Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else sick?

Options
  • 29-11-2010 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

I'm feelin like ****e so i'm stayin home under the duvet with some hot whiskeys for the day. Feckin' throat infection.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

bad day for a sickie up here.

But the Weather and roads could justify not being in though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

chest infection, an blocked nose, have a horrible cough, but its what to expect in this sorta weather

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Todays the 1st day since about Thursday where i feel half human. Had an awful head cold and felt all flu-ey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

NO!

<runs off to make snow men and snow angels and write my name in the snow.....NNNNNNGH....dotting the 'I'>

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No, a bit of sniffles and the heating isn't working here at work yet so I'm still dressed like I'm off to the North Pole.

Hmmm, maybe I should start a fire with all this spare equipment lying around, kill 2 birds with 1 stone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Sick as a siht,and a bit of a head cold to go with it.Did the dog on the auld booze this weekend,at least herself cant give out about it she was with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Feeling fluey, in work, debating going home to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Have a head cold, sort of manflu type thing (as in, I'm not really sick but I feel crap, and don't have a good excuse to take a sick day).

Luckily I have stocked up on Lemsip..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Been off the last two weeks, I live in the country so I'm fcuked my transport are my bikes, they are no use too me in this weather. I will have the walk to the shops feeling sh!te later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Meh.

Talk about a shower of wusses.

Get back to work & stop your sniveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

Yep, sick as a dog. Feel like someone is twisting a red hot knife inside me and been getting sick for the past 24 hours, and I decided to drive to work to ask my boss if I could go the doctor, as a snowy Monday sickie is not generally appreciated here. Off soon though, i need bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yip but came into work like a chump. Been sick since last Thursday and haven't taken off. Took it easy on the weekend and don't feel as bad but still not great.

Try Eputex I had it on the weekend and it did a good job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I feel great today. Nope ye all feel better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Sick as a plane to Lourdes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Sick as a plane to Lourdes

Are you snowed in up there in the sticks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I have a torn right calf muscle.
    I have a very bad back with the pain shooting down my left leg to my knee and is also causing my groin alot of pain.
    I have a cavity in my tooth which is very sore.
    And to top it off I woke up this morning with a bad cough and sneezes so every time I cough or sneeze I get a stabing pain in my back.
    Cant take time off work though as have some very important work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I just made love to my mother. Does that mean I'm sick too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

I have a very bad back with the pain shooting down my left leg to my knee and is also causing my groin alot of pain.
    And to top it off I woke up this morning with a bad cough and sneezes so every time I cough or sneeze I get a stabing pain in my back.

You're going to work in THAT condition? Foolish tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I just made love to my mother. Does that mean I'm sick too?

That depends.

Is she hot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Kasabian wrote: »
    Are you snowed in up there in the sticks? :)

Nope, stuckin work where the heating was off all weekend and it takes a few hours to heat the place. Not impressed and having a nice whinge about it and pricking around on the internet in protest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

That depends.

Is she hot?
    No she's cold, she's been dead for 2 weeks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Heatings broke and am stuck in a lecture hall which is half empty. Could think of other ways id like to spend my monday morning...anyone say Jeremy Kyle, hot chochlate and a duvet? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Missed the last week of college cause of a dose of the flu, at least it's not pneumonia like I got last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

chin_grin wrote: »
    NO!

<runs off to make snow men and snow angels and write my name in the snow.....NNNNNNGH....dotting the 'I'>

I'll join yah! I'm a pillar of health!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

We once had a bloke who was notorious for missing Mondays.
    He called the boss one Monday morning to explain that he was too sick to come in that day too!
    The boss, fuming, shouted down the phone at him that this was his 3rd Monday in a row that he would be off sick! And demanded to know how sick he was?

"well put it this way" says your man. "I'm in bed with my sister!" :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,299 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Chew some cloves, will take away the pain of the tooth and should help the cough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

one nun one priest.

Now THATS sick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

YES! I thought I was getting better, but walking around in the snow in Belfast this weekend did not help. :(

I want it to snow like crazy tonight so that Dublin City is shut down and everything is closed. That is the only way I will get a bloody day off tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

why don't those lemsip cold & flu things come in hot whiskey flavour?

Advertisement