventually tardily link in post#15 ....but no the title was misleading, there was no suggestion of spiking AFAIK.

*GONG BOOMS*

apologies! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

A suspended sentence? The man should have got an IDA grant ffs........When's his recipe book coming out? It would have made a great Christmas present!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I know it's a suspended sentence, but the very fact that you could get 3 years for that is beyond ridiculous. Look into some real crimes boys, god.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Heh, speaking of Victim Impact statements I want to read....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Seriously sick of hearing stories like this.

When will they see that 70 years of prohibition has done nothing? Why waste so much money on fighting a losing battle when its only going to get bigger.

Legalising it will cut most of this petty crime that just pisses money away as they can just go and start again after being caught.

When will they see that cannabis is becoming a niche for people. I for one HATE alcohol. I think its more damaging than cannabis but wait, it makes money so lets keep it going.

Tobacco kills, makes money so let it keep going.

Why not Cannabis? Alot of money to be made. But known the fools here they would find someway to mess it up.

Cannabis won't be legal until there is a strain that damages people badly and/or causes their early demise while being highly addictive.

That's why alcohol and fags are allowed be sold.

Advertisement