Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HeyMama.ie

Options
  • 29-11-2010 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

www.heymama.ie

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I love the colours. It's so playful and fun. Really works with the theme.

Would you consider placing a phone number on your site? Some people still like to make orders over the phone, or if they have some specific need/query, it is sometimes easier to converse with someone instead of email.

Also, I see that you can unsubscribe from the newsletter, but where can I subscribe for a newsletter? It doesn't seem to be featured anywhere on the site and its good advertisement for you business.

Other than that, the site looks great in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Yes, I'll definitely add a phone number this eve.

You have the option to sign up for the newsletter when you create an account (when checking out). Although, I'm not sure how effective the "enter email to subscribe to newsletter" thing is... personally, I've never used one. I might just move the unsubscribe to another page... I'll look into it.

Thanks a lot lil_lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Don't spam the titles, descriptions and keywords - it works against you.

On the first 2 slides the products have no prices. Do not hide prices.

The shopping cart status could be moved to the top right giving more above the fold area along with search and login functions.

Free Shipping should be prominent on a star badge. Similar with next day delivery (to Ireland).

The contrast on the nav buttons is poor due to the light above and darker below of the menu backgrounds.

Remember contrast is your friend and some of the photos' details are hard to discern (Specials page).

The logo links to the homepage so you don't need the Home button.

I would dump the About us text and move your best selllers into that space.

Tyhe page URLs are bad for SEO as they provide no description info.

Product pages don't need the 'Product Image Item Name- Price ' bar. These are obvious and removing it gets more above the fold area. (Like the Specials page)

Make all email addresses mailtos.

Getting people to register to buy, gives them an extra opportunity to bailout. Registration should be optional.

hth/gl

Many thanks. I'll start fixing these problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

I like the site, but can find these things cheaper elsewhere.;)

• Advertisement

We sell at RRP and never above. Some of our suppliers strongly "suggested" we stick to RRP too so unfortunately we don't have an awful lot of freedom there. The profit margin on these products is quite slim too.

That said, we are working to bring down the prices in other ways. For example, did you see the special offer banner on the site giving a 10% discount code? We also just started a special offer today which I'll be posting on Bargain Alerts shortly: a whopping 20% discount when code RECESSIONBABY is used on checkout. Coupled with our free nationwide delivery on orders over 50 euro, this is basically a cost-price sale!

Thanks for the feedback Benga- it's always welcome.

Advertisement