Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP !!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

1994jacob wrote: »
    so.. I need to paint my bike and have a rough idea of how to do it. (sanding,priming ect.) all i need now is the actual paint and equipment! anyone know where I can pick up primer/good quaility bike paint/lacquer??
    any tips for doing it would also be helpful

Apricate your help!
    Bike Novice.

you will need 800, 1000,1500 grit sandpaper, can of primer, can of paint of choice & laquer. All this can be got from Halfords.

Flat down the frame with the 800grit, when you have a decent key wet sand it with the 1000 & 1200.

When this is all done clean the frame with pre paint wipes.

Then apply the primer (3 coats should be fine)

Let that dry for about 25 mins, then wet sand it again with 1200 grit.

Now painting time, paint on about 5 coats until coverage is even.

When the paint is dry went sand again lightly using 1200 wet!

now it is time for laquer give it 5 coats and let it dry, if u start to get runs use a hgair dryer to blow them out.

This is just a rough idea, take your time preparing the bike and make sure u are in a warm environment

Hope this is of some help

Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

you will need 800, 1000,1500 grit sandpaper, can of primer, can of paint of choice & laquer. All this can be got from Halfords.

Flat down the frame with the 800grit, when you have a decent key wet sand it with the 1000 & 1200.

When this is all done clean the frame with pre paint wipes.

Then apply the primer (3 coats should be fine)

Let that dry for about 25 mins, then wet sand it again with 1200 grit.

Now painting time, paint on about 5 coats until coverage is even.

When the paint is dry went sand again lightly using 1200 wet!

now it is time for laquer give it 5 coats and let it dry, if u start to get runs use a hgair dryer to blow them out.

This is just a rough idea, take your time preparing the bike and make sure u are in a warm environment

Hope this is of some help

Alan

Laquer, she'll love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 1994jacob

thanks, is it good quality though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 1994jacob

phill106 wrote: »

that is just a horrible coincidence, but the bike im painting, is unfortunatly, not a bianchi, and not anywhere near as nice as that :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

OisinT wrote: »
    You've come to the right place!

You will need:

4 matches
    1 can of gasoline
    3 hookers
    2 diet club orange

Report back when you have these.

This is one of the funniest posts I've read in AH in a while:D:D

Advertisement