Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy flashes in the sky!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Holy Shit!!!!

Window nearly rattled on top of me just then :eek:

Massive flash there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just hit the deck there.

Steppes wrote: »
    Are you sure that's snow? Sounds more like hail where I am in D9.

Deffo snow here. Car is nicely covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

whatsamsn wrote: »
    Already hooking up my homemade flux capatior to my bike. Going to keep cycling up and down, under the clock of easons.... lol.

A american looking all silver car just touched down on the N11 a couple of guys just got out, one white haired professor looking guy, and the other looks like a teenager from the 80's :eek:

Im going in, there is beer coming out of the exhaust, repeat there is beer coming out of the exhaust!.. subject is hatless, repeat hatless!

"I bring you laaaaaave" he said

I saw some dude out shooting rabits, headcase I know, but I grabbed his gun [not c0de] and let the bastards have it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

lightning and snow falling in dublin 24. I've never seen weather like this in ireland before!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

At the risk of sounding like a idiot :o

its unusual to get lighting/thunder then snowfall right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

much calmer now, thats the loudest thunder ive ever heard....wont get asleep for a while now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Same in Dublin 7, lightning and snow...
    but shag all wind. Very strange.

Snow has stopped here in D9. Nice and white outside, get to see it before it's raped come morning.

That's my cue for bed, nite folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Goodnight John-Boy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

thecheese wrote: »
    lightning and snow falling in dublin 24. I've never seen weather like this in ireland before!

Hailstones and thunder here in dublin 13, everything outside is white, it's worse than snow!

Footprints are not showing up.:eek:

Steppes wrote: »
    Are you sure that's snow? Sounds more like hail where I am in D9.

That's what I thought too, they were loud.:eek:

November is now officially Snowvember.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Lots of snow in Dublin city centre. The whole place looks beautiful (for once).

Still waiting in Blanchardstown :(
    Im like a big kid waiting up for santa clause.

I did expect Dublin to get snow this year. As we all remember new years night and even in feb 2009 it was bad too. Didnt expect it this soon.

Am i the only one freezing my ass off at the moment?

Lots of snow in Dublin city centre. The whole place looks beautiful (for once).

It's virgin snow and it does make you take some time out to appreciate it.

I love it.\0/
    Am i the only one freezing my ass off at the moment?

Nope, the house is freezing and the heating has been on since 5 o clock this evening.:(

Feck that, hot water bottle on the things I have to get list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Saw the flashes in the sky earlier on but couldn't figure out what it was. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Fecking thunder woke me up. Then snow and snow

Day 1
    Now we'll be snowed in until spring. I have some cans in the fridge. Sorted. See you in April folks.

:pac:

Must be some fridge to tie you over to april :pac:

*note to self, create a sell some sort of portable alcoholic chilling device and sell it for billions*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

So eh, people, about that march in town today, erm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Just leave them outside, they'll stay nicely chilled

So eh, people, about that march in town today, erm.

Ahahahahahaha. your right.
    Well thats going to put a hell of a lot of people off it now :D ... the snow was planned. Its a conspiracy. :cool:

• Advertisement

Well thats going to put a hell of a lot of people off it now :D ... the snow was planned. Its a conspiracy. :cool:

We can invade the Dáil and use snowballs as ammunition. :P

if i ever decide to streak down a street. I want that music playing in the background. haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Fianna fail spent all our money on a weather machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,921 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well I grew up in florida and having seen plenty of lightning of many varieties I'd wager it was lightning. Not all lightning is the typical forked, bolt to the ground. Some of it is just flash, pop, aka Heat Lightning. And then theres even rarer (ive never seen it) ball lightning:

20 seconds or so in.

And Red Sprite and Bkue Jet lightning

And more commonly to equatorial regions, heat lightning: http://www.viddler.com/explore/zeroslashj/videos/3/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,921 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

At the risk of sounding like a idiot :o

its unusual to get lighting/thunder then snowfall right?
    No, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundersnow

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭thecheese

Here's a frame by frame look at a video I took of the lightning earlier. The whole sky lit up for this one and it was by far not the biggest bolt..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

We had a beautiful thunder and lightning storm last night! It was somewhere out in the Irish Sea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

thecheese wrote: »
    Here's a frame by frame look at a video I took of the lightning earlier. The whole sky lit up for this one and it was by far not the biggest bolt..

Those pics are amazing... Had an early night & managed to sleep thru all the drama -so thanks for that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Well, have to say I had a ****e nights sleep. Mainly because I was enjoying the flashes and bangs (giggidy).

At one point I was awoken (im in an attic) and the whole house actually shook. Im hoping for more of this, have the Video camera battery on charge as I speak.

Advertisement