Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YOU can help..

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

mfceiling wrote: »
    And remember folks when you are round the old people's house it would do no harm to check that their will is in order.
    Especially if they have anything of value.............be a shame if they died and an expensive court battle ensued to fight over the legacy.
    Probably better if it was all left to just one kind sole..........you know like the person who calls around to their elderly neighbours when the snow is here.

That is just WOW... I know after hours can be bad at the best of times, but just WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Balfie wrote: »
    That is just WOW... I know after hours can be bad at the best of times, but just WOW

To be fair...if I was elderly and only one person came to check on me during such weather, I probably would include that person in my will.

Besides, the post is just black humour and quite harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

Just called into 9 separate elderly people on my road, (the area I live in is mature) one needed bread and milk, other than that every one of them were all set. Had a chat and they all seemed in good spirits. Only bad thing is that every one of them invited me in, most hadn't met me before, it was very sweet that they so trusting but at the same time I'm just hoping no one dodgey knocks into them because they'd probably invite them in too:eek:!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Don't forget to call into your neighbours!

I called over to my neighbour with a bowl of stew.
    I had made a big pot anyway.

She was wearing her coat and hat in her house!
    but I've my hat on in my house too! ;)

Stew gratefully received and she was glad of the visit.

It is really cold out there and a lot of your neighbours would be very grateful if you knocked to see if they are ok.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

foxinsox wrote: »
    Don't forget to call into your neighbours!

I called over to my neighbour with a bowl of stew.
    I had made a big pot anyway.

She was wearing her coat and hat in her house!
    but I've my hat on in my house too! ;)

Stew gratefully received and she was glad of the visit.

It is really cold out there and a lot of your neighbours would be very grateful if you knocked to see if they are ok.

:)

Cool and all, but how much did you charge her for the Stew?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Fart wrote: »
    Cool and all, but how much did you charge her for the Stew?

€85 billion.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

To be fair...if I was elderly and only one person came to check on me during such weather, I probably would include that person in my will.

Besides, the post is just black humour and quite harmless.

Didn't Howard Hughes leave his billions to some guy who gave him a lift when he was a homeless beggar looking to hitch a ride out of the desert. Although the will was successfully contested by family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1202/claremorris.html
    The body of a 78-year-old man was found outside his home in Claremorris in Mayo this morning.
    Gardaí are seeking to establish whether his death was linked to severe overnight weather conditions which saw temperatures plunge to -9C.
    The body of the pensioner was discovered this morning at 10.30 on the pathway leading to his home in the Lui na Greine housing estate.
    The man lived alone and had been shopping in Claremorris the previous evening.
    He returned home by taxi at around 9pm and was dropped off outside his gateway.
    A relative found the body of the man outside his hall door, which was locked.
    The remains were taken to Mayo General Hospital in Castlebar.
    Gardaí say there was nothing suspicious about the death and they were keeping an open mind pending the outcome of a post mortem.
    Superintendent Padraig O'Toole appealed to the public to check on elderly neighbours living alone during the current freezing weather conditions.

This story was published today on RTE.ie just try to remember the elderly in your community.

Balfie wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1202/claremorris.html

This story was published today on RTE.ie just try to remember the elderly in your community.

That's awful :(

It's terrible but I don't know who my neighbours are or if any of them are elderly

Advertisement