Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the greatest weapon of war?

Options
  • 24-11-2010 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I always wondered what the greatest weapon of war is. Is it something simple like the AK47 or the hard hitting AC130? I know the AC130 can fire a shell the size of a small car at you but something like the AK47 would have killed a lot more people since its invention! But it could be argued that its physiological warfare that makes a weapon great like the simple landmine or being hit by a .50cal bullet from a sniper or demolished by a predator missile from above. Each country has it own advance in weaponry to get some sort of edge in war. Anyway would b great if you can give some input to this question.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The fart.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ours is our inability to do anything. Or we would moan and whinge our way to victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Someone's played a bit too much COD...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit with B83 nuclear bomb payload would probably be my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

mrjaygibbs wrote: »
    I always wondered what the greatest weapon of war is. Is it something simple like the AK47 or the hard hitting AC130? I know the AC130 can fire a shell the size of a small car at you but something like the AK47 would have killed a lot more people since its invention! But it could be argued that its physiological warfare that makes a weapon great like the simple landmine or being hit by a .50cal bullet from a sniper or demolished by a predator missile from above. Each country has it own advance in weaponry to get some sort of edge in war. Anyway would b great if you can give some input to this question.

Think it's time to turn off the 'auld Xbox there bud...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The wicked mind.

/deep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Propaganda my dear boy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

THE ALMIGHTY CAPS LOCK KEY

(and the uncertain, looming feeling left when ending sentences with several full stops...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

USN Trident Ohio class nuke sub. Game over.

Or one of the USN carrier strike groups. One of their carriers of which they have 12, carry more fighter jets than most of the worlds airforces have in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Idiocy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Fairly sure an Atomic Bomb beats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The individual be it soldier/pilot/sailor..without them bullets wouldn't be fired, bombs dropped or ships sunk.

:pac:

Someone's played a bit too much COD...
    Fúcking over-fishing! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

free cheese?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Fairly sure an Atomic Bomb beats all.
    I said nuclear bomb on stealth bomber. Fúcked and you never even saw it coming.

Ultimate pwnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

False info given to those in power has probably killed more than anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Rock beats everything!

but paper covers rock, and scissors cuts paper!!

Kif, we have a conundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Someone like Hermann Goering (or G.W.Bush), ie someone who can convince a reluctant people to get behind him and follow him to a war the people don't want, or need.

To quote Goering during an interview with Gustaf Gilbert;
    Göring: Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

Gilbert: There is one difference. In a democracy, the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.

Göring: Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

It would be nice to be armed with that kind of power of persuasion. you could kill millions with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

My vote would go to the Nibraflod AX-47 (Model IX), packing two P33 Massive super big bang machine guns, Stealth mode, flame thrower and Thermo Nuclear tea making facilities. I know, I know, it is lacking the Model X's Super Heat Seeking Filibusters but they showed massive weaknesses in the 2033 war between the US and the Mole People.

• Advertisement

OisinT wrote: »
    I said nuclear bomb on stealth bomber. Fúcked and you never even saw it coming.

Ultimate pwnage.
    Yeah, well I'll **** you, and you will see it coming.

Biiiiiiiiiish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Boobs.

I'm actually convinced that if every woman in the world simultaneously made the decision to remove their shirts, war would end and we would enter into world peace.

At least, til the insecurities set in..

liah wrote: »
    Boobs.

I'm actually convinced that if every woman in the world simultaneously made the decision to remove their shirts, war would end and we would enter into world peace.

Only good ones.

Boobs.

If you'd call mass rape peace, maybe.

I don't think that plan would work somehow.

I know if I saw mary harney topless, I'd fúcking kill someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

mrjaygibbs wrote: »
    I always wondered what the greatest weapon of war is. Is it something simple like the AK47 or the hard hitting AC130? I know the AC130 can fire a shell the size of a small car at u but something like the AK47 would have killed a lot more people since it's invention! But it could be argued that its physiological warfare that makes a weapon great like the simple landmine or being hit by a .50cal bullet from a sniper or demolished by a preditor missle from above. Each country has it own advance in weaponry to get some sort of egde in war. Anyway would b great if u can give some input to this question.

The greatest weapons of war are your enemy's weaknesses.

Loneliness
    Insecurity
    Hunger
    Loss of morale
    Disease
    Lack of purpose
    Disbelief
    Fear

.and Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Propaganda. Or Spin as it's called these days.

Someone like Hermann Goering (or G.W.Bush), ie someone who can convince a reluctant people to get behind him and follow him to a war the people don't want, or need.

To quote Goering during an interview with Gustaf Gilbert;

It would be nice to be armed with that kind of power of persuasion. you could kill millions with it.
    The thing is that the IMF, the EU and the UK are trying to take over our country right now.
    The Republic of Ireland is under threat from outside forces, so we must do everything to stop these people from taking over our country.

We need every Irish person to stand up against the aggressiveness of these invaders.

We are facing three enemies. However, they all want control of Ireland.
    We can use this to our advantage. We just need to find the weakest enemy, back them, and then destroy them when the time is right.

Wait. What's going on? I'm ****ing hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

[Economics Posts] IMF/ FF Economic policy[/Economics Posts]

I be trolling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Okay then, boobs + thc in the world's water supplies = world peace.

The entire world would be sitting in their respective mom's basements giggling about boobs and discussing the best brand of munch.

Problem solved.

• Advertisement

Boobs.

I'm going to have to demand proof of this.
    Let us start with pics of your boobies.

If you don't show us your boobies, then you are supporting terrorism.
    Are you a terrorist?
    Well, are you?

Advertisement